THE BROWNS BOARD

Is 0-11 Possible??? Most Likely!

gmp

Wel,

Now that the Browns managed to screw up in choking on the NFL Cupcakes Tampa and KC. I look at the upcoming season, and I don't see a win on the horizon anytime soon...Carolina at Cleveland week 12!!!!...and that 's a stretch...

This team is light years away from the rest of the NFL high quality teams. Nothing on Defense, No offense, no backs, no wide-outs...it's gonna be a long season!!..

Give this regime the boot as well and please bring Chucky down from the broadcast booth...PLEASE!!!!!!!! :mad:

Defensively I think we have made progress, Offensively, we suck and don't belong in the league.

This is really getting hard to take year after year. Out of the running by week #2 is getting freaking old.

exactly. it's hard to swallow when teams in the same situation as you are improving and you seem to be going backwards. i am by no means giving up on the season and think we can win 5 games or so. but to be honest, i thought we would be 2-0 instead of 0-2 by now. we lost to two teams that were in the bottom five last year. if we aren't competitive in these next couple of games, then there needs to be a change somewhere. let's start with daboll now.

please, for the love of god, stop saying that john gruden is the clear choice and will lead us to victory. yes he has a superbowl, but it was with a team that tony dungy built. what did he do with the bucs after that? nothing. he is supposed to be this great offensive genius, but the offense sucked in tampa. he piggy backed off of a great coordinator like monty kiffin and benefited from having the superior predecessors. after he won the superbowl, he failed to keep up with the rest of the league when he brought his own guys in. he's mediocre at best and possibly the most overrated coach in the last decade. i like his intensity, but i just don't like him as a coach. also, he's creepy looking. just sayin.

Everyone knocks Gruden for this but I don't get it.... Dungy didn't build that team the GM did. Im sure Dungy was involved but w/e. Gruden still coached a team to an NFL Super Bowl.

I'm not so sure he's a good fit for our Brownies, but to discredit the man for that accomplishment is ignorant.

yeah, but you're forgetting that i'm incredibly ignorant...

It is possible we will go 0-16 this year but highly unlikely more like 4-12 with all the victories over teams we shouldnt have beat which is basically any team left on the schedule...0-11 is not out of the question though..

I like what the defense has done so far against questionable opponents but we will get a real gauging test against the turd birds next week..my guess is we are to slow, old and weak to pass the test...

Everyone knocks Gruden for this but I don't get it.... Dungy didn't build that team the GM did. Im sure Dungy was involved but w/e. Gruden still coached a team to an NFL Super Bowl.

I'm not so sure he's a good fit for our Brownies, but to discredit the man for that accomplishment is ignorant.

It's hard to give him much credit when he just joined the team that year. Sure, he technically was coach and won the superbowl. But we all know it was because of Kiffin's defense.

It's hard to give him much credit when he just joined the team that year. Sure, he technically was coach and won the superbowl. But we all know it was because of Kiffin's defense.

i compare mike tomlin to him quite a bit. is tomlin a bad coach? no. is he a good coach? maybe. it remains to be seen. he has taken a team that was built by another man and a defense that is coached by possibly the best coordinator ever. i am not saying he is a bad coach though. i think that he doees a good job, but we won't find out how good he is until the core guys like polamalou and ward retire.

0-11 is not possible. We will still beat the Bills. And the Carolina panthers dont seem that elite either.

0-11 is ery much possible my friend...

Cleveland is At Bill's week 14...

Panthers at Clevland week 12...

Gonna be a long road in between..

i compare mike tomlin to him quite a bit. is tomlin a bad coach? no. is he a good coach? maybe. it remains to be seen. he has taken a team that was built by another man and a defense that is coached by possibly the best coordinator ever. i am not saying he is a bad coach though. i think that he doees a good job, but we won't find out how good he is until the core guys like polamalou and ward retire.

Right, if those guys give up 2 interception returns for TDs the way the Browns did, they too may be caterwauling about doom and gloom.

Defensively I think we have made progress, Offensively, we suck and don't belong in the league.

This is really getting hard to take year after year. Out of the running by week #2 is getting freaking old.

Not sure why anyone thought we'd be competitive with Massoquai, Stuckey and Robiskie at WR. Three turds that wouldn't make #3 receiver on most teams.

It is possible we will go 0-16 this year but highly unlikely more like 4-12 with all the victories over teams we shouldnt have beat which is basically any team left on the schedule...0-11 is not out of the question though..

I like what the defense has done so far against questionable opponents but we will get a real gauging test against the turd birds next week..my guess is we are to slow, old and weak to pass the test...

BTW, you happen to be the same Gips that posts over on Cleveland.com? Had me confused with our Gipper, didn't understand the negativity. :)

Yeah, before we say the sky is falling, let's take into consideration a couple potential preseason Super Bowl favorites- Minnesota and Dallas are right down there with the Browns at 0-2. Yeah, I've downgraded my win prediction from 7- I'll refine that after Sunday when we play the Ratbirds.

We've graduated from blow out losses (remember the first couple of games last year) to could-have-beens if a few plays went our way. Disheartening to say the least to lose to two teams that drafted ahead of you in April. No speed @ WR, no pass rush to speak of, and until Pashos and Lavauo get back healthy the right side of the O-line is a mess.

BTW, you happen to be the same Gips that posts over on Cleveland.com? Had me confused with our Gipper, didn't understand the negativity. :)

Yes, please don't confuse us. I am "The Gipper" aka, "the Brave, the Wise, and the Just".

Whereas he is "Gips" aka "The Ogre, the Foul, the Purveyor of women and children".

Archived