THE BROWNS BOARD

Reasons Why We Need More Than A Few Additions

Sony Reed

All anyone had to do was watch the Steelers and Ravens yesterday 2 teams we have to bypass before we can say we are a contender, both teams have physical defenses, both teams stop the run, both teams can blitz and play aggresive on defense not this read and react 2 gap garbage we play and both teams commit to running the ball

Now look at this Browns roster Savage has put together, this team is not built to compete in the AFC North, this offense is built around the passing game and with the believe we can outscore everyone, well we see how that went this season once teams got a book on Chudzinski who for some reason unknown to be is not getting blamed for this poor excuse of a offense we have.

The Browns need to get physical on both sides of the ball, look at our o-line the only guys that are physical are Rex Hadnot and Shaffer, whereas Thomas, Steinbach and Fraley are more finese type players, on the defensive side only Shaun Rogers is physical and none of our linebackers are physical.

IMO, the Browns would be better going after physical guys with heart in free agency and the draft.

People question why we can't get the tough yards when needed, we are not physical

People question why we can't stop the run, name me a linebacker we have that will knock you on your butt, name me a safety that opposing receivers fail going over the middle ( Please don't mention Brian Russell his play is so bad in Seattle they are ready to run him out of town)

This all comes back to Phil Savage who put this roster together, and until we get physical and bring those type of players in we are not going to beat the Steelers and Ravens and other physical teams in the league

People talking about the draft want Orapko, so we are going to take another college DE and convert to linebacker, did'nt we learn from Wimbley, only draft Orapko if you leave him at DE at go to a 4-3, would Ngata look good on this front line today? If we draft linebacker I want some mean guy who will knock you on your butt or a physical saftey and a big physical back like Green from Iowa.

Needs: 2 physical outside linebackers who can rush the QB and play the run, convert to a 4-3 defense, move Williams inside next to Rogers,sign a free agent physical safety and get a receiver who will go over the middle and catch the ball and a mauler for right guard and right tackle and either move Hadnot to center or get a big center and a big physical cornerback and get 2 defensive ends.

This team needs 9 major additions either thru free agency or the draft

Guest Aloysius
People talking about the draft want Orapko, so we are going to take another college DE and convert to linebacker, did'nt we learn from Wimbley, only draft Orapko if you leave him at DE at go to a 4-3, would Ngata look good on this front line today?

Yes, Ngata would look good on our line, but I don't get how Wimbley being a disappointment proves that you shouldn't draft college DE's and convert them to 3-4 OLB's.

In fact, three of the the top five sack guys this year played DE in college & are now 3-4 OLB's. So the lesson seems to be that a 3-4 can turn hybrid DE-OLB prospects into elite players.

Needs: 2 physical outside linebackers who can rush the QB and play the run, convert to a 4-3 defense, move Williams inside next to Rogers,sign a free agent physical safety and get a receiver who will go over the middle and catch the ball and a mauler for right guard and right tackle and either move Hadnot to center or get a big center and a big physical cornerback and get 2 defensive ends.

This team needs 9 major additions either thru free agency or the draft

AMen.

We lack Physical...

We lack HEART.

I am firmly planted in Camp CURRY for round 1....

If they can get Shonn Greene (as i posted in another thread)adfter Curry... this would put them on the track to fixing that problem! 2 passionate PHYSICAL guys..look at the excitement after those guys make plays...not in a cocky look at me way..but in a carry my team fashion

Guest Masters

Lack of physical play to get the tough yards or stop teams from getting the tough yards is always a reflection of the coach. Passive coaches end up with players playing passive.

Archived