THE BROWNS BOARD

WHERE'S THE FIRE, THE ATTITUDE?

miktoxic

didn't want to start this thread titled 'browns a soft team?' but i got to tell you, where is the attitude the intensity? i want to see one of our defenders rip somebody's head off. where's the OL bringing it 15 yards down the field?

a lot can be said about the organization wanting class act guys and this and that but give me a thug on the field PLEASE!!!!! it's all fine and good for an opposing player to break our qb's neck, everybody praised it on espn etc. and we look like pussies. it's been this way for years. an opposing team will come in, talk shit on camera, kick our ass up and down the field and we bow our heads mercilly like a bunch of chumps. i agree with a poster from another thread that our coaches need to light these guys up and quit looking like you got your first hair cut.

the FO really needs to rethink the good guy thing. yeah it's great nobody's raping anyone off field, but can i get an opposing qb ass rape on the field????!!!!!???? or toss a rb into the 3rd row????? how about laying out a receiver coming across the middle????? SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

There is fire on the D, and a bunch of crap on the O except for 73, 55 & 16.

God, think of what this putrid offense is going to do against the ratbirds. I'm guessing -23 yds total offense. Not counting penalties.

Sorry - I've just lost hope already. And it's only taken 38 years...

I think our defense is hitting hard especially the youth, and a couple of linebackers like roth and fujita even gocong are doing ok barton had a couple hard tackles last week much to my surprise..

The offense uhhhhhhhhhhh the offense is a mess, many of us know whom is to blame at the core but the execution hasnt been so great either..its a toxic combination of bad repetitive predictable playcalling with limited and obvious targets, a lack of creative offense looks and playaction and a lack of impact players or even talented players to rise up to answer the call to take pressure off the few talented guys we have...

Opposing defenses just line up in the box ID the formation and the repetitive play they believe we are going to run, man defense on our non factor WRs double coverage on cribbs, moore or watson depending on who is in that particular set and move everything else at hillis or harrison depending on what they see as the target...daboll is either lazy or stupid he shows no hustle or ability to mix things up and give different looks, the problem has multiple solutions but i dont see anyone on the sideline doing anything but watching the team line up the play getting ID'ed and giving the game away...

Even the players have the look in their eyes like they know the defense knows and is keying in...we will not win another game unless the coaches find a way to get players they perhaps dont like or trust into the game, we have players both active and on the bench that will rise to the occasion but they have to be implemented properly and included first...we cant keep going after the same few heavily covered targets over and over..but we can use that to our advantage..

I see the young guys and the vets with the attitudes. Not many before Mangini browns have that attitude. We all know the ones that do, but honestly, before Mangini our guys were even softer. I see more with him under the helm than i did before. just my opinion.

The fire and the passion is always there in many teams, only it is not always that visible to the public eye. Players going gung-ho after some big play is often seen in the Jets or Ravens but the celebrations are much more toned in teams like the Patriots or Texans, but that does not mean they lack fire.

You dont want to get the reputation of the Raiders who used to play dirty but now everytime they do something borderline dirty they still get called for it, as if the referees dont ever wanna give them a break.

Archived