THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Kolb

Nw220

Just wondering since Vick is the starter for the rest of the season if anyone has an interest in Kevin Kolb,he has ties to Heckert and helped draft him in Philly...So maybe he has a liking to him and i was just watching sportscenter when adam schaftner came on and said dont be surprized to see Cleveland giving them a call to see what they want for him,which kinda caught me by surprize.

Personally im not sold on him yet and i wouldnt wanna give up any high draft picks to get him considering it looks like this year we are going to be drafting high again but thats my own take

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
or Matt Moore. He's available. How about Leinart or we can just get Quinn back. Shish....

Do you really think we're 1 QB away from winning games? JD and Wallace is the best combo in years. Move on....please.

Im not saying its a soultion or its even what i want to do as i previously stated i would not have an interest in him considering hes an unproven QB but he has ties to Heckert and i was only posting something that has been rumored so you may think JD and Wallace are the best thing we've ever seen but that dosent mean that Holmgren or Heckert arent coming up with another option looking around

Im not saying its a soultion or its even what i want to do as i previously stated i would not have an interest in him considering hes an unproven QB but he has ties to Heckert and i was only posting something that has been rumored so you may think JD and Wallace are the best thing we've ever seen but that dosent mean that Holmgren or Heckert arent coming up with another option looking around

Fair enough. It does seem logical that they would look in that direction, I just don't see how it would make any sense at this point though. We have veteran, one of the best back ups in the league and a rookie project... I'd mess with WR's before I start changing QB's. But hey, anything is possible.

Why would you want to even TOUCH a guy with a concussion when you have a prospect in Colt McCoy? I think the only QB move that could be made is Seneca Wallace taking over the starting role for this season if he plays and beats Baltimore this weekend. Otherwise, I would think McCoy would be making a play for the starting or #2 QB role in 2011.

This season is one that is in so much flux that it is hard to see Holmgren making any big moves without knowing Mangini's future. I think McCoy is Holmgren's new Matt Hasselbeck and the upcoming draft will be focused on building our trenches - The Right side of the OL, the DL (I think Rogers might get traded for some mid-late rounders and low end prospects) with a couple gambles on potential gamebreakers.

#1 Pick For Cleveland = Cam Heyward (if we can get him)

No here also, we really need to produce our own true starting QB at some point...but i honestly believe we currently lack the personnel on the field and the sidelines to both raise and then field a competent prospect with adequate weapons and tools at his disposal...

Much needs to be done before we can have success on that front, that even applies to colt....

A more important question, With the 2011 said to be QB rich should the Browns use their first round pick to draft a Quarterback ?

I haven't been impressed with ANY of the top QB prospects... None of them seem to be very athletic and they all seem to have some sort of strange injury history.

Here is a quick run-down of the 2011 QBs -

LOL, im not surprised at all..since that makes it obvious that we will likely retain the current staff for at least a while we will need to get a ready trained QB as opposed to making our own...yet again....

At this point im not convinced kolb is even worth what they will ask if they decided to trade him...but its likely they wont trade him anyways...

or Matt Moore. He's available. How about Leinart or we can just get Quinn back. Shish....

Do you really think we're 1 QB away from winning games? JD and Wallace is the best combo in years. Move on....please.

JD and Wallace are the best combo in years, agreed. But at the same time thats like saying someone is the tallest midget. If we could get Kolb without giving up a first I am pretty much all over it. He has looked good when he played. We have ham and eggers QBs right now ... Kolb is a roll of the dice, but he has a ton of upside and seems to be suited well for a WCO.

McCoy also doesn't do it for me. Idealy I would love to see McCoy and a third for Kolb.

Kolb seems to fit in PERFECTLY with the clowns.

couldn't make it on a decent team that is built to win now......................but will somehow be clevelands messiah.

hmmmm..............deja vu? isn't this the same "winning" recipe you tried with JD?

Ask Houston how they like Matt Schaub. Kolb looked awfully good last year in his 2 starts. 1st QB in NFL history to throw back to back 400 yard games in their first 2 starts.

Schaub was a 2nd round pick that saw limited time on the field behind Vick. Houston has a bonafide star at QB. The Browns have nothing. If you're going to give JD $7 million guaranteed I would surely give up a 2nd and 3rd for Kolb assuming it's even a possibility.

Kolb seems to fit in PERFECTLY with the clowns.

couldn't make it on a decent team that is built to win now......................but will somehow be clevelands messiah.

hmmmm..............deja vu? isn't this the same "winning" recipe you tried with JD?

By "couldn't make it" you do realize he only got a half to basically prove his worth after 2 monster starts last year. And his benching was due to a concussion and a big game by a back up against the Lions ...

LOL, im not surprised at all..since that makes it obvious that we will likely retain the current staff for at least a while we will need to get a ready trained QB as opposed to making our own...yet again....

At this point im not convinced kolb is even worth what they will ask if they decided to trade him...but its likely they wont trade him anyways...

I have to say Gips, I love your little poem! I feel ya! Same shit, different toilet! Cleveland: YA GOTTA BE TOUGH!!! :rolleyes:

Ask Houston how they like Matt Schaub. Kolb looked awfully good last year in his 2 starts. 1st QB in NFL history to throw back to back 400 yard games in their first 2 starts.

Schaub was a 2nd round pick that saw limited time on the field behind Vick. Houston has a bonafide star at QB. The Browns have nothing. If you're going to give JD $7 million guaranteed I would surely give up a 2nd and 3rd for Kolb assuming it's even a possibility.

exactly shaub PLAYED his way to a starting position. Kolb was handed it and has now lost it. Vick is the starter this sunday not because Kolb is hurt but because he is the better QB. (wich is a scary thing)

By "couldn't make it" you do realize he only got a half to basically prove his worth after 2 monster starts last year. And his benching was due to a concussion and a big game by a back up against the Lions ...

no, by "didn't make it" i'm not talking about the half of football he played this year.......i'm talking about the 3 yrs of preperation he had sitting behind McNabb. you can't tell me anything i don't already know about the eagles and philly football. i just moved away from the area after living there for about 3yrs. Kolb has been andy reid's golden boy from the time he was drafted and reid has done as much as possible to get him on the field.

coaches get alot more time to evaluate than we do and from what the coaches see on a everyday basis Vick not Kolb gives them the best chance to win.

to quote a movie line........."he has been weighed, he has been measured, and he has been found wanting".

i dont think its necessary to get kolb, delhomme was a waste imo, but wallace is a solid nfl qb, he wont get 300 yards a game but he also wont be stupid with the football. Either way priority #1 should be a right side of the line. Just keep wallace and draft dwight dasher in like the 5th or 6th next year and we r set lol

Archived