THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns QB Jake Delhomme has high ankle sprain -- league source

TheClevelandSound

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ke_delho_2.html

BEREA - The injury to Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme is a high ankle sprain, a league source confirmed.

Recovery time for a high ankle sprain usually is four to six weeks, but quarterbacks have been known to come back as soon as two weeks because they're not subjected to as much sprinting and cutting as other positions.

Coach Eric Mangini didn't address the specifics of Delhomme's injury today, but said he's "progressing."

Delhomme hasn't practiced since suffering the injury in the season opener against Tampa Bay on Sept. 12.

I wonder if keeping him in the game could have aggravated that injury or if he had that level of injury to start with but the coaches were not responsible enough to notice and replace him.

Good question, though, I suspect, once he got the injury it was injured and probably not make any worse.

If he is out 4-6 weeks who is going to be the Browns backup QB?

A development like this could actually spur the potential acquisition of Kolb, if the Browns are really serious about getting him.

(Gee, maybe he could be our Brett Favre...passed over in Atlanta only to go on to HOF career in Green Bay?) Why couldn't something like that work out for us just once?

Good question, though, I suspect, once he got the injury it was injured and probably not make any worse.

A development like this could actually spur the potential acquisition of Kolb, if the Browns are really serious about getting him.

(Gee, maybe he could be our Brett Favre...passed over in Atlanta only to go on to HOF career in Green Bay?) Why couldn't something like that work out for us just once?

The only reason im hesitant about the Kolb pick is:

1. Dunno the asking price

2. We have a good QB class coming up in the draft. Imagine if they were really good and we dont want to take them cos we already bet our stakes on Kolb.

3. Even if Kolb is decent, whom does he throw it to ? we need one threat atleast. also will this affect McCoy's development ?

I doubt he made it any worse by playing on it and honestly, if the trainer or orthopedist tells the coach that the guy's okay to play...he's in.

In a way, I think that this is a bit fortunate as I think a more mobile QB will serve us better against Baltimore.

Archived