THE BROWNS BOARD

The Tax Cuts

Westside Steve

That's a real issue people are facing. It's only federal coffers that have taken a hit. States are losing tax revenue because of the recession, too, and unlike the feds, they have to balance their budget. So they have to either cut way back or increase taxes - or more likely, "fees." Or taxes on shit you don't notice, like your cable bill. Or jacking up parking tickets.

However, if that's your problem with Obama, it's not really his problem, unless you're faulting him for not giving enough aid to cash-strapped states. And I certainly don't hear that from the right.

But yes, your increase in state and local taxes could have eliminated your federal tax benefits. The Obama cuts were around $400 for an individual and $800 for a couple.

PS - Hope you saw all of those lazy people who don't want to work on 60 Minutes last night.

That's a real issue people are facing. It's only federal coffers that have taken a hit. States are losing tax revenue because of the recession, too, and unlike the feds, they have to balance their budget. So they have to either cut way back or increase taxes - or more likely, "fees." Or taxes on shit you don't notice, like your cable bill. Or jacking up parking tickets.

However, if that's your problem with Obama, it's not really his problem, unless you're faulting him for not giving enough aid to cash-strapped states. And I certainly don't hear that from the right.

You don't hear it from anybody on the fed meal ticket.

That's kinda the problem.

But yes, your increase in state and local taxes could have eliminated your federal tax benefits. The Obama cuts were around $400 for an individual and $800 for a couple.

So it's a shrug for me.

I didn't wet myself over Bush's rebate either as you revcall.

WSS

I hate people on government assistance and think they cause all of our problems, part 896.

We can make every citizen prosperous and happy with more tax money part 897.

Sorry you're sad VT (I'm resisting the Geico ad) .

Perhaps you ought to specialize in something with less risk of patient mortality.

That's gotta be sadder than this.

;)

WSS

My plans are up in the air, atm, got some personal issues I've been sorting out the past couple of weeks (stupid broad, my self esteem, motivation, etc.), but I'm pushing back taking the MCAT because I just don't have time to study for it.

VT the world needs caring honest thoughtful doctors more than it needs a lot of other shit.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT allow pussy to xxxx up your life.

We love ya kid.

WSS

Yeah, I know, you're right. Still hurts, though. I'm not giving up on my dreams because of her, she's just gave me a huge xxxxing headache while I'm trying to study.

[rant]I tell her a few weeks ago that we should talk. She gets upset over what she thinks I'm gonna say. This makes me think she really likes me. She goes to school in NC, lives in WV, she gets me a ticket to the WVU/Syracuse game and invites me down. I take an 11 hour greyhound from Dayton that cost $160. The first night there, we start hooking up, just as I'm getting worked up, she freaks out, saying that this is too hard for her, and it'd hurt too much to keep it going.

Okay, fine by me, it sucks, but whatever, we're still friends. Then the next day, we had fun at the game, but afterwards she'd barely talk to me, was more interested in texting her ex, and when we'd hang out with her friends, she'd talk about shit from high school I couldn't relate to. Never felt so unwanted and alone. She was the only person I knew there.

The worst part about it is I was just as much of a piece of shit to her and my ex girlfriend as she was to me. So I'm half the problem, and I hate what I've learned about myself.[/rant]

tl;dr I am a piece of shit that dated two girls at the same time, putting them both through what just happened to me. DATING TWO GIRLS = BAD IDEA

But I digress...

I'm just pushing them back because my courseload is just not conducive to taking the MCAT in january. This way, if I have a year where I'm just working in a lab, that gives me plenty of time to study for the MCAT or GRE. I'm in a toss up right now on whether or not I want to be a PhD or MD. I want to be in the field of medicine, but MD's gonna put me in a bunch of debt. At least with PhD, I'd be getting paid while I go to school and can start taking care of my undergrad debts.

Anywho, I need to make a phone call to the AFB and see if I can find a job there. Wish me luck.

Good luck V.

One day, you'll meet the gal who makes everything about you... make sense.

Wright Pat is a huge base. If you get a job there, check out the fishing lakes

out back, if they are still there, that is. It's been many decades since I was there. LOL

Archived