THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday Fall special

The Gipper

Here are this week's survey questions:

A. Forbes Magazine has just come out with an article declaring that the college where my son attends, Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio is the Most Beautiful Campus IN THE WORLD!! The top 10 were: 1. Kenyon 2. Oxford, England 3. Princeton 4. Scripps College, Calif. 5. Stanford 6. Trinity, Dublin, Ireland 7. Tsinghua, Beijing, China 8. Air Force Academy, Colo. 9. Univ. of Bologna, Italy 10. UC Santa Cruz see the article: http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/31/beautiful...ture_slide.html

The question is: Which is the most beautiful college campus you have ever been to?

B. See the following link which lists the preliminary nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Game Class of 2011.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/2010/9/1...s-alphabetical/

The question is: Which 4-7 people on that list are most deserving in HOF induction, in your opinion?

C. There are only the 10 following teams left that are likely to make the Baseball postseason: The Yankee, Rays, Twins, Rangers, Phillies, Braves, Reds, Padres, Rockies, Giants.

The question is: which one of these would you most like to see win the World Series?

D. I am not a fan of the show and never watch it. Nevertheless a lot of people do, so, here is the list of remaining contestants on "Dancing With the Stars": Michael Bolton, Kyle Massey, Bristol Palin, "The Situation", Margaret Cho, Audrina Partridge, Jennifer Grey, Brandy, Rick Fox, Florence Henderson, Kurt Warner.

The question is: Who would you like to see win?

E. What is your favorite pie for Thanksgiving?

A. Forbes Magazine has just come out with an article declaring that the college where my son attends, Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio is the Most Beautiful Campus IN THE WORLD!! The top 10 were: 1. Kenyon 2. Oxford, England 3. Princeton 4. Scripps College, Calif. 5. Stanford 6. Trinity, Dublin, Ireland 7. Tsinghua, Beijing, China 8. Air Force Academy, Colo. 9. Univ. of Bologna, Italy 10. UC Santa Cruz see the article: http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/31/beautiful...ture_slide.html

The question is: Which is the most beautiful college campus you have ever been to?

notre dame, but i haven't seen too many campuses. also, my jcu gators jsut beat your kenyon whatevers in rugby last weekend 25-0. just sayin.

B. See the following link which lists the preliminary nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Game Class of 2011.

The question is: Which 4-7 people on that list are most deserving in HOF induction, in your opinion?

bettis, faulk, brown, and sharpe. they are the only ones i saw play a lot.

C. There are only the 10 following teams left that are likely to make the Baseball postseason: The Yankee, Rays, Twins, Rangers, Phillies, Braves, Reds, Padres, Rockies, Giants.

The question is: which one of these would you most like to see win the World Series?

anyone but the yankees

D. I am not a fan of the show and never watch it. Nevertheless a lot of people do, so, here is the list of remaining contestants on "Dancing With the Stars": Michael Bolton, Kyle Massey, Bristol Palin, "The Situation", Margaret Cho, Audrina Partridge, Jennifer Grey, Brandy, Rick Fox, Florence Henderson, Kurt Warner.

warner

hair

My own answers:

Believe it or not, my answer is : Kenyon! (Big surprise?). Of the ones on the above list I have also been to only Stanford and Air Force. Both are nice. Air Force's setting is spectacular with the mountains in the background. Though I do think that both Duke and Notre Dame could give those two a run (but not Kenyon)

Having perused the list my choices would be Ken Anderson, Tony Boselli, Chris Carter, Curtis Martin, Deion Sanders, Chuck Knox, and homer choice favorite Clay Matthews.

Second string: Ray Guy, Tim Brown, Jim Plunkett, Shannon Sharpe, Herschel Walker, George Young

My personal order of preference: 1. Padres 2. Giants 3. Rangers 4. Rays 5. Reds 6. Rockies 7. Twins 8. Braves 9. Phillies 10. ScumF**kers

This is the easiest question on the board: Nobody puts Baby in a corner: Jennifer Grey.

I am more partial to Pecan, Cherry, and Coconut Cream than I am to pumpkin or apple

notre dame, but i haven't seen too many campuses. also, my jcu gators jsut beat your kenyon whatevers in rugby last weekend 25-0. just sayin.

Kenyon are the Lords and Ladies. When you say jcu, are you referring to John Carroll? I thought they were the Blue Streaks. If it is John Carroll, I will say that my son applied there as well, and I like that campus very much. (but he was accepted at all the other schools he applied to including Oberlin, Denison, Wittenberg, and Miami).

Kenyon may not be so good at rugby...or football. But I understand they have a mean Quidditch team!

(and you know what they are good at?: Swimming. 30 consecutive national championships good, more than any other team in any other sport at any level in history)

I've been to quite a few from this list. I'd say.

Princeton, Oxford, Duke (if duke had UNC's girls I'd move them to the top of the list) UC Santa Cruz nice except for all the hippies.

Bettis, Brown, Mathews, Jack Kent Cooke

Twins

I'll take Jennifer Grey. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

Kenyon are the Lords and Ladies. When you say jcu, are you referring to John Carroll? I thought they were the Blue Streaks. If it is John Carroll, I will say that my son applied there as well, and I like that campus very much. (but he was accepted at all the other schools he applied to including Oberlin, Denison, Wittenberg, and Miami).

Kenyon may not be so good at rugby...or football. But I understand they have a mean Quidditch team!

(and you know what they are good at?: Swimming. 30 consecutive national championships good, more than any other team in any other sport at any level in history)

i am talking about john carroll. i really liked their campus because it's all enclosed and you don't have to walk to far to get anywhere. they are the blue streaks but their rugby team is the green gators. long story short, jcu rugby was the first club team on campus and they were always known as the green gators (i don't know why) and the name stuck. i played all four years there and we won state my freshman year. they have a shot at winning it again this year.

A. The question is: Which is the most beautiful college campus you have ever been to?

Miami of Ohio. I didn't get around much, obviously... GGG

B. The question is: Which 4-7 people on that list are most deserving in HOF induction, in your opinion?

Fred Smerlas, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, **Clay Mathews**, Al "Bubba" Baker, Ray Childress.

C. They still play professional baseball? hmm...

D. Bristol Palin, Jennifer Grey - I'll break the tie, and go with Jennifer Gray.

Another tie. HOMEMADE pumpkin pie (I add an extra pinch of sugar and a few spices), and a good, chewy/not creamy pecan pie with coffee.

Tri-C Western Campus.

Phillies (my daughter lives there)

Pumpkin.

A. The question is: Which is the most beautiful college campus you have ever been to?

Miami of Ohio. I didn't get around much, obviously... GGG

OK, but I have, and I will say that Miami is one of the very nicest state school campuses out there. Ohio U. is a very nice state school campus as well. (note that most of the ones on the Forbes list were private schools)

B. The question is: Which 4-7 people on that list are most deserving in HOF induction, in your opinion?

Fred Smerlas, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, **Clay Mathews**, Al "Bubba" Baker, Ray Childress.

C. They still play professional baseball? hmm...

D. Bristol Palin, Jennifer Grey - I'll break the tie, and go with Jennifer Gray.

Another tie. HOMEMADE pumpkin pie (I add an extra pinch of sugar and a few spices), and a good, chewy/not creamy pecan pie with coffee.

You're making me hungry, man

Ole Miss

Deion sanders, Kenny Easley and ray Guy are 3 who stand out.

Braves

I really couldn't care less.

I favor a nice slice of pecan with some Kahlua drizzled over whipped cream.

I love Kent States campus so much. However, I have seen Miami (OH) and its pretty up there too.

Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders, Dick Vermeil, Jerome Bettis, Cris Carter, Art Rooney, Jr., Don Coryell

San Diego! They are always on the bottom and have been my 2nd favorite team for a long time.

Kurt Warner. Thats about it.

Apple Pie!!!

C. The question is: which one of these would you most like to see win the World Series?

D. "Dancing With the Stars": Michael Bolton, Kyle Massey, Bristol Palin, "The Situation", Margaret Cho, Audrina Partridge, Jennifer Grey, Brandy, Rick Fox, Florence Henderson, Kurt Warner. The question is: Who would you like to see win?

A. I haven't been on too many college campuses. I'd say Furman University and Harvard are the prettiest I've seen. The Hokie Stone buildings on the VT campus are stunning.

B. Most deserving? I don't really know. Generally I think Halls of Fame contain too many people. But if I had to pick, I'd enjoy seeing Frank Minnifield and Clay Matthews in just because I loved watching them play.

C. Anyone but the Yankees

D. Jennifer Grey

E. I love pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. I do, however, make the best pecan pie on the planet.

E. I love pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. I do, however, make the best pecan pie on the planet.

Well, I love the name Kathy, and I love Pecan pie, so how about we dump our spouses and make a life together???

Ok...there is more to it than that, so I am only half joking.

Best on the planet???

Maybe I am not kidding. ;)

Pecan rules!

My personal order of preference: 1. Padres 2. Giants 3. Rangers 4. Rays 5. Reds 6. Rockies 7. Twins 8. Braves 9. Phillies 10. ScumF**kers

My first choice of the Padres is not looking that great right now as they are 2 games behind the Giants in the NL West and 1.5 games behind the Braves for the wildcard spot.

Archived