THE BROWNS BOARD

Edwards wants out of Cleveland?

OconRecon

One thing we know. This is Braylon. It was the knock on him at Michigan and its the knock on him here. He's hot-cold and ranges from circus catches to bread-basket drops.

The Browns just need to decide if this is what they want. Given the current Browns WR's, I'd vote stick with BE, get rid of Stallworth, hope JJ returns and get a new WR in the draft or via FA.

Can't we get one of the millions of Lions 1st WR draft picks? <_<

One thing we know. This is Braylon. It was the knock on him at Michigan and its the knock on him here. He's hot-cold and ranges from circus catches to bread-basket drops.

The Browns just need to decide if this is what they want. Given the current Browns WR's, I'd vote stick with BE, get rid of Stallworth, hope JJ returns and get a new WR in the draft or via FA.

Can't we get one of the millions of Lions 1st WR draft picks? <_<

I agree....we need to get a POSSESSION RECEIVER...even if JJ comes back he is a one year rental and may not make it through the year on a knee with 7 surgeries.

K2 could get us that type of receiver in trade.

Anyone watching the Browns with DA at QB realize that our receivers were routinely taking the BIG HIT.

In related news, anyone watching WPB realizes that he is the BIG GAY.

This bullshit argument is for the truly sincerely "GAY FOR BQ" crowd who learned to break down QB play sometime after watching DA toss 29 TDs and then dreaming that it was easy.

The idea that a QB causes a WR to be afraid to catch the ball is similar to saying that there's a single BQ fan who remembers the real reason BQ got pulled vs the Texans (no it was not the owie on his fingie).

The real reason WPB makes these twisted subjective claims promoting BQ love and DA hate is that he is SCARED SHITLESS that whoever the new coach is will keep DA on the team which would mean that the golden boy would once again have his ass planted on the bench, or worse yet, traded to the Chiefs.

I agree....we need to get a POSSESSION RECEIVER...even if JJ comes back he is a one year rental and may not make it through the year on a knee with 7 surgeries.

K2 could get us that type of receiver in trade.

If BQ is the QB then no need to trade K2. He is incredible at standing 3 yds past the line of scrimmage in between two LBs.

K2 would get 100 balls if BQ was the QB. Just like when Frye was there, Kellen is the checkdown receiver of a Dink and Dunker's dreams.

If BQ is the QB then no need to trade K2. He is incredible at standing 3 yds past the line of scrimmage in between two LBs.

K2 would get 100 balls if BQ was the QB. Just like when Frye was there, Kellen is the checkdown receiver of a Dink and Dunker's dreams.

I guess that explains his 82 receptions last year?

In related news, anyone watching WPB realizes that he is the BIG GAY.

This bullshit argument is for the truly sincerely "GAY FOR BQ" crowd who learned to break down QB play sometime after watching DA toss 29 TDs and then dreaming that it was easy.

The idea that a QB causes a WR to be afraid to catch the ball is similar to saying that there's a single BQ fan who remembers the real reason BQ got pulled vs the Texans (no it was not the owie on his fingie).

The real reason WPB makes these twisted subjective claims promoting BQ love and DA hate is that he is SCARED SHITLESS that whoever the new coach is will keep DA on the team which would mean that the golden boy would once again have his ass planted on the bench, or worse yet, traded to the Chiefs.

And again...you whiff. It is a shame all our old stuff is gone...because otherwise I would tell you to go back and look at my posts. I HATE ND. I was AGAINST drafting BQ. I was AGAINST putting him in all of 2007. I was AGAINST putting him in until the second half of the season and DA had proven he couldn't get this team going...and it was apparent he was NOT the answer.

So, if that is gay love....I confess.

However, when a guy is failing miserably and you continue to back him despite over an entire seasons worth of below average play confirms that he is failing miserably and that guy just happens to come from your home town...well...THAT IS COMPLETE HOMERISM...and you have no place to call anyone anything.

Buck up smiley, he may go to Seattle...so it would be in your own time zone and you can drool over him more often.

He is far from alone, at least give him credit for having the "sack" to say it. Perhaps trying to motivate the Front office to make better thought out moves. Hes a potentially geat player... surrounded by a totally dysfunctional organization. Yes he needs to step up and make the plays...but his biggest issue is LOSING. It makes you say things you might normally choke down. I would take him in Pittsburgh.

You really have no idea wtf you are talking about....but that doesn't surprise me. Edwards will never be great.....he is personally responsible, in my opinion, for the way our season went. He is paid to catch the ball....just as he stated in this interview...not touch it.....not almost catch it...not catch it while stepping out of bounds. He is an immature punk, who contributed heavily to the losing. I will guarantee, that if a decent HC comes in here, Edwards will catch the ball or be gone. Euther way will make me happy.

Its almost getting boring watching Lum get his own crap thrown back at him; post after post.

He used to have a point every now and then. Recently, he's been reduced to the board douche bag. Its pathetic, but fun to watch.

On a related note, we may have to endure him for a long time. Willard Scott recognized a centinarian today from Corvallis and she was 110!! Unreal.

Guest 88fingerslewy

You guys think Lum's really some DA fan from Oregon? I have some serious doubts about that.

Who else is a relentless DA supporter here?

Who else can't stand BQ?

Lumburgh is someone already here under a different name.

Just a hunch but a DA fan from Oregon would have been long gone by now unless they were already a regular here.

If I'm wrong, then Lumburgh is one long-distance homo for the blind infatuation he has for this guy.

He's either just a love-sick puppy or Stan is frickin brilliant to keep this up for so long. I like the guy, he was a huge help for me and the lady getting to some home games this year.. that said. He's not lumbergh. :P

I live in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Graduated from Oregon State University and I support DA and I am still here.

With that said.

I would not trade BE, blowing everything up right now would only get you less in return than what you have. BE showed last year that he can be great. And yes he and K2 were great with DA throwing the ball.

BE dropped balls last year also, they just did not have the effect that the balls have had this year. Last year the team was winning and the offense was rolling so people did not notice the drops as much. As a matter of fact I think there was some post by lum about drops and the effect on completion percentage. If I recall I think that the Browns had like 2 or 3 people in the top 7 in drops last year. But the receivers that topped the list (along with BE) were the top receivers in football.

This year BE's drops have effected the team more because they were in more critical times and the team is not winning. The Drop against the Cowboys caused a major turn in momentum as well as the one in the second game against the Ravens. I know there were also many in situations that would have kept drives alive. But, K2 drops the ball also and they both dropped the ball last year. But, the main reason people are bitching is because the offense sucks and the team is losing.

The Browns need to keep BE, Stallworth and K2. Start BQ and give them all preseason with a new coaching staff and see where it leads. The wonderful thing for the Organization is that if they start BQ the fan base will give them a few more years to grow. The fans will be more forgiving if BQ is the QB. Get some depth for the OL and a few free agents and the offense still has allot of potential. Use the Draft and free agency to get some defensive help.

As an organization you can not panic. Don't blow the team up. Trade DA for a 3rd rounder. Fire the coaching staff. Sign some free agents and prepair for the draft. The Browns still have 3 very good receivers that pretty much all had bad years. If you trade one of the three it would have to be K2, because you have people that can replace him. There is nobody that you have or could get in a trade that could replace BE. And I think you have to give stallworth one more year if it is not too big a cap hit.

Braylon's gone off the deep end:

"I'm not Paul Warfield, Webster Slaughter or Jim Brown. I've given my all to this city for four years, and I realize it will never be enough. I went to the Pro Bowl last year and resurrected this team from the darkness, and nobody cared."

"People in this town believe they are entitled to too much. They have been disrespectful to me and my family. I've gone out in public with my family and have had to deal with being called foul names. My parents have been called vulgar things at restaurants."

"My biggest problem is that I actually give a damn. I'm always rushing back from surgeries and injuries, never missing games or practices. But through this, I've learned how to overcome adversity. I'm also proud of how my foundation has taken off. I’ve been doing all this community service in Cleveland … my charity efforts will only be in Detroit from now on."

Obviously he is really sensitive to what the masses say. That is not a good trait to have as a famous person.

He is upset with how fans treat him. But, the reality is that it all gets cured with winning. The fans and media will all tell him how great he is and he will be happy.

My point is that if you trade him you will not get value for him. You could trade him straight up for burress I guess. Trade your problem for theirs. Other than that the chances that you will get anywhere near equal value are about the same chances that DA will start for the Browns next year.

Hope that he gets thicker skin and that the fans forgive him for being a fat head. Don't blow the team up. Get new coaches and fix a few spots with FA's and draft picks. Could get some real great LBs from USC in rounds 1 and 2.

I think with a new coaching staff and a few key additions and the Browns could make a playoff run. I know the schedule is not easy next year either but it is not as brutal as this year. I could see 9 or 10 wins next year with the right coaching staff and a few additions.

PTI just had the Braylon topic on.

Both agree BE has no beef.

Kornheiser saying "he looks good, he speaks well, he likes the media, he had great stats and went to the ProBowl last year, BUT he's dropped a million passes this year. Does he expect to be rewarded for it?!"

Come on man!!

p1_keyshawn.jpg

I like BE but I have to say with this crap coming out, I have lost a ton of respect for him. I thought he was a classy guy that just wanted to win so I was willing to chalk this season up to being a bad year on a bad team. His sense of entitlement is insane crazy. What does he exactly think he has done that we should bow down to him and be thanking god that he is a Brown? The guy had one good year on this team and we didnt make the playoffs. He has had a horrible year this year, of course he is going to hear flack about it. Ya, maybe some fans take it to far, I hate the booing of our players at home games, shows no class to me, but these guys get paid millions of dollars. They should be able to deal with it. Not whine and cry and think we owe them something.

I do not want to trade or get rid of one of our few top players but I also dont want him being the bad apple next year that spoils the lot. I just hope we get a coach in here that can get these players heads on straight.

BE shut up and play football.

I could give two-shits about Edwards ... he's a one year wonder. He's our best receiver, but we suck (insert golf clap).

I think what Shitnears is trying to say is that he would rather have Hines Ward....and I agree with him. Braylon Edwards has all the skill in the world with no heart - the antithesis of Hines Ward.

I don't know....he is being whiny...but to be honest...I can't say I wouldn't be doing any different.

Put it in perspective:

Your company is tanking...their are talks about layoffs...you WERE on of the leaders in the company, but now you are having your worst year in the job. That alone sucks.

Now, imagine every time you go out in public somebody REMINDS you how much you suck...call you every name in the book...and then go after your parents/family as well. And then...a bunch of reporters keep shoving mics in your face asking you how you feel.

I know these guys are payed a TON of money...but that kind of shit wears on anybody. Sure, he should suck it up...but let's face it....if we were in that position there is a better than 50/50 chance we not only say the types of things HE is saying...but start dropping f-bombs on the a-hole reporters who won't leave us alone.

Is it any wonder none of the Browns 'top players' haven't gotten into a scuffle with some drunk/ignorant fan that doesn't know when enough is enough?

Like I said, I am not saying he is RIGHT for making these comments. He should KNOW they are going to be blown out of proportion....

BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE HE IS COMING FROM.

Dude no offense but get it through your head right now, Bill Cowher is NEVER coming to Cleveland!!!! Its wishful thinking and a dream that wont ever come true. Schottenheimer said it was unlikely for him to come back. Thats a no as well. So basically the Browns are screwed for a long time. Just get it through your brain that Cowher will never be our head coach. Thanks!

So basically the Browns are screwed for a long time.

What a pessimistic LOSER!

No Cowher, No Marty - so roll up in a ball and die? I thought people from Cleveland had some more balls than this - How about finding a young no name coach - Mike Tomlin or the guy in Atlanta, or even Cowher when he was hired - the next Browns coach is a guy whose name you dont know pal - write that down - if they are smart.

• 4 years later...

Archived