THE BROWNS BOARD

Jake Delhomme doing well

TheClevelandSound

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/...mangini_41.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme moved better on his sprained right ankle in practice today, but coach Eric Mangini will wait until Saturday night to decide on his status for the Bengals game.

And you can bet he'll keep the Bengals guessing until game time.

Delhomme, who limped noticeably Thursday, still favored the ankle on rollouts and dropbacks in the 30 minutes of practice today open to the media, but looked significantly better.

"It's really how he does today and how he responds tomorrow,'' said Mangini. "We've got another 24 hours between Saturday and Sunday. It's only day 2 actually working on field.''

He said it's still possible for Delhomme to be the No. 1, No. 2 or No. 3 quarterback depending on how the next day goes. " I don't know what the combination will be,'' he said.

Speaking before Friday's practice, Mangini said Delhomme responded well to Wednesday's initial test of the ankle in practice.

“I thought Jake had a pretty good first day back, was moving around pretty well, considering,” Mangini said. “Now it’s a function of seeing how he does today and how he responds tomorrow.”

As for Delhomme's limping, Mangini said, "It's going to look a little different as time goes on. It will get better and better.''

• In other Browns news, right tackle John St. Clair (ankle) will sit out again today and most likely be replaced by Tony Pashos.

• The three injured defensive linemen returned to practice today: Robaire Smith, Shaun Rogers and Kenyon Coleman.

• Linebacker Jason Trusnik suffered a concussion during the Ravens game. His status for the game is uncertain.

I think they really need to go with Seneca for another game, maybe bring in Jake as a backup if needed and he's not limping.

My guess is seneca will start again, the real question is rather he will occasionally try to strike downfield to at least draw some pressure off of hillis?

With jake in he isnt afraid to try and hit those tight seams and high accuracy threading the needle passes to our sluggy WRs, wallace seems to hesitate to long on the medium and deep ball and the coverage often quickly closes in usually forcing him to dump it off..he often looks quinnish when he reads downfield...

Archived