THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis making an impression

TheClevelandSound

Hello Browns Fans, I just want to give you a heads up. This guy, Curious, also known as Papa-pwn, member of the offical Broncos message boards, wrote the following crap about Hillis:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread...405#post3073405

So, that's the kind of troll you're dealing with. It's just funny to see his work of art. He made a sig bet defending that Hillis would be gone from the NFL after leaving Denver, lost the bet (obviously) and ran away from the boards. Now he is a joke around there. Yep, he is not man enough.

Good luck Browns, I will keep rooting for Hillis!

You shouldn't assume things man. I'm not papa-pwn on the Broncos message boards. Good try though.

Yep, I remember him and wore #30. Hillis wears #40 ... there's something about a running back wearing 30 or 40 that works for a white guy. I think it is a "slow" number, like a fullback or something, so the defenders see this white guy wearing 40 and they think he'll be easy to catch ... then he runs them over like a train.

Zombo

I forget who it was, but when I saw Hillis knock a Ravens LB backwards a few weeks ago I took notice. This guy reminds me of a John Riggins type of RB (I followed the Redskins after the Colts left Baltimore, what can I say?). If Riggins was called Diesel, then Hillis must be a snow plow*.

*I was going to say steam roller, but thought someone may take offense thinking it was a Cleveland Steamer reference.

Regardless, I would say its safe to say you don't know jack shit about football.

Ah. Because I don't like a player I don't know anything about football. All I see when I watch Hillis play is him screwing up all of his opportunities last year in Denver. The fact that he's one of the best players on your sorry team is just hilarious.

BTW, your avatar is the one I'm using for my fantasy team.

Ah. Because I don't like a player I don't know anything about football. All I see when I watch Hillis play is him screwing up all of his opportunities last year in Denver. The fact that he's one of the best players on your sorry team is just hilarious.

Just watch the Browns game tomorrow. It will be enough to change your mind.

hey Bicurious thats exactly what it means if you can't tell that he's a good player, theres most likely a lot more you have no clue about.

wtf are you here for anyhow?

hey Bicurious thats exactly what it means if you can't tell that he's a good player, theres most likely a lot more you have no clue about.

wtf are you here for anyhow?

If you had watched him last year you'd be wary to anoint him king too.

I came here in the preseason to actually ask Cleveland fans how Hillis was doing because he showed promise his rookie year but screwed it up last year. No one knew who he was except for a couple guys who attacked me for whatever reason.

• 1 month later...

I wonder where is this guy... :lol:

Well, Hillis is deserving, no doubt.

But I'll tell you who's more deserving on this team: Lawrence Vickers. If this guy doesn't make it as the AFC fullback, there should be a full-scale investigation. This guy just kills people up front. He did it last year for Harrison and he's doing it this year for Hillis. He showed it again yesterday when he just blew up Jon Beason on Hillis's first TD run.

I would love to see both of these guys in there in the same time while Roethlisberger hands off to them at the Pro Bowl (which means, of course, that the Steelers won't make it to Dallas -- see what I did there?).

ATT 13

Yds 54

Avg 4.2

Td 1

FUM 1

Your so right, He was given so many opportunites :lol:

Just imagine what he could have done if they didn't split time with Harrison early in the season. I can't wait to see what the guy will do next year.

How much is he getting paid and how long is his contract for?

His contract is up next year and he is getting paid league minimum right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some extra money for next year, at least in performance bonus', but he won't get a contract/pay raise until they can see what role Hardesty is going to play into the offense.

His contract is up next year and he is getting paid league minimum right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some extra money for next year, at least in performance bonus', but he won't get a contract/pay raise until they can see what role Hardesty is going to play into the offense.

This guy owns Cleveland right now. You've GOT to give him a fat starter's contract, he's earning it.

Hardesty is locked into his rookie contract for awhile, let's keep them both locked up/

Zombo

If Hardesty is all he looked to be, and the Browns do a little tinkering on the right side, this team could be downright scary on the ground, which is great news for Colt McCoy. Add in A.J. Green to Watson, Moore, and Massoquoi, and it's an extremely versatile offense that can win games in different ways.

The ability to gain 4 yards or more on first down changes everything.

^HAHA^ that made me laugh.

I think we need a scat back type player in next years draft. Not overly early, 4th maybe 5th round to kind of give a change of pace. Hardesty and Hillis are pretty similar. Hardesty may be a little bit more lightening than Hillis but not overly.

Really all I think we need is a dominant RG or RT. The right side when we had Yates and Womack looked good, then Yates got hurt and so did Womack so we went back to St Claire who is just awful. Pashos should be a solid backup if ever healty, and if he is even here next year (I kinda doubt it though I think him and St Claire will both get the axe).

Next year we will have Yates, Womack, and Lauvao at RG, and Womack can swing to RT in case of injury. I think really what we need is a RT actually.

I am thinking next years draft should look like

WR - Green or Jones

RT/DE(Note the DE probably played DT in college) - IDK really who is all there

RT/DE - Same^

RB - Scat back type player. Question: Where is Noel Devine projected to go? maybe we can wait on him.

^HAHA^ that made me laugh.

I think we need a scat back type player in next years draft. Not overly early, 4th maybe 5th round to kind of give a change of pace. Hardesty and Hillis are pretty similar. Hardesty may be a little bit more lightening than Hillis but not overly.

Really all I think we need is a dominant RG or RT. The right side when we had Yates and Womack looked good, then Yates got hurt and so did Womack so we went back to St Claire who is just awful. Pashos should be a solid backup if ever healty, and if he is even here next year (I kinda doubt it though I think him and St Claire will both get the axe).

Next year we will have Yates, Womack, and Lauvao at RG, and Womack can swing to RT in case of injury. I think really what we need is a RT actually.

I am thinking next years draft should look like

WR - Green or Jones

RT/DE(Note the DE probably played DT in college) - IDK really who is all there

RT/DE - Same^

RB - Scat back type player. Question: Where is Noel Devine projected to go? maybe we can wait on him.

I think Womack is a great offensive lineman and is what Holgrem and Mangini called a rare late bloomer. Even though he is older, he is playing the best football of his life and he does great at both guard and tackle. I'm not going to give up on Lauvao yet. He is a young guy and not everyone comes in and does lights out his first season. We can't all be Joe Thomas' and Alex Mack's.

Archived