THE BROWNS BOARD

ERIC WRIGHT...

jbluhm86

We need to fix this ASAP.... our CBs were supposed to be our strong point. .... =/

What didn't you like? Mangini said they were rotating coverage to Stinko all day. That left BO singled up. You want to bust Brown for pretty decent coverage when Ryan calls an all-out blitz, leaving him singled on Owens, and Palmer lucks out and throws a perfect pass?

Wright had an OK game, we won, so leave it at that.

It appeared to me by the end of the game that we were rotating coverage with Wright to either give him help or to take him off who he was initially covering to try and confuse Palmer.

Wright still doesn't look good. Haden played well...Brown is definitely a player..unfortunate that he fell on that play but shit happens.

It appeared to me by the end of the game that we were rotating coverage with Wright to either give him help or to take him off who he was initially covering to try and confuse Palmer.

Wright still doesn't look good. Haden played well...Brown is definitely a player..unfortunate that he fell on that play but shit happens.

WHAT?!?!?! A HALFTIME ADJUSTMENT?!?! NO!

whatever the case was or who wright was guarding, he was just absolutely getting ABUSED by carson all day. It became extremely obvious to me by the end of the 3rd quarter that Carson was reading the defense and specifically looking for Eric in coverage. Something has to be done to fix that or we are for serious problems on defense. I thought the rest of the D played fantastic, save the fact our blitzes RARELY got to the QB which left us really exposed in coverage. As much as Ryan loves those blitzes, if Eric is going to stay in there some major adjustments are going to have to be made or we're going to see similar results week after week

Yes, it appeared that we were bringing Adams up to the line to cover Wrights man in the slot, at times we left Adams there and he played corner while Wright played safety. Other times they both switched places just prior to the snap to confuse Palmer and Wright went back in lining up over the WR and playing corner. He also got burned again in thoses cases and never did I see Adams get burned in his few times coming up to cover the guy in the slot.

Wright appears to get up after getting burned and starts yelling at someone/anyone, as if he was to have help deep and that is why he is trailing his guy all the time and playing in front of them. On many occasions this can't be true as we have our safeties up on the lin playing the run or threatening to blitze. Mangini hinted that Wright was the casuality of not getting help when he was supposed to, but I think some of it is the Browns coaches and personnel making excuses for Wright, who is getting flat out juked out of his jock strap on many plays by a single simple move.

He sucks, it is time to go with Haden and Sheldon as the starting pair at corner. I would even bring in Adams in the nickle package and give Wright some weeks off.

I noticed that yesterday as well...after every single play when he gives up a catch he's complaining to the refs about something or yelling at someone else on the defense. He really needs to just shut up and play.

It was nice to see that we at least made an attempt at an adjustment to help him out, first time all year I've seen us try something different. We might have beat Baltimore had we tried some adjustments in the 2nd half with Wright.

Archived