THE BROWNS BOARD

To All Falcons Fans

TheClevelandSound

Correct me if I am wrong (some of you will) but we have one of the best winning percentages in the NFL against the Falcons franchise. In fact, I think we have only lost to the Falcons once or twice in our entire history. This statistic doesn't mean much on gameday, but it's still pretty cool. Can someone clear this up for me?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct me if I am wrong (some of you will) but we have one of the best winning percentages in the NFL against the Falcons franchise. In fact, I think we have only lost to the Falcons once or twice in our entire history. This statistic doesn't mean much on gameday, but it's still pretty cool. Can someone clear this up for me?

I show that we are 10-2 against the Falcons.

We are not their biggest hurdle though, they are 2-12 against the Steelers lifetime and 1-13 verse the Colts.

SOURCE: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/#headtohead

I show that we are 10-2 against the Falcons.

We are not their biggest hurdle though, they are 2-12 against the Steelers lifetime and 1-13 verse the Colts.

SOURCE: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/#headtohead

Wow they just don't fair well against the AFC North. The two most recent games I remember is a win in 2006 in one of Michael Vicks last games at home as a Falcon and of couse the "RUN WILLIAM RUN" game in 2002. Should be a good one.

I remember the game against Vick.

The falcons were in the two min. drill at the end and Vick tried to run and someone knocked him silly. He was so out of it he lined up behind the left guard to take the next snap.... then after the game some people in the stands were giving him crap and he flicked off his own fans....

Then he went to jail...

I remember the game against Vick.

The falcons were in the two min. drill at the end and Vick tried to run and someone knocked him silly. He was so out of it he lined up behind the left guard to take the next snap.... then after the game some people in the stands were giving him crap and he flicked off his own fans....

Then he went to jail...

Then he came back and was a beast for the Eagles when stupid teams like us didn't even try to get him....

Then he came back and was a beast for the Eagles when stupid teams like us didn't even try to get him....

The Vick experiment seemed to be working for the Eagles (although I don't think he should be the starter) but the Browns usually have enough problems and didn't need to get involved with that one. Plus the whole "dog" thing would have got old real fast.

The Vick experiment seemed to be working for the Eagles (although I don't think he should be the starter) but the Browns usually have enough problems and didn't need to get involved with that one. Plus the whole "dog" thing would have got old real fast.

People deserve a second chance. All he did was dogfighting, I'm not at all saying thats right. But it's not like he forgot how to play football. He's still the same Vick and aside from that mistake he's not a problematic player in the locker room, like TO, Larry Johnson, Big Ben, Braylon, or Winslow. Jamal Lewis was in jail? we still had him...Payton Manning got in trouble for flashing a girl in college are you saying you wouldn't want him?

People deserve a second chance. All he did was dogfighting, I'm not at all saying thats right. But it's not like he forgot how to play football. He's still the same Vick and aside from that mistake he's not a problematic player in the locker room, like TO, Larry Johnson, Big Ben, Braylon, or Winslow. Jamal Lewis was in jail? we still had him...Payton Manning got in trouble for flashing a girl in college are you saying you wouldn't want him?

Yah he deserves a 2nd chance and he got one. I just don't think the Browns needed to be the ones to give it to him.

Cleveland is averaging only 17 points a game.

Not only that, Atlanta is only giving up 15 points a game. (13 if you take away the special teams TD we gave away yesterday). Even still.. You guys are suddenly going to score 10 points above your average?

You are right about the 24 points for ATL. But that should be even for us to win this game.

Not only that, Atlanta is only giving up 15 points a game. (13 if you take away the special teams TD we gave away yesterday). Even still.. You guys are suddenly going to score 10 points above your average?

You are right about the 24 points for ATL. But that should be even for us to win this game.

OK, you want statistics? The Browns are only giving up an average of 20.25 pts. per game. OH, and if you don't count the 17 points given up by the offense on turnovers the Browns have only averaged giving up 15 ppg. The most they have surrendered has been 24. How do you figure that the Falcons are going to go where the Bucs/Chiefs/Ravens/and Bengals haven't gone in terms of scoring. And remember, the Browns have done what they have done offensively with the starting QB essentially on the bench for all but one-half this entire season.

OK, you want statistics? The Browns are only giving up an average of 20.25 pts. per game. OH, and if you don't count the 17 points given up by the offense on turnovers the Browns have only averaged giving up 15 ppg. The most they have surrendered has been 24. How do you figure that the Falcons are going to go where the Bucs/Chiefs/Ravens/and Bengals haven't gone in terms of scoring. And remember, the Browns have done what they have done offensively with the starting QB essentially on the bench for all but one-half this entire season.

We are a better offense than the 4 teams you just mentioned.

Its early, if you look at how many points we've scored in each game from the first one to the last one its gone up almost every week. Week 1 we scored 14, wk. 2 14, wk. 3 17 and week 4 23.

And this week Jake will more than likely be back, and he'll have alot of opportunity's to make plays in the passing game when your defense is trying to stop Peyton Hillis. He put up over 100yds in each of the last two games against too of the best defenses in the league.

We are a better offense than the 4 teams you just mentioned.

Better than the Ravens with Flacco, Boldin, Houshmanzadeh, Rice, Heap etc.?

Better than the Bangles with Palmer, T.O. Ocho, Benson, Gresham etc.?

How do you figure? You are at best even with Ryan, White, Turner, and Gonzales.

Oh Here we go Now we have to Deal with These Dirty South Mudehns,Ratbirds whatver they call themselves lol All you need to know Bird Fand #40 Hillis will run over and through your Defense Like Nothing BROWNS WILL WIN AGAIN Cya on sunday....

GO BROWNIES We had a Great time in the Chatroom Yesterday thanx evryone

Browns will crush the falcons..

We are a wr aaway from being a really good team.

I love scott fujita quote about winning one game, just garentees we won't got 0 and 16.. the guy is a stud.. we are on the brink of something special

Here is why what you're saying is wrong...

Falcons

sss.png

Browns

browns.png

I'm not going to sit here and say that this is going to be an easy game for the falcons, but were going to go to 4-1 after this week.

Falcons

sss.png

Browns

browns.png

I'm not going to sit here and say that this is going to be an easy game for the falcons, but were going to go to 4-1 after this week.

you just proved that those stats are quite even.. your defense has averaged about 10 less pass and rush yards per game than us.. So that gives you a much better defense?! thats enough for one 1st down..

Falcons

sss.png

Browns

browns.png

Well, that is all nice on paper, but the games are not played on paper. With all of what you have here the one stat that doesn't show is turnover ratio. The Browns are 1-3 rather than 3-1 almost purely as a result of turnovers.

I suspect the Falcons are on the plus side of the turnover figure, fair to say? You won a game Sunday because a 49er couldn't hold on to the ball when doing so would have won the game. It is likely that this week will be very much like last week for you. Low scoring, defensive game decided by the TO factor.

Well, that is all nice on paper, but the games are not played on paper. With all of what you have here the one stat that doesn't show is turnover ratio. The Browns are 1-3 rather than 3-1 almost purely as a result of turnovers.

I suspect the Falcons are on the plus side of the turnover figure, fair to say? You won a game Sunday because a 49er couldn't hold on to the ball when doing so would have won the game. It is likely that this week will be very much like last week for you. Low scoring, defensive game decided by the TO factor

Sweet!! Like I said.. we'll go to 4-1 per your words. This week will be very much like last week for us. That would equate to a win.

Sweet!! Like I said.. we'll go to 4-1 per your words. This week will be very much like last week for us. That would equate to a win.

Yes, IF you win the turnover battle, I would expect the Falcons to win. However, it is not inexorable that you are going to accomplish that. I believe the Browns won that battle this past week and it was instrumental in their victory. After a few games the Falcons are one of the tops in the league where the Browns are break even. Here are the stats. I believe you only need to look at the first number in the column to see the per game TO average:

1 NY Jets (3-1) +2.0 +2.0 +2.0 +2.5 +1.5 +0.2

2 Pittsburgh (3-1) +1.8 +2.3 +1.0 +0.5 +3.0 -0.2

3 Tampa Bay (2-1) +1.3 +1.3 0.0 +0.5 +3.0 -0.3

4 Atlanta (3-1) +1.2 +1.7 +1.0 +1.5 +1.0 +0.2

5 New England (3-1) +1.0 +0.7 +4.0 +1.5 +0.5 +0.2

6 Philadelphia (2-2) +0.8 +0.7 -1.0 0.0 +1.5 +0.7

6 Cincinnati (2-2) +0.8 +1.7 -1.0 +4.0 -0.3 -0.1

6 Chicago (3-1) +0.8 +1.3 0.0 0.0 +1.5 -0.4

6 Washington (2-2) +0.8 +0.7 +1.0 +1.0 +0.5 -0.7

10 New Orleans (3-1) +0.5 +0.3 -1.0 -0.7 +4.0 +0.9

10 St Louis (2-2) +0.5 +0.7 +1.0 +0.3 +1.0 -0.8

10 Indianapolis (2-2) +0.5 +0.7 -2.0 +2.0 0.0 +0.2

13 Kansas City (3-0) +0.3 +0.3 0.0 +0.5 0.0 +0.1

14 Denver (2-2) +0.2 +1.0 +1.0 +1.0 -0.5 +0.4

14 San Diego (2-2) +0.2 +0.7 +2.0 +2.5 -2.0 +0.4

16 Detroit (0-4) 0.0 -0.3 +1.0 -2.0 +0.7 -1.1

16 Cleveland (1-3) 0.0 +0.3 +1.0 +0.5 -0.5 -0.8

16 Jacksonville (2-2) 0.0 -0.7 +2.0 +1.0 -3.0 +0.1

(by the way, Baltimore is last in the league with a -1.8 TO avg. Most of that stemming from Flacco's 4 int. game)

Falcons

sss.png

Browns

browns.png

Your offense average's .2 yards more a pass play than us, and our's average's .2 yards more a run play than you. Your defense gives up 4.6 yards per rush play compared to our 3.8 yards per play.

More attempt's make's you higher up on the stat sheet but if you look at quality per attempt, were with you......if not better.

I don't plan on us coming up there and beating you guys down. I expect this to be a good game that will be close to the final seconds.

BEATDOWN You have lost your Mind thats what all the Southern Heat does to you LOL We are going to Blitz the shit out of your offense you will abonden the Run game you do have Unless we Injure Both your soft RB Hillis alone will wear down that Dirtsouth stinking Bird defense BEAT THIS DOWN .......

Archived