THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Offensive weapons Break-out game

ATENEARS

We are due ... the passing game needs to raise it's ugly head and I think I found the spark. You know how players play better in front of their home towns or if Mom attends the game? This week, we have Browns RB James Davis who is an Atlanta native where he attended Frederick Douglass High School and will be looking for the opportunity to impress friends and family back hom. Browns WR Chansi Stuckey is from Warner Robins Georgia and attended Northside High School. Both Browns WR Mohamed Massaquoi and TE Benjamin Watson attended the University of Georgia and will be looking to impress upon their old fans. And last but not least, Terry Robiskie, the father of Brian Robiskie, is theFalcons Wide Receivers Coach and on the opposing sideline getting a firsthand look at his son.

What? You want more? Here are others on a high-note while facing the Falcons:

In 12 career starts against Atlanta, quarterback Jake Delhomme is 220 of 358 passing for 2,683 yards with 16 touchdowns, eight interceptions and a 90.1 passer rating. He has three career 300-yard performances against the Falcons, including a high of 340 yards on December 12, 2004.

During quarterback Seneca Wallace’s lone career start against Atlanta, he went 17 of 22 passing for 206 yards with two touchdowns, one interception and a 116.9 passer rating.

Running back Peyton Hillis recorded a career-high two rushing touchdowns in his only career game against the Falcons on November 16, 2008, as a member of the Denver Broncos. He recorded 10 carries for 44 yards and three receptions for 26 yards.

In two career games against the Falcons, tight end Benjamin Watson has two receptions for 56 yards with one touchdown. He hauled in a 33-yard score on October 9, 2005, as a member of the New England Patriots.

In three career games against Atlanta, defensive lineman Shaun Rogers has registered two sacks and one forced fumble.

Linebacker Scott Fujita has a 6-1 career record against Atlanta. He has recorded two sacks and forced two fumbles against the Falcons.

Defensive back Sheldon Brown returned an interception 83 yards for a touchdown at Atlanta last season on December 6, as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

In two career games against the Falcons, kicker Phil Dawson is 2 of 2 on fi eld goal attempts and 5 of 5 on PAT attempts.

Let's kick some ass Sunday!

Atenears, I will say that all of that is great but we all know that Jake isn't the same Jake, etc.

You did point out something positive though. We do have guys on this team that have some familiarity with playing the Falcons. Fujita, Delhomme, Sheldon Brown. That's going to serve us well, I hope.

I think that if the Browns are to beat Atlanta this year, there is no better time than now. The Falcons defense really was porous on Sunday and Alex Smith simply couldn't hit anybody that was open. The time is now.

Edit: PS- Look at the four games the Falcons have played. Except for Drew Brees, they've faced Dennis Dixon, Derek Anderson and Alex Smith. That isn't to say that our QB play is stellar but they've played against some downright unproven/awful QBs.

Archived