THE BROWNS BOARD

How much more?

stang6626

:(

How much more bungling do we have to endure? I can see why delhomme was released. No imagination on offense, Eric wright is a joke, and when you watch Delhomme on the sidelines he seems disinterested. He's not rooting , he;s just kind of there. I want a quaterback who wants to win, and cheers his teammates. Time to give the money back Jake and get out. Take eric Wright with you.

it must be great to route for a team that is consistently a contender instead of being a browns fan. I love the browns but I am starting to believe we are cursed

I think the curse started when Art Modell fired Paul Brown back in 1963.

We are loooooong overdue to turn this thing around. I thought we could approach .500 this year, things would be rosier, then have the owners lock out the players for 2011. Sadly, now it looks like we may have another top 5 draft pick to fret about, THEN get locked out, stunting that pick's develpoment.

I think the curse started when Art Modell fired Paul Brown back in 1963.

We are loooooong overdue to turn this thing around. I thought we could approach .500 this year, things would be rosier, then have the owners lock out the players for 2011. Sadly, now it looks like we may have another top 5 draft pick to fret about, THEN get locked out, stunting that pick's develpoment.

I'm glad the NFL's locking out, so that the Browns can't lose anymore.

Then stop watching....same as I told your little brother dawgpound16 in the tavern today......

Go root for someone else...

But don't you see that it is insanity that keeps repeating itself. Browns will fire mangini, and the team will start back to square f-ing one.

I don't think Mangini gets fired...the team is playing hard and we're not that far off from being good.

And once again...if you don't like it..go root for someone else...

I like the defense, but I absolutely despise the offense. It's so f***** frustrating. Some teams are able to move it well, and others aren't able to do it as well, but this shit is getting ridiculious. Think about it, the offense struggled last season too and I wonder why....

I like the defense, but I absolutely despise the offense. It's so f***** frustrating. Some teams are able to move it well, and others aren't able to do it as well, but this shit is getting ridiculious. Think about it, the offense struggled last season too and I wonder why....

I can answer that for you....no elite players in the WR position, when you have just 1 player that demands a double team your whole Offense opens up.

I look at my other favorite team, Minnesota Vikings, and how they built their team up. They built their team through the draft, but they took some shots to make their team better by adding Jared Allen, and now getting Randy Moss, and a HOF QB in Brett Favre. I sometimes wonder if the Browns was more active in trading and free agency, their record probably be better...

Browns are learning ... they lay and wait ...

The Browns are learning.. but slowly. Next year, they need to land a stud WR like Vincent Jackson and a good runningback to pair up with Hillis and a QB in the draft. But it sure looks like the Browns may not be playing next year, as there will be a lockout.

The Browns are learning.. but slowly. Next year, they need to land a stud WR like Vincent Jackson and a good runningback to pair up with Hillis and a QB in the draft. But it sure looks like the Browns may not be playing next year, as there will be a lockout.

A.J. Green in the 1st round if Luck doesn't fall, I think we draft a mid to late round HB if Hardesty doesn't have a set back (I think Hardesty and Hillis will be a beastly combo) and of course we will be taking Luck if he falls to us or we get a decent trade to move up, but I see us picking up a late round QB.

:(

How much more bungling do we have to endure? I can see why delhomme was released. No imagination on offense, Eric wright is a joke, and when you watch Delhomme on the sidelines he seems disinterested. He's not rooting , he;s just kind of there. I want a quaterback who wants to win, and cheers his teammates. Time to give the money back Jake and get out. Take eric Wright with you.

OK, I'll let you rag on Delhomme- he looked like Bubby Brister out there. But at least today, leave Eric Wright out of the conversation- he had a pretty darn good game. Mad that he couldn't cold-cock Turner in the open field? He did what 98% of the other corners in the NFL would have been able to do- slow the guy up until help arrived.

You want another rag? How 'bout Jerome Harrison's six carries for six yards, with a long of two? Nice way to spell a beat up Hillis.

Joe Thomas had a real bad game today, if you were paying attention.

Give another set of goat horns to Daboll for running out the clock at the half sitting on a one point lead. Hail Mary not in the playbook?

It's getting frustrating for sure- but we're Browns fans. There's next Sunday- or next year. And I feel your pain- this old geezer is running out of years fast.

Like the 17-year locust.

Regards...

... an'at

Actually Chuck, it's the 46 year locust and counting. If you're not nearing retirement age, you're too young to remember the last time the Browns won it all. Lions and Browns- the last of the old line teams never to make the Big Dance- who's gonna get there first?

Well, it's been a crazy year so far-how 'bout them Cowboys, Bengals, Chargers, Saints? But at 1-4 I don't exactly like the Browns chances.

Actually Chuck, it's the 46 year locust and counting. If you're not nearing retirement age, you're too young to remember the last time the Browns won it all. Lions and Browns- the last of the old line teams never to make the Big Dance- who's gonna get there first?

Well, it's been a crazy year so far-how 'bout them Cowboys, Bengals, Chargers, Saints? But at 1-4 I don't exactly like the Browns chances.

Ok, now I feel like a dick. Thanks for the buzzkill dude, nothing like a little existential angst to kill a trolls momentum.

I hope the stains win next week - just to piss you off.

Hang in there man.

Regards

... an'at

Well, in all reality, 1-4 is about what most people would have anticipated out of the Browns at this point. 2-3 would have been considered above pace. Those other teams you mention are the ones pulling their hair out. They were all supposed to be division/Super Bowl contenders. It is still early, and they may yet get there, but right now, none of them look any better than the Browns.

On the other hand, Kansas City, Tampa, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta are all above their heads supposedly.

And think of how the Browns schedule really got "tougher" than was anticipated:

They have played the 3-1 Bucs, the 3-1 Chiefs, the 4-1 Falcons, the 4-1 Ravens, and coming up are the 3-1 Steelers. the only "mediocre" team on their schedule so far have been the Bengals at 2-3. And, the Browns gave every one of those 1 loss teams a scuffle....having leads in the 4th quarter against each one.

Archived