THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Notes vs. Atlanta

TheClevelandSound

Here is what I observed from the game. I was actually at this one so I will have an even better analysis.

POSITIVES:

-Our defense looked like one of the best in the league. To hold the now 4-1 Atlanta Falcons to 13 points is amazing. Turner didn't beat us up as bas as I expected. Turnovers and sacks were prevalent. Props to all of them!

-Play calling wasn't AS BAD as normal. I like getting more WildDawg in there and Cribbs actually throwing a pass. That needs to happen more often.

-Phil Dawson...congrats to him tying the franchise record for field goals made! Truly an amazing accomplishment.

-Our field goal blocking unit has gotta be the #1 in the league. 2 blocked in 2 games. With more to come I am sure.

-Offensive line played great. Seneca Wallace didn't need to move out of the pocket much at all.

-Speaking of, Wallace played phenomenal and anyone can see that he is the better choice than Delhomme, whether injured or healthy.

-Even if Peyton Hillis has an off day on the ground, he makes up for it. Amazing catch for a TD. And hurdling a player at the beginning of the game...wow. It was nuts.

-Eric Wright looks like he is back to his old self all over the field and not giving up much. Glad to see him where he belongs.

-The QB's did a much better job of spreading the ball around to all the receivers.

NEGATIVES:

-Jerome Harrison looks like a 12 year veteran who lost all of his mojo. No burst or anything that we saw last year. I am glad we have depth at RB.

-The defensive line is SLOW. Yes, we got more pressure today but we could have sacked the QB alot more than we did and that across the field pass by Matt Ryan just as he was about to get sacked is unacceptable.

-Joe Haden looked like Abe Elam today. In other words, he couldn't tackle. But it was an off day.

-Sheldon Brown getting beat for the second week in a row. This guy is our best corner and I have nothing but mad respect for him cuz he is a gamer. Its just sad to see him making small mistakes that lead to big plays.

-The big one: JAKE DELHOMME is terrible. This guy is so bad. It's not the same kind of bad that Quinn or Anderson was, mainly because we knew we couldn't contend with either of those QBs. But now we have a team we can actually win games with. If Seneca would have stayed in, we would have won. I am almost certain of that. Delhomme is terrible. But he is Mangini's bitch so we will see him out there Sunday. Don't give Delhomme the "he was limited excuse". Im not buying it.

-Mangini, you are an idiot. Seneca Wallace came out in the second half expecting to come back in. He was on the sideline running with his helmet on and looked 100%. After the game, Wallace told the press he was frustrated that Mangini didn't put him back in because he was ready to go. He said they wanted to do an MRI before doing anything else with him. Way to go coach.

If I missed anything, I will add it later. Same shit, different day. I know everyone in this great city is sick of this. When will we win? I am starting to think never.

I just hope we rape Ben next week.

-Mangini, you are an idiot. Seneca Wallace came out in the second half expecting to come back in. He was on the sideline running with his helmet on and looked 100%. After the game, Wallace told the press he was frustrated that Mangini didn't put him back in because he was ready to go. He said they wanted to do an MRI before doing anything else with him. Way to go coach.

Not sure I agree with you on this one. Sure, he looked okay, but I doubt while he was warming up he was making cuts that he's going to be making in-game. If it's a minor ankle injury, why risk putting him back out there on a weak ankle, and risking it turning into a major ankle injury. Clearly, he's the only QB on our team that can ball. Our coaches are aware of that. I'd rather take this loss, than risk making wallace's ankle any worse, and putting him out for a month, during which, we're guaranteed to lose every game.

Not sure I agree with you on this one. Sure, he looked okay, but I doubt while he was warming up he was making cuts that he's going to be making in-game. If it's a minor ankle injury, why risk putting him back out there on a weak ankle, and risking it turning into a major ankle injury. Clearly, he's the only QB on our team that can ball. Our coaches are aware of that. I'd rather take this loss, than risk making wallace's ankle any worse, and putting him out for a month, during which, we're guaranteed to lose every game.

Good point. I think I am just frustrated our #1 QB is worse than our backup(s)

-Sheldon Brown getting beat for the second week in a row. This guy is our best corner and I have nothing but mad respect for him cuz he is a gamer. Its just sad to see him making small mistakes that lead to big plays.

-The big one: JAKE DELHOMME is terrible. This guy is so bad. It's not the same kind of bad that Quinn or Anderson was, mainly because we knew we couldn't contend with either of those QBs. But now we have a team we can actually win games with. If Seneca would have stayed in, we would have won. I am almost certain of that. Delhomme is terrible. But he is Mangini's bitch so we will see him out there Sunday. Don't give Delhomme the "he was limited excuse". Im not buying it.

oach.

just saying the only time i seen anything bad with Brown was when he put a huge hit on gonzales and was shooken up and they left him in and he got burnt other than that he had a good game

and as far as jake i agree hes terrible and once again turnovers kill us and who commited them jake again

sigh.....you do realize jake was hurt right, and until he got hurt the first half of game 1 he was just fine. This game he wasnt even supposed to be back in its rediculous to try to say whether or not a qb is any good or not based on 2 halves of injured play.

POSITIVES:

-Play calling wasn't AS BAD as normal. I like getting more WildDawg in there and Cribbs actually throwing a pass. That needs to happen more often.

Gotta disagree here. Daboll called pass after pass when JD came in. Yes, Hillis was dinged, but I counted 6 out of 8 plays were passes by JD. Everybody on the planet that was watching the game could see the JD was not right, both physically and mentally. He did call a better game after that, by using more Cribbs under center, but damn, my daughter can call a better game than this hack.

Yea, I get that, but I'm not a fan of trying to win by what you do worst. I'm not saying not to throw by any means, but JD looked so inept today, that I would have lost by doing what we do best......................Just not a Daboll fan here!

Wallace limped off the field and couldn't even put his right foot on the ground and limped back on the field after the 2nd half kickoff.

FALSE:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-cente...1f-f74273d909fb

And if you don't believe the QB himself, I was at the game and watched him come out of the tunnel and warm up and on the sideline. He was fine. 70% of Seneca is better than 70% of Delhomme. Any day.

I didn't see him limping or throwing awkwardly or anything.

No mobility at all Im talking even less then normal lol. Even the game announcers who were calling the game pointed out that he was playing hurt and that you could tell by his play.

My point is Seneca is better and should have played. I am sticking to it.

You are everything wrong with cleveland fans. Wallace clearly says in his interview that he would have WANTED to go back out not that he COULD. He states that he knew going back out there would have made his ankle worse and more than likely sidelined him even longer than if he just say out the rest of the game. I also SAW Delhomme limping during the game on several occasions so your whole I don't buy it story is BS. You are just the kind of fan that is so plentiful with the Browns. One bad showing and that person sucks. Your probably the same person who was calling to Wallace to be sat after the Chiefs game, but now that he isn't doing as bad he's the best. What is it going to be if Wallace has to come back out and play injured like Delhomme did this week. When Wallace does bad injured you'll be calling for his jersey to be hung up.

Delhomme didn't start due to his injury, therefore he shouldn't have even played this week. I just pray to god that this game doesn't set him back in getting his ankle healed and that either him or Wallace (pray god it's both) are 100% in two weeks.

EDIT: I would like to point out that I quoted the wrong source and I apologize to the person I used before I edited. Now fixed.

You are everything wrong with cleveland fans. Wallace clearly says in his interview that he would have WANTED to go back out not that he COULD. He states that he knew going back out there would have made his ankle worse and more than likely sidelined him even longer than if he just say out the rest of the game. I also SAW Delhomme limping during the game on several occasions so your whole I don't buy it story is BS. You are just the kind of fan that is so plentiful with the Browns. One bad showing and that person sucks. Your probably the same person who was calling to Wallace to be sat after the Chiefs game, but now that he isn't doing as bad he's the best. What is it going to be if Wallace has to come back out and play injured like Delhomme did this week. When Wallace does bad injured you'll be calling for his jersey to be hung up.

Delhomme didn't start due to his injury, therefore he shouldn't have even played this week. I just pray to god that this game doesn't set him back in getting his ankle healed and that either him or Wallace (pray god it's both) are 100% in two weeks.

Think you quoted the wrong guy there. But we all have opinions. Just stating mine.

I think we all know, including the coaches, that Seneca is our #1 QB and gives us the best chance to win. They'd rather have Delhomme played injured than Wallace. Wallace could have further injured his ankle and could be out the rest of the season.

Our best chances lie with Wallace at the helm. Jake just didn't appear to have the motivation today. I saw his face on multiple times and he looked down and like he had no interest in the team. Maybe that's how he always looks, but to my eyes, he appeared he didn't want to be out there.

I didn't see him limping or throwing awkwardly or anything.

twithersAP

Seneca Wallace limping badly following game. He struggled just getting to shower.

And in his post game presser he said he didnt feel like he could go out and be productive. To quote him exactly "I think if i would've went back in it would've probably made things worse"

twithersAP

And in his post game presser he said he didnt feel like he could go out and be productive. To quote him exactly "I think if i would've went back in it would've probably made things worse"

Exactly what he said in the post game interview. There is a difference between WANTING to play and being ABLE to play.

Archived