THE BROWNS BOARD

Looking for QB help

USFBrown

From PFT

Browns could be looking for quarterback help

Posted by Mike Florio on October 10, 2010 8:49 PM ET

Though the Cleveland Browns have yet to contact any veteran quarterbacks, they soon could be.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Browns may have to round up a veteran depending on the outcome of an MRI to be conducted on the right leg of Seneca Wallace.

Another factor will be the way that both Wallace and Jake Delhomme generally feel.

Delhomme was pressed into service four weeks after suffering an ankle sprain in the regular-season opener.

The Browns face the Steelers next week.

With both our QBs possibly not able to play next week, it'll be tough to get a guy in and get ready in a week.

But if we do look for another QB, i'm thinking Garcia (bad prior experience tho) or maybe even Troy Smith. Smith looked decent the few times i saw him play. But Delhomme also looked great in Preseason...

Who knows, but I hope Wallace will be ok. I'm betting Jake aggravated his injury further by playing today.

With both our QBs possibly not able to play next week, it'll be tough to get a guy in and get ready in a week.

But if we do look for another QB, i'm thinking Garcia (bad prior experience tho) or maybe even Troy Smith. Smith looked decent the few times i saw him play. But Delhomme also looked great in Preseason...

Who knows, but I hope Wallace will be ok. I'm betting Jake aggravated his injury further by playing today.

I am not sure about Garcia. I am not sure what kind of offense we used when he played here so that is a factor and also I don't see him getting a good reception. Troy Smith on the other hand I can see happening. He has had plenty of experience here in the NFL and he is more than accustomed to the speed of the NFL plus he ran a similar style of offense when he played for OSU. Also he is a natural son of Ohio and his reception here would be great. He also wants to play here, he made that obvious during the off season when the Ravens were looking to trade him. Also since he was picked up off waivers and since the 49's haven't done anything with him yet, we would be able to get him cheap, say a 6th or 7th in the next draft or in 2012.

Maybe we can give the Broncos a steak dinner for Quinn back as a very very very last resort since he at least knows the offense.

It's on Sportcenter right now. Joe Thomas, Josh Cribbs and Phil Dawson flew down to Miami to talk Ken Dorsey in to returning to the Browns. The plane has landed at Hopkins and they have a live copter shot of a black SUV headed to Berea.

Zombo

I just heard that the Browns signed Terry Bradshaw to finish out the year, just in time for him

to step in and kick steeler ass. It's on ESPN. maybe. :rolleyes:

Kosar was a serviceable QB in his day, if you're going to dream, I would think you would be wanting a franchise type QB.

Yea, we get it. You make purposefully inflammatory ignorant statements simply to try to get a rise out of people. The act is old and boring. Go chase your tail.

Archived