THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Defense will make us proud

ATENEARS

Our Defense has continued to get better. They seem to have fixed any minor errors they have had with each game and just get better. That was a solid performance on Sunday. Only big play they gave up was Sheldon Brown giving up that TD pass after he just returned from being helped off the field a few plays earlier. Credit Falcons for going right after him, but he has had very few mishaps and was a great addition. Atlanta had one big run that inflated the stats, but the Browns still haven't allowed a rushing TD. This Defense is playing too well not to put a couple of 6's on the board very soon. Haden is closing well on the ball, and we are playing much closer to the line in years past and will step into the throwing lanes next.

Special Teams stepped up with the field goal block, and downed the punt on the 1-yardline. Cribbs is Soooooooooooooooo due to slice one for a field position changer.

Colt will step up and keep us in this game, taking advantage of the good field position from those mentioned above. Hillis is the key, and I hope we bring back Chris Jennings, as he was pretty powerful himself. Screw Harrison and Davis, let's go get those that are hungry and have something to prove. Our starting receivers have sucked and Colt has gained timing with the Carlton Mitchells and other back-ups ... we will have a different look and it can only get better.

Stop being so freaking negative. This Browns team is lead by our Defense and Hillis ... now we will see McCoy & Mitchell contribute along with Ward and Haden.

This game is going to be much closer than anyone on here thinks. We physically beat the Ravens and we bring it Sunday. STFU if you don't believe. This defense is solid and we can play with anyone. If you don't see that, you don't know football. I welcome McCoy ... we need a huge upgrade at that position and he has proven the doubter at every level.

Our Defense has continued to get better. They seem to have fixed any minor errors they have had with each game and just get better. That was a solid performance on Sunday. Only big play they gave up was Sheldon Brown giving up that TD pass after he just returned from being helped off the field a few plays earlier. Credit Falcons for going right after him, but he has had very few mishaps and was a great addition. Atlanta had one big run that inflated the stats, but the Browns still haven't allowed a rushing TD. This Defense is playing too well, not to put a couple of 6's on the board for very soon. Haden is closing well on the ball, and we are playing much closer to the line in years past and will step into the throwing lanes next.

Special Teams stepped up with the field goal block, and downed the punt on the 1-yardline. Cribbs is Soooooooooooooooo due to slice one for a field position changer.

Colt will step up and keep us in this game, taking advantage of the good field position from those mentioned above. Hillis is the key, and I hope we bring back Chris Jennings, as he was pretty powerful himself. Screw Harrison and Davis, let's go get those that are hungry and have something to prove. Our starting receivers have sucked and Colt has gained timing with the Carlton Mitchells and other back-ups ... we will have a different look and it can only get better.

Stop being so freaking negative. This Browns team is lead by our Defense and Hillis ... now we will see McCoy & Mitchell contribute along with Ward and Haden.

This game is going to be much closer than anyone on here thinks. We physically beat the Ravens and we bring it Sunday. STFU if you don't believe. This defense is solid and we can play with anyone. If you don't see that, you don't know football. I welcome McCoy ... we need a huge upgrade at that position and he has proven the doubter at every level.

I completely agree on the defense....they are playing better than they are getting credit for so far this season. They're also playing with some attitude and fire that we haven't seen here on defense in years.

We might not win on Sunday...but it won't be a blowout. The game will be close in the 4th quarter.

I completely agree on the defense....they are playing better than they are getting credit for so far this season. They're also playing with some attitude and fire that we haven't seen here on defense in years.

We might not win on Sunday...but it won't be a blowout. The game will be close in the 4th quarter.

The Defense is playing with a great attitude and haven't come close to quitting ... unlike most of our fans around here. I haven't quit, I'm looking forward to Sunday and continuing to build some pieces here and there. I like the defense, and I like our running game ... we should have started with the run and 'D' back in 1999 instead of drafting a shiney young junior from the Kentucky basketball school as our saviour, but oh-well we are here now and laying the foundation to build. It's never too late.

Turnovers baby ... Big Gay Ben is gonna get raped.

Ben%20teeth.gif

WOW! Grasping at straws a bit aren't you?

Maybe grab a leprechaun and have him throw it to Manute Bol.....Since "nobody" has seen that you could win all your games!

I'm grasping for whatever I can get. You guys not seeing our QB and WR combo (except preseason) benefits us. I'm not saying they will toast you guys or even get a completion together. It's just a slight advantage of the unknown and i'll take any advantage we can get for that game.

The defense is doing great imho...ryan makes a lot of gutsy calls and sometimes we are going to get burned...it happens, as far as fans quitting on the browns who can quit? All we can do is watch in agony or even worse attend the games and support this piss poor OCs lackluster efforts, we can wish things were better or different but they are not yet, personally i havent given up on the team but i have no faith in our so called OC..

Hey im lookin forward to seeing colt mccoy but i already know we wont get to see the real mccoy only the hobbled restricted playbook of a moron leading to boxed in "stacks" of fun for the stoolers and more misery for browns fans..

Many of the players are not drinking mangini's kool-aid and its not even 6 games in...they do as they are told anyways and play for the fans and their jobs but not this OC...they will however play the steelers extra tough even with a limited set of options as a matter of pride..

You can see it in their eyes on the sideline how they feel about mangini and daboll and the offensive system and if you dont see it yet, try looking...

You can see it in their eyes on the sideline how they feel about mangini and daboll and the offensive system and if you dont see it yet, try looking...

What I saw last season was a 1-11 team win it out. What for? I'm guess pride and their coach, but who knows?

What I see this year, is guys playing their hearts out and being in every game. This is something we haven't seen for a long time and I think Mangini has a lot to do with it.

WOW! Grasping at straws a bit aren't you?

Maybe grab a leprechaun and have him throw it to Manute Bol.....Since "nobody" has seen that you could win all your games!

Trolling?

Back-ups throw to back-ups and many times when one is inserted into the game they often rely on these relationships with those they are familiar with from practice reps and go to that well when needed. Mitchells a nice looking receiver. We drafted him to play and be a big threat for us. Colt McCoy was brought in to QB us one day ... Sunday is a glimpse of that day. I wouldn't say it is grasping at straws. I'd say that Mitchell probably has the best chemistry with Colt of any of our receivers. It's a combination to watch on Sunday, if Mitchell gets his number called too.

Is this where you show us your great football talk? Manute Bol? That's all you got?

This team is much, much better than the team that punked the Steelers ass last time they faced one another. This defense is good and getting better. They are flying under the radar which in history has been perfect for our old school defensive mentality. Last go around we had Brady Quinn at the helm and Jamal Lewis at age 55. The O-line is better, the run game has been much better and we have some new components that the Steelers couldn't prepare for within their comfy easy schedule and strategic Bye-Week. Grasping at straws? It is what it is.

The defense is doing great imho...ryan makes a lot of gutsy calls and sometimes we are going to get burned...it happens, as far as fans quitting on the browns who can quit? All we can do is watch in agony or even worse attend the games and support this piss poor OCs lackluster efforts, we can wish things were better or different but they are not yet, personally i havent given up on the team but i have no faith in our so called OC..

Hey im lookin forward to seeing colt mccoy but i already know we wont get to see the real mccoy only the hobbled restricted playbook of a moron leading to boxed in "stacks" of fun for the stoolers and more misery for browns fans..

Many of the players are not drinking mangini's kool-aid and its not even 6 games in...they do as they are told anyways and play for the fans and their jobs but not this OC...they will however play the steelers extra tough even with a limited set of options as a matter of pride..

Name six players who aren't on-board with Managini? ... better yet, name one.

This is a defensive thread, and these boys are playing balls out and fixing mistakes. "Gelling" each and every week.

I call bullshit on your anti-Mangini statement.

The concept of having an inexperienced QB throw to an inexperienced WR could ONLY be seen as an advantage by Browns fans. Granted, there are times when a QB comes off the bench and provides a spark. there's also those times when a blind squirrel finds a nut, just like last December 10th. But most of the time, as is the case between the Steelers and Browns, the vastly superior team will win.

It's always interesting to listen to you guys talk about how you should have won, or how your team has improved at this spot so you will win.........what about the fact that the Steelers team you last played was in a complete and total rail spin at every phase of the game.........which by the way, they seem to be fixing quite nicely! How is it that you guys can always find little dreams to hang on to but can't can't see the fluke that created your latest dream?

Oh that's right, your Steeler team was in a 'rail spin at every phase' and our Browns team was a well oiled machine peaking on their 1-11 record. I must have forgotten, silly me for thinking that this is a completely different scenario. I mean it wasn't as if our defense shut the mighty Steelers out of the end-zone that week and our rookie running back (Chris Jennings) scored the games only TD. Naaa, that scenario has nothing to do with this thread about our defense playing even better and two rookie skill players needing to step-up.

Instead of bringing your giddy game this week, why don't you suck it up and add something to the table?

the d has played well and i am very pleased to see the progress they have made. the one problem i see however is that they are not forcing turnovers. i am not worried about that quite yet because turnovers will come with time. however, for right now it is what is separating us from the other great defenses. we need to go from bend-don't-break to shutdown. again though, this won't happen overnight and it will take time to develop.

There are none so blind as those will not see!

Come on man, you're better than this!

You pointed out that your D is playing better and how McCoy to Mitchells could be instrumental and all I said was how about looking at the other side of the ledger. You caught the Steelers on the tail end of the worst streak I have seen played by the Steelers in 40 years and you spin it up to that?

You can't have it both ways...........I mean here you can't ( at home you can have it how ever you want it) :lol:

I said that McCoy to Mitchell will be instrumental? Bullshit, I posted a thread here about our defense and how they are much improved from the team that shut you guys down last season and sacked your dumb big lug of a QB 8 times - then I stated about our fine special teams play, about Hillis health being key before dropping "Our starting receivers have sucked and Colt has gained timing with the Carlton Mitchells and other back-ups ... we will have a different look and it can only get better."

Instrumental?

Who's grasping at straws now?

Are you going to contribute here or should we have you sitting this week out because you obviously can't handle it?

also, i did the scores from each game. total points, they are giving up 20 points her game. if you take out the two pick-6s, the defense is giving up 16.6 points per game. that is a lot better than last year and they are giving the offense opportunities to win. we just need to improve our turnover ratio which is -2 right now.

also, i did the scores from each game. total points, they are giving up 20 points her game. if you take out the two pick-6s, the defense is giving up 16.6 points per game. that is a lot better than last year and they are giving the offense opportunities to win. we just need to improve our turnover ratio which is -2 right now.

Should be three pick-6's in our four losses. Delhomme has thrown two, one Sunday and one verse the Bucs. Seneca tossed one verse KC.

Quotes from Today's Pittsburgh Tribune ...

Roethlisberger remembers something else from the Steelers' dreadful 13-6 loss at Cleveland Browns Stadium, by far their worst defeat in 2009. "They got after us, and we couldn't do anything on offense," Roethlisberger said. "Point blank, they kicked our butts."

Blitzing from all angles, Cleveland sacked Roethlisberger a season-high eight times, and the Steelers managed only two Jeff Reed field goals. It was the Steelers' fourth loss to an AFC North opponent last season and contributed to knocking them out of the playoffs.

In anticipation of Sunday's rematch against Cleveland at Heinz Field, Roethlisberger and the rest of the offensive starters realize they have their work cut out for them against the Browns' aggressive and sometimes unpredictable defense.

"They did a lot of different looks and blitzes that keep you on your heels," said Roethlisberger, who was 18 of 32 for 201 yards.

However, the Steelers' offensive line woes went much deeper in the second meeting.

"We got confused," Kemoeatu admitted. "Their safeties would walk up, and we would think that we got them when we should have picked up the big guys.

"We've just got to know who we've got and call them out and go to those people."

While Roethlisberger said the Steelers should have a better idea what to expect this time, the trick against the Browns is knowing when the blitz is coming and when it isn't. "I have no idea," Roethlisberger said. "With (Browns defensive coordinator Rob) Ryan, you never know what to expect. I would imagine they'll probably do a little bit of the things they've done this year."

"We'll just have to wait and see and be ready to make adjustments and changes on the sideline," Roethlisberger said.

I don't get this comment. I don't try to play that card. I simply am not going to be moved off of logic no matter how absurd someone gets. Sorry..............

well it should make perfect sense considering the fact you keep bringing in your "steeler logic" on a browns board.. if you really think this will be an easy win, why post 100 times a day on a Browns Board? You seem more nervous than Big Ben...

Our Defense has continued to get better. They seem to have fixed any minor errors they have had with each game and just get better. That was a solid performance on Sunday. Only big play they gave up was Sheldon Brown giving up that TD pass after he just returned from being helped off the field a few plays earlier. Credit Falcons for going right after him, but he has had very few mishaps and was a great addition. Atlanta had one big run that inflated the stats, but the Browns still haven't allowed a rushing TD. This Defense is playing too well not to put a couple of 6's on the board very soon. Haden is closing well on the ball, and we are playing much closer to the line in years past and will step into the throwing lanes next.

I agree with most of what you say in the progress that this team has made Stan, but I dont believe this game is gonna be close by a long shot. Even If i had faith in McCoy to be a great future QB it would be a tough game, but the fact of the matter is I don't. Like i've said all along he doesn't have the arm to make it in this league. I really do hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

My thoughts are this, as long as this team plays hard week in and week out and shows improvement that will be enough for me and it has so far. Next year I truly believe is the year this team finally gets a franchise QB, there are too many not to be able to pluck one.

Im just hopping many Browns fans don't get they're expectations set too high for this game. If Wallace was starting I'd think we'd have a real legitimate shot but not with The Water Pistol Colt 45.

Just my two pennies..

Cribbs and the Wild Dawg offense haven't been used much because of the succes of the running game (thanks to the Oline & Hillis). Look for a needed spark with the offense this week and Josh Cribbs is a freaking Steeler killer (they fear him and wet themselves).

Harrison, Davis, the Colt, Stuckey, Brian mydadcoachedhereandIusetobeaBuckeye' Robiskie, MoMass, and our TE's are ready to explode.

Total trap game for the Steelers.

Big Ben hasn't been this embarrassed since his last rape went public.

All we have to do, is put a pretty young lady out on the sidelines, and Ben Rapistbooger will go after her out of bounds for no gain

every play. Then the entire stadium can watch him be who he is.

Police protection for the girl, of course. Or give her some pepper spray if he gets too close...

I like the way the Browns are progressing. Don't expect a win this week, rather hope to be in the game all day. That would be good thing.

We have still too many holes to make a run this year

But Mangini and Heckert and Holmgren...................are making improvements every week

Colt McCoy..............he can be our franchise QB

Archived