THE BROWNS BOARD

Shoulder update

calfoxwc

Physical therapy is coming along great, so they say.

It's been nearly three months, and I graduated to 1 lb weights this week, doing certain exercizes

to develop strength again. My flexibility, per my surgeon, is ahead of schedule, going great.

I asked him about using my chainsaw, and he just grinned and shook his head. He said he bought himself

a tiny little battery operated chainsaw, really light. He said I could get hurt using that one, too.

The muscles around the shoulder protect the rotator cuff ligaments. He said I had a very bad tear,

since it couldn't be torn worse than completely apart, and I have to do physical therapy with weights,

and keep working for more motion in my shouder for another six to eight weeks. Then, he said I should be good to go.

The worry is, to accidently have something happen where I use my arm wrong, and tear the repair.

I still say, the next time I may ever fall again, I'm keeping my arms at my sides, and just going ahead

and hit my head into the ground, that way all that happens is I dent the ground.

Rotator cuff injuries take about 5-6 months to recover from, and I'm halfway there.

I wish I had gone to school and become a physical therapy assistant. That's a cool job, hard but fun. It's a two year program, after the

prerequisites....

I graduated to a weight lifting machine today. It has about thirty settings. I'm on setting two. I think it's called the "rebuilding or wimpy" setting.... LOL

Archived