THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns-Steelers Rivalry ranked on website

Warfield42

Not sure if anyone has seen this website, The Ultimate Sports List (www.tusl.com), but it ranks the supposed 150 best sporting events in the world based on fan voting. As I think we would all agree, the Brown-Steelers rivalry made the list, coming at #126 overall and #7 of the NFL events (the Super Bowl is #3 overall and #1 in NFL events). Other NFL rivalries that made the list are Packers-Bears at Lambeau, Cowboys-Redskins and Giants Eagles. I would think Chiefs-Raiders should have made it, but maybe it has lost some of its luster. Other events of local interest are Ohio State-Michigan football at #24 and the Pro Football Hall of Fame at #132 and the All American Soap Box Derby at #144.

Ravens / Steelers are the best. Playing the Browns makes me yawn.

lmao you only say that because you hate the browns so much. otherwise you'd be at a ravens site sayin the same thing

browns and steelers hate each other. ravens are just the better team right now

and OSU/Michigan should be ranked much much higher. its the biggest rivalry in all of sports

lmao you only say that because you hate the browns so much. otherwise you'd be at a ravens site sayin the same thing

and OSU/Michigan should be ranked much much higher. its the biggest rivalry in all of sports

I'd say more like obsessed is the word I use for the Steelers trolls.

Please don't send the Steelers trolls back to the Ravens message boards.

We had to babysit them two weeks ago, this is your week to babysit them!

Not sure if anyone has seen this website, The Ultimate Sports List (www.tusl.com), but it ranks the supposed 150 best sporting events in the world based on fan voting. As I think we would all agree, the Brown-Steelers rivalry made the list, coming at #126 overall and #7 of the NFL events (the Super Bowl is #3 overall and #1 in NFL events). Other NFL rivalries that made the list are Packers-Bears at Lambeau, Cowboys-Redskins and Giants Eagles. I would think Chiefs-Raiders should have made it, but maybe it has lost some of its luster. Other events of local interest are Ohio State-Michigan football at #24 and the Pro Football Hall of Fame at #132 and the All American Soap Box Derby at #144.

Why didn't you give us the link?

The Steelers Browns rivalry died when the Browns became the Ravens.

There has never been anything to rival between the Steelers and expansion Browns.

The Ravens are the expansion team and the Browns team had a 3 year hiatus. That is what was determined when Modell moved his team to Baltimore. If it was any other way the records and history would have moved with the team.

Like I mentioned on another thread, I am a fan of the Ravens but not how Baltimore got the team. I also understand that most people here feel the same way about Modell as I feel about Irsay, but the one classy thing that Art Modell did was leave the history, colors, and team name in Cleveland. Before I get chastised for saying anything about the move was classy, just think about how we feel in Baltimore when ever we see the Indianapolis Colts. Go to the HOF and Johnny Unitas, Lenny Moore, Art Donovan, Raymond Barry, et al are in the Indianapolis Colts section. Even when Baltimore got a CFL team for two years they couldn't use the team name Colts, even though it was a different league that had two teams with the same name (Rough Riders, and Roughriders) another team with the same name as an NFL franchise (BC Lions) and the Edmonton Eskimos whose uniforms look nearly identical to the Packers. I realize that there was a fan wide (since I know the Browns fan base is much larger than just Cleveland) petition to keep those things in Cleveland, but as I stated about the Colts above, without the owner agreeing to do so it wouldn't have happened.

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_franchise_nicknames.html

scroll down to the Colts name history.

The Steelers Browns rivalry died when the Browns became the Ravens.

There has never been anything to rival between the Steelers and expansion Browns.

I love this part of Stone's game ... this is where he declares the rival is dead ... wait ... this is where he claims the riavl to him is dead and does so in is 1200th post as a Steeler fan on TheBrownsBoard.

Let's all bow our heads ...

I love this part of Stone's game ... this is where he declares the rival is dead ... wait ... this is where he claims the riavl to him is dead and does so in is 1200th post as a Steeler fan on TheBrownsBoard.

Let's all bow our heads ...

i've tried in the past to show this guy/gal (stone) some respect and have even agreed with him on some mundane points........but when it all comes down to it he's just another steeler's turd on here to stir up shit.

Ravens / Steelers are the best. Playing the Browns makes me yawn.

Nope... If we lose to Baltimore I am Over it by the Next game. If we lose to Cleveland I aint over it till the Next time we Beat them. I have literally 20 Friends who are Steeler fans and they All feel the same way. Your a Fraud dude. Or So Young you dont know the history of Pittsburgh Steeler Football.

Nope... If we lose to Baltimore I am Over it by the Next game. If we lose to Cleveland I aint over it till the Next time we Beat them. I have literally 20 Friends who are Steeler fans and they All feel the same way. Your a Fraud dude. Or So Young you dont know the history of Pittsburgh Steeler Football.

I'll go ahead and begin my anecdote.

I have two friends. One whose Steeler fandom has been passed down from his father, a very funny, knowledgeable , and all around good guy. He knows Steeler history like the fingerprints on his Terrible piss covered Towel waving hands. I can respect that fan. He knows who picked off Kordell Stewart in November of odd numbered years. I have another friend,"Cody", who, last season decided he "would pick" a team. Lo and behold he chose the Steelers. Now, when he says to me that they are 3 and 1 and we are 1 and 4, I have no reasonable rebuttal. They have won that amount of games, we have lost them. But as soon as this xxxx head 2004 Red Sox fan, part time Cubs fan in an area full of Reds fans and he has no ties to anywhere near Chicago, and overall dumbass starts talking about "his" teams' 6 Lombardi trophies, I calmly remind him that his team changes every G** d*** year and that he has been a fan of a team who has won zero Lombardi trophies, the same as the Browns, since he decided to start gulping on Hines Ward's cock. You have those kinds of fans because you have been successful, and it is enviable in some aspects. But at the same time, if the Browns were to win 2 trophies in a short time period, I would not be able to stop from embarrassing this ass hole wearing his TJ Ward jersey and would hate him spewing off at the mouth about how great "his" team is. This board has been recently been filled with a ton of Cody's because of the game coming up. I like the insight Bunsofsteel and Homotron provide here most of the time. Gafreleets seems to get his rocks off by clicking like on anything any of his shit talking bretheren spew from their mouths, but I like having real football fans here. Everyone that wants to come here and throw out an "lol Modell anal raped the Browns like the Steelers will because we have Troy and Ben and a bunch of other players I can't name" can go eat a bag full of dicks as far as I'm concerned.

Holy run-on sentences, Batman...

No, Virginia - there is no Steelers/stains rivalry.

Keep the milk and cookies out though, maybe in the next 10 years or so.

... or maybe not.

Ball's in your court. OR IN YOUR MOUTH

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST FXXKING PIECE OF SHIT POSTING ON THIS BOARD TO DATE (WHICH IS PROVEN BY YOUR QUEER AVATAR AND JIM CAREY.........CHIRP,WHO?.....IN ONE OF THE WORSE MOVIES EVER SIGS). GO POUND YOUR MOM'S CUM COLLECTOR AND JUMP INTO THE QUICKSAND IN YOUR BACKYARD/SWAMP!!!! DON'T WORRY.....NOBODY WILL MISS YOU. YOU MAKE NO DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST FXXKING PIECE OF SHIT POSTING ON THIS BOARD TO DATE (WHICH IS PROVEN BY YOUR QUEER AVATAR AND JIM CAREY.........CHIRP,WHO?.....IN ONE OF THE WORSE MOVIES EVER SIGS). GO POUND YOUR MOM'S CUM COLLECTOR AND JUMP INTO THE QUICKSAND IN YOUR BACKYARD/SWAMP!!!! DON'T WORRY.....NOBODY WILL MISS YOU. YOU MAKE NO DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD.

TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Notch one more stains fan meltdown on the saddle.

It's Andy Kaufman, btw.

Regards...

... an'at

I'll go ahead and begin my anecdote.

I have two friends. One whose Steeler fandom has been passed down from his father, a very funny, knowledgeable , and all around good guy. He knows Steeler history like the fingerprints on his Terrible piss covered Towel waving hands. I can respect that fan. He knows who picked off Kordell Stewart in November of odd numbered years. I have another friend,"Cody", who, last season decided he "would pick" a team. Lo and behold he chose the Steelers. Now, when he says to me that they are 3 and 1 and we are 1 and 4, I have no reasonable rebuttal. They have won that amount of games, we have lost them. But as soon as this xxxx head 2004 Red Sox fan, part time Cubs fan in an area full of Reds fans and he has no ties to anywhere near Chicago, and overall dumbass starts talking about "his" teams' 6 Lombardi trophies, I calmly remind him that his team changes every G** d*** year and that he has been a fan of a team who has won zero Lombardi trophies, the same as the Browns, since he decided to start gulping on Hines Ward's cock. You have those kinds of fans because you have been successful, and it is enviable in some aspects. But at the same time, if the Browns were to win 2 trophies in a short time period, I would not be able to stop from embarrassing this ass hole wearing his TJ Ward jersey and would hate him spewing off at the mouth about how great "his" team is. This board has been recently been filled with a ton of Cody's because of the game coming up. I like the insight Bunsofsteel and Homotron provide here most of the time. Gafreleets seems to get his rocks off by clicking like on anything any of his shit talking bretheren spew from their mouths, but I like having real football fans here. Everyone that wants to come here and throw out an "lol Modell anal raped the Browns like the Steelers will because we have Troy and Ben and a bunch of other players I can't name" can go eat a bag full of dicks as far as I'm concerned.

the steelers fans that say the ravens are their biggest rival are clearly too young to understand the history of pittsburgh vs cleveland

every real steelers fan knows their biggest rivalry is the browns and every browns fan would rather see the steelers lose than the browns win in most cases

thats called a rivalry. the fact that people are denying it makes it even more evident. if it wasnt such a big rivalry, you wouldnt be here to deny it.

howd the steelers season end last year anyway? oh yea.....now i remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWlPcwscALY...feature=related

the steelers fans that say the ravens are their biggest rival are clearly too young to understand the history of pittsburgh vs cleveland

every real steelers fan knows their biggest rivalry is the browns and every browns fan would rather see the steelers lose than the browns win in most cases

thats called a rivalry. the fact that people are denying it makes it even more evident. if it wasnt such a big rivalry, you wouldnt be here to deny it.

howd the steelers season end last year anyway? oh yea.....now i remember

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWlPcwscALY...feature=related

No.

I'm not as old as Hoorta (zing), but I'm no spring chicken either.

I remember the rivalry back in the 70's and beyond. It didn't stop when Baltimore stole your team, it stopped when the play became totally one sided.

Yes, last years win was a step in the right direction, but there needs to be a few more wins like that. A few more knocking us out of the playoffs, a little more talk about who's on top of the AFCN - stains or Steelers.

The rats are by far our biggest rival at this stage. It's been between us and them for the last decade or so and the recent back and forth of wins/losses proves that rivalry exists. Plus the hatred - honest two-sided hatred.

Stains fans hate the Steelers, but there are practically zero Steelers fans that are looking at this weeks game as nothing more than cannon fodder and a warm up for Ben.

Yinz guys pull a win off this week and it's one giant step.

Time will only tell.

Regards...

... an'at

No.

I'm not as old as Hoorta (zing), but I'm no spring chicken either.

I remember the rivalry back in the 70's and beyond. It didn't stop when Baltimore stole your team, it stopped when the play became totally one sided.

Yes, last years win was a step in the right direction, but there needs to be a few more wins like that. A few more knocking us out of the playoffs, a little more talk about who's on top of the AFCN - stains or Steelers.

The rats are by far our biggest rival at this stage. It's been between us and them for the last decade or so and the recent back and forth of wins/losses proves that rivalry exists. Plus the hatred - honest two-sided hatred.

Stains fans hate the Steelers, but there are practically zero Steelers fans that are looking at this weeks game as nothing more than cannon fodder and a warm up for Ben.

Yinz guys pull a win off this week and it's one giant step.

Time will only tell.

keep tellin yourself that because you're the only one that believes that. steelers fans may think the ravens are a better team, but that doesnt simply erase the history

just like the OSU/michigan rivalry. just because michigan sucks big donkey balls right now doesnt take away from the rivalry. the steelers feel the same way. cleveland may not be the best competition every year but it doesnt take away from the rivalry

i can see that you havent been a steelers fan for very long so im going to assume you're a bandwagon fan and move along

keep tellin yourself that because you're the only one that believes that. steelers fans may think the ravens are a better team, but that doesnt simply erase the history

just like the OSU/michigan rivalry. just because michigan sucks big donkey balls right now doesnt take away from the rivalry. the steelers feel the same way. cleveland may not be the best competition every year but it doesnt take away from the rivalry

i can see that you havent been a steelers fan for very long so im going to assume you're a bandwagon fan and move along

I generally don't go out of my way to defend myself, but I'll make an exception here.

No, I've been a Steeler fan for life. Born and raised in Pittsburgh. Lived there for the first 35 years of my life until I moved out to the country, then to the desert. Job thing.

I remember my dad closing the curtain in the living room on Sundays, blocking out all sunlight for the game. I went to Steeler lunches during the 70's when I was a kid, got autographed pennants from Lambert, Ham, Stallworth and Franco. Still have them.

I remember a guy I worked with back when the stains bailed out of dirty, dirty Cleveland - he was a stains fan. I don't know if he was more pissed than I was.

I remember watching the first Steelers/stains game with the new franchise. It was prime time, the rebirth of the rivalry.

We won.

... and won, and won....

Don't get me wrong - I want the rivalry. I want to be able to trade even shots with yinz putzs here but fact is - it's not there.

Like you said, it's history. Nothing more than history. I don't take pleasure in saying that either.

Hope this makes sense.

Peace

Regards...

... an'at

Archived