THE BROWNS BOARD

Steelers not overlooking Colt McCoy

Joker Boy

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id...king-colt-mccoy

PITTSBURGH --The Steelers (3-1), coming off a bye week, are huge favorites in Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns. A major reason is the struggling Browns (1-4) are expected to start rookie quarterback Colt McCoy in his first NFL game.

But the Steelers are not underestimating McCoy, who was the winningest quarterback in college football history at the University of Texas. Most, including the AFC North blog, don't expect McCoy to have much success against Dick LeBeau's physical and complicated defense. Yet Pittsburgh is taking this challenge seriously.

"He's a quarterback in the NFL," Steelers Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison said Wednesday. "That means he has the ability to do it. So we're not lighting up about anything."

Steelers defensive lineman Evander "Ziggy" Hood is probably the last Pittsburgh player to overlook McCoy. Hood, a University of Missouri alum, faced McCoy three times in the Big 12 and was winless in three attempts.

According to Hood, McCoy's versatility and playmaking ability are two concerns for Pittsburgh's defense.

"He can do it all -- run, pass, paint the fence and walk the dog," Hood recalls of his college games against McCoy. "Whenever he gets in, he's going to make something happen."

Pittsburgh lost to Cleveland in its previous meeting. The loss didn't sit well with the Steelers, who have dominated the Browns the past several years.

With all the hype about quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's return and low expectations for McCoy, the Steelers want to avoid a letdown.

"We're talking about the Browns; you guys [the media] are talking about Ben," Steelers receiver Hines Ward said. "Even though their record doesn't indicate it, they're still playing good football. A play here and there, and their record could easily be 3-2 or 4-1 the other way."

Thats what scares me about this game. Everyone is so quick (media) to say the Steelers are going to dominate the Browns just because McCoy is starting. The kid is probably their most talented QB, he just lacks experience. I actually thought he and Tebow were the 2 best QB's in the draft. The Browns have a very good D and their line on O is better than most with a bruising RB. I expect a close game that is going to surprise the media know it alls. Good luck Sunday

"We're talking about the Browns; you guys [the media] are talking about Ben," Steelers receiver Hines Ward said. "Even though their record doesn't indicate it, they're still playing good football. A play here and there, and their record could easily be 3-2 or 4-1 the other way."

hey all you steeler trolls: when we post our argument that we could be 3-2 or 4-1 you scoff at us and say we're making excuses. WELL HEY, LOOK!! you're pro-bowl fag wide out says the same thing. why don't you get on here and rag him out? quiffs!

hey all you steeler trolls: when we post our argument that we could be 3-2 or 4-1 you scoff at us and say we're making excuses. WELL HEY, LOOK!! you're pro-bowl fag wide out says the same thing. why don't you get on here and rag him out? quiffs!

Don't forget to realize that the Steelers trolls are saying that the Browns aren't that good. But they were all patting each other on the back after week 3 when they beat the undefeated Buccaneers. The teams that the Buccaneers beat to go 2-0 were the 0-2 Panthers and the team they are putting down this week. Once again I mean no disrespect to Browns fans, but why is it such a big deal to beat a team that beat two teams without a win?

Not to mention that the Steelers got extremely lucky that Rashard Bendenfall broke loose for a 50 yard run in OT to beat the Falcons in week 1. The Falcons D held Bendenfall to 3.3 yards per carry in regulation, but thanks to one play averages 5.5 yards per carry for the game. The Steelers with or with out Pig Ben are not as good as they appear to be in Pittsburgh. Just wait until the Steelers play the Jets, Patriots, Browns, and Bengals. Then maybe they will realize that the reason they did so well to open the season was because they were scheduled fairly easily to open the season without Ben.

Don't forget to realize that the Steelers trolls are saying that the Browns aren't that good. But they were all patting each other on the back after week 3 when they beat the undefeated Buccaneers. The teams that the Buccaneers beat to go 2-0 were the 0-2 Panthers and the team they are putting down this week. Once again I mean no disrespect to Browns fans, but why is it such a big deal to beat a team that beat two teams without a win?

Not to mention that the Steelers got extremely lucky that Rashard Bendenfall broke loose for a 50 yard run in OT to beat the Falcons in week 1. The Falcons D held Bendenfall to 3.3 yards per carry in regulation, but thanks to one play averages 5.5 yards per carry for the game. The Steelers with or with out Pig Ben are not as good as they appear to be in Pittsburgh. Just wait until the Steelers play the Jets, Patriots, Browns, and Bengals. Then maybe they will realize that the reason they did so well to open the season was because they were scheduled fairly easily to open the season without Ben.

I sure as hell didn't make a big deal out of beating the Bucs. They are 4-1 now so clearly they are doing something right. I also wouldn't say we were lucky to have Mendenhall break off that run. We were moving the ball down field. A field goal was likely, the TD occurred. As far as Mendenhall is concerned teams have been stacking the box against him and he's still getting his yards, to sit here and call him anything but a beast is delusional. As for the latter portion of your post with Ben in the fold I'm not all all worried about the Jets or the Patriots and certainly not concerned with the Browns or the Bengals. The Bengals just lost Odom for 4 games, he'll be out for the first meeting against the Steelers and the Patriots traded the only receiver they have that can stretch the field. Their defense is also porous and defenses are getting to Brady. Please enlighten me on why Pittsburgh isn't as good as they seem. The stats say the exact opposite. If not for a text book block from Todd Heap, Housh doesn't catch that TD pass before the bye week. The Ravens executed everything flawlessly on that final pass and it's why they won the game.

Pittsburgh is the best team in the league.

I sure as hell didn't make a big deal out of beating the Bucs. They are 4-1 now so clearly they are doing something right. I also wouldn't say we were lucky to have Mendenhall break off that run. We were moving the ball down field. A field goal was likely, the TD occurred. As far as Mendenhall is concerned teams have been stacking the box against him and he's still getting his yards, to sit here and call him anything but a beast is delusional. As for the latter portion of your post with Ben in the fold I'm not all all worried about the Jets or the Patriots and certainly not concerned with the Browns or the Bengals. The Bengals just lost Odom for 4 games, he'll be out for the first meeting against the Steelers and the Patriots traded the only receiver they have that can stretch the field. Their defense is also porous and defenses are getting to Brady. Please enlighten me on why Pittsburgh isn't as good as they seem. The stats say the exact opposite. If not for a text book block from Todd Heap, Housh doesn't catch that TD pass before the bye week. The Ravens executed everything flawlessly on that final pass and it's why they won the game.

You're quite the comedian Homo. ROFLMAO.

If not for a text book block from Todd Heap, Housh doesn't catch that TD pass before the bye week. The Ravens executed everything flawlessly on that final pass and it's why they won the game.

do you realize how two-faced you are being? it's o.k. for you to make 'excuses' for your team to lose. but when we claim the pick six cost us the game against KC you scoff at it. WTF?? yes, seneca committed the turnover and yes your steeler let himself get blocked on the Housh play. tell me what's the difference? really. what?

What?!?! Did you even see that game?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091209/2...post-playbyplay

Look at the play-by-play of that game, the Steelers only had one play in OT. How can you say they were moving down the field for a FG and got a TD? It was one 50 yard TD run.

This is when you know you are dealing with a troll, you know more about the games their "favorite" team plays then they do. :rolleyes:

do you realize how two-faced you are being? it's o.k. for you to make 'excuses' for your team to lose. but when we claim the pick six cost us the game against KC you scoff at it. WTF?? yes, seneca committed the turnover and yes your steeler let himself get blocked on the Housh play. tell me what's the difference? really. what?

Where the hell did I say anything about the chiefs game? I am my own entity. Last I checked myself and the others on this board that claim allegiance to the Steelers are actually DIFFERENT PEOPLE, with different opinions and WOW different first and last names! Amazing.

What?!?! Did you even see that game?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091209/2...post-playbyplay

Look at the play-by-play of that game, the Steelers only had one play in OT. How can you say they were moving down the field for a FG and got a TD? It was one 50 yard TD run.

This is when you know you are dealing with a troll, you know more about the games their "favorite" team plays then they do. :rolleyes:

I don't recall the down that he tore off that run. I'm definitely not a troll and I sure as sh.it know my team and the game. If anyone is trolling it's you big timer. You're no different than the ridiculous faction on this message board. The Retarded name changes with Steeler players etc. We'll see where things stand come January. I'm assuming you're a Ravens fan. Flacco did sh.it until that drive. A lot of people would have liked to see a pass play on 3rd down when we still had possession of the ball. A first down changes the outcome of the game. It didn't happen and Todd Heap made the play the changed the game. Nature of the beast on Sunday but let's not act like the Ravens are twice the team. Charlie Batch our 4th string QB was under center and you just eeked out the win. It's laughable.

The Retarded name changes with Steeler players etc.

Homo, this board is more then enough lenient with you. Months back when I went on a Steeler board, I got kicked off in minutes for respectfully mentioning Rape charges with Rapelesberger. So go suck a duck if you don't like it.

Homo, this board is more then enough lenient with you. Months back when I went on a Steeler board, I got kicked off in minutes for respectfully mentioning Rape charges with Rapelesberger. So go suck a duck if you don't like it.

I don't give a sh.it about the name calling. I was just pointing out Mr. Bru is employing similar tactics and he hasn't been here long. Everyone hates the Steelers because the Steelers win. Ravens fans are apparently no different and I was pointing out that fact. As far as your experience on the Steeler board is concerned what post for you was the "rape" post. Your first on the board I'd imagine? likely. Most people put that bullsh.it behind them so I'm not surprised you got booted for trolling about something people are tired of talking about. Are you? I've also been booted from here before and it was reversed. Ban away if you must. I have more than one screen name. I'll still be able to read. I do that mostly anyway.

I don't give a sh.it about the name calling. I was just pointing out Mr. Bru is employing similar tactics and he hasn't been here long. Everyone hates the Steelers because the Steelers win. Ravens fans are apparently no different and I was pointing out that fact. As far as your experience on the Steeler board is concerned what post for you was the "rape" post. Your first on the board I'd imagine? likely. Most people put that bullsh.it behind them so I'm not surprised you got booted for trolling about something people are tired of talking about. Are you? I've also been booted from here before and it was reversed. Ban away if you must. I have more than one screen name. I'll still be able to read. I do that mostly anyway.

I hope they don't ban you. The other pussy browns board does that at a whim. I just like to mess with the inbreds and see them squirm. We are not Barfing turd.

I hope they don't ban you. The other pussy browns board does that at a whim. I just like to mess with the inbreds and see them squirm. We are not Barfing turd.

Let's just get one thing clear first. You don't get to me, nor does anyone else on this message board. I respond when things get comical around here and just read. I've MORE than held my own on this message board and rarely post anything that could be considered "trolling" The only way you're going to make me squirm is if you show up at my house and physically shake me around. I also won't get banned.

They didn't like when I posted a link for the Pittsburgh sex offender list and said it was the new Ben Roethlisberger fan club. :lol:

They didn't like when I posted a link for the Pittsburgh sex offender list and said it was the new Ben Roethlisberger fan club. :lol:

How are you going to like it when we grab the 7th this year and you're watching from the couch?

How are you going to like it when we grab the 7th this year and you're watching from the couch?

7th what?

If you don't acknowlege the Browns 8 pro football championships, during a time when the Steelers couldn't even make the playoffs, then I don't acknowledge any pro football championships before the NFL's ban on steroids.

7th what?

If you don't acknowlege the Browns 8 pro football championships, during a time when the Steelers couldn't even make the playoffs, then I don't acknowledge any pro football championships before the NFL's ban on steroids.

lol spin little spin doctor spin. Are you going to answer my other question? How many times has ben eliminated the Ravens from the playoffs? and how many Super Bowls have the Ravens won since he's been under center? I'll wait

7th what?

I acknowledge them for everything they are worth. You should be bragging about your team's great accomplishments. :rolleyes:

Since I have been the only fan of both teams for forty years..................here is some insight

The Browns are not as bad as their record..............the do have offensive ineptitude caused mainly by weak QBing and really weak WR's and thin RB's with now no speed

And are marginally adequate on D

The Steelers have abundant skill players on offense proven vets like Ward and Miller and upcoming Wallace.........and please keep the emotion to yourself........a great clutch Qb in Ben...............

and the best damn defense in football

and at home

I am not making any predictions...................take this post wherever you wish

All, I hope is Colt McCoy plays well enough to keep the game from a blowout...............I have high hopes for him

and even if he gets throttled................this is not the best time for him to get the big enchalata

7th what?

lol.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzz Tired and Old... No One cares Man. Please No one Care about anything but the LAST Super Bowl . Because the Winning Joy fades EVERY Time you fail to win again. If you Never Win one... you dont realize , that ONLY Another Lombardi will suffice.

lol.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

z

zzzzzzzzzzzz Tired and Old... No One cares Man. Please No one Care about anything but the LAST Super Bowl . Because the Winning Joy fades EVERY Time you fail to win again. If you Never Win one... you dont realize , that ONLY Another Lombardi will suffice.

Wait? Why is it OK for Steelers fans to bring up past history (4 Super Bowl trophies won 30+ years ago included in with the two won recently), but no other fan base can bring up Super Bowl victories? Being a Ravens fan I was even asked "how many SB has my team won since Roethlisberger has been in the NFL?" I'm not even allowed to count 2001, but you guys can count back all the way to 1974?

Well if we must stay current, how many games have the Steelers won this year? The Ravens have won 4.

I acknowledge them for everything they are worth. You should be bragging about your team's great accomplishments. :rolleyes:

True, like not sucking for 41 years before winning their first NFL Championship. Thank God the Ravens won their first Championship within 6 years of being in Baltimore, but the Browns did it instantaniously. From their inception in 1946-1964 they won 8 pro-football championships, you have to admit that 8 championships in 18 years is impressive.

Wait? Why is it OK for Steelers fans to bring up past history (4 Super Bowl trophies won 30+ years ago included in with the two won recently), but no other fan base can bring up Super Bowl victories? Being a Ravens fan I was even asked "how many SB has my team won since Roethlisberger has been in the NFL?" I'm not even allowed to count 2001, but you guys can count back all the way to 1974?

Well if we must stay current, how many games have the Steelers won this year? The Ravens have won 4.

because stooler fans are scum of the earth front running inbreds

Archived