THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs (injury aside) is dancing too much

ATENEARS

Josh Cribbs use to be hungry. He use to take the direct snap and bolt. He was horrible in his cutting decisions today and paid the price for running stupid, not to mention carrying the ball out in a palmed hand (WTF was he thinking?).

His Return skills have diminished, I believe he has slowed and he now believe he has to dance in order to find a hole when he use to just explode through them leaving a hole in his wake.

I really wish we hadn't release Lawson, he was a good return guy. I'm afraid Haden may be our best option but I don't want to see him get banged up in that role.

Stuckey did nothing for me except make me cringe. I hate to say this and pile on Cribbs while he is down, but I wonder what we could get for him in a trade?

Josh Cribbs use to be hungry. He use to take the direct snap and bolt. He was horrible in his cutting decisions today and paid the price for running stupid, not to mention carrying the ball out in a palmed hand (WTF was he thinking?).

His Return skills have diminished, I believe he has slowed and he now believe he has to dance in order to find a hole when he use to just explode through them leaving a hole in his wake.

I really wish we hadn't release Lawson, he was a good return guy. I'm afraid Haden may be our best option but I don't want to see him get banged up in that role.

Stuckey did nothing for me except make me cringe. I hate to say this and pile on Cribbs while he is down, but I wonder what we could get for him in a trade?

They will never trade the Browns #1 franchise player. He will be a Brown for life. Sorry but thats the truth (pending washed up downfall). He still has a lot left in the tank. But then again, talk to me at the end of the season. We could know something more.

Definitely, definitely should not put Haden back there. Can you imagine what the dbs would be like then?? Ouch..

Cribbs just having a rough first season. He isn't the kind of guy to just give up on and trade away at the drop of a hat. Plus I saw him on the side line after he got hit and he was yelling at the training telling him he was fine. This guy is going to come back in a week or two and I see him bouncing back and making some plays at WR, WildDawg QB, and return man.

Cribbs helps fill the seats, but it seems like Hillis has taken the Team Favorite roll. I love Cribbs, but if we are going to build through the draft like we want to then trading him might be the way to go. I would hate to see him go, he has been all of what Cleveland is.

i'm not even suggesting i think this is true or anything, cause I really don't just a question thrown up there. do you think Cribbs finally getting paid has anything to do with his performance?

Doubtful. He is one of the most high character men to walk this Earth. Unless there is some fourth dimension we aren't seeing, I just think his lack of performance is mostly coincidental with what is going on around him.

Doubtful. He is one of the most high character men to walk this Earth. Unless there is some fourth dimension we aren't seeing, I just think his lack of performance is mostly coincidental with what is going on around him.

Dude, I'm a Browns fan, but to say he is "one of the most high character men to walk this Earth" is kind of strange. He is a football player, not a healer. I think his great days are over. He doesn't look like he has the fire anymore. Short life span. Lets trade him.

Dude, I'm a Browns fan, but to say he is "one of the most high character men to walk this Earth" is kind of strange. He is a football player, not a healer. I think his great days are over. He doesn't look like he has the fire anymore. Short life span. Lets trade him.

To each their own. He is a great person in my opinion. I can't imagine him being on another team. It would feel like my girlfriend cheating on me.

i'm not even suggesting i think this is true or anything, cause I really don't just a question thrown up there. do you think Cribbs finally getting paid has anything to do with his performance?

I guess I had this in mind when I started this topic as well.

Listen I love everything Josh Cribbs stands for and appreciate that he walked on here and took the league by storm during our darkest days. But as a Browns fan, i we can get a positional Pro=bowl flirting starter and/or draft position for him, we might want to start taking a good look at his return ability shelf life.

I couldn't wait for us to shed the Wilddawg offense today. It was ok to spell Colt here and there but when we ran it consecutively and into a 1st & 10 situations, that crossed the line. When Cribbs was ruled out for the game one part of me was glad so that we allowed Colt to get into some sort of rythm and we just played real football and got our future reps in.

Does anyone else remember Dante Hall? I am a Cribbs fan because of the way he handled the media last year when he was asked about making more money, but a dropoff in the production of return men, even the most accomplished ones, is not unprecedented. I hope he can continue to contribute to the organization; I was very proud of him last year on the field and off of it.

Cribbs still gives us a good return game and he is developing (I think is) our best receiver. I just don't think it is an option to get rid of him this year even if we wanted to especially since after him our only return men (I do not count Stuckey as a return man!) are Haden, who we are going to need to replace Wright, and Hillis, who does to much already.

Returning isn't a game to game thing either. It's not like receiving where you can drift from your route a bit to find an open whole, or QB where you have to throw an accurate pass. It is based off of 3/4 physical skill and 1/4 luck, and I just think that the luck factor hasn't been there yet this year except on a few returns.

Cribbs' new contract was heavy in incentives so he is losing a lot of money. The blocking on kickoffs is not as good as it was the past two years. It is very possible that he doesn't have as much energy with his expanded duties. I think he looks lighter than last year but that is just my opinion

Archived