THE BROWNS BOARD

Congratulations Phil Dawson

Earl34

The most amazing part of this record is his ability to maintain his great focus & attitude having kicked for such horrible teams throughout most of his career.

I agree that he should be a Hall of Famer.

Mike

The most amazing part of this record is his ability to maintain his great focus & attitude having kicked for such horrible teams throughout most of his career.

I agree that he should be a Hall of Famer.

Mike

Hey, I love Phil, but IMHO the HOF is out of reach.

Career Scoring

Morten Anderson has Phil beat by about 1,500 points- and he's not in yet. Just look at the ACTIVE players ahead of Phil, and get back to me.

PS winning a few Super Bowls doesn't hurt your resume for HOF inclusion.

I agree about the HOF being out of reach.

Too many good kickers in front of him, both in points scored and championships.

This isn't like Lou.

First, Groza was maybe the first of the really good kickers.

Second, he played on the main stage for most of his career with championship winning kicks.

Third, while "The Toe" is what he is called and remembered for, he was on heck of a offensive tackle and may have made the HOF had he never kicked a ball.

Unfortunately i agree with hoorta and peen as far as phil likely never seeing the HOF, but dawson still rocks as our kicker and is well loved by fans and players alike and has to be fairly content with the situation he has been handed...

Lost in all of this debate is the fact that Phil Dawson broke Groza's team mark for FGs. Congrats Phil. Ever since I saw you hit a 51-yarder into a 30 mph wind to beat Virginia in college, I knew you were one hell of a kicker.

Thanks very much for posting this Earl ... dumb of all of us to fail to recognize this. I know this meant a lot to Phil and he has been solid through this darkest era. Hat's off to Phil.

To you other Bozo's altering this thread to be about the HOF ... I believe one was talking about Phil being in the Browns HOF (Ring of Honor) someday. Someone has to represent from this decade and Phil is the hands-down choice.

Congrats Phil.

Archived