THE BROWNS BOARD

Greetings from our Nation's Capital

dcdiplomat

I promise I come in peace, though instead of brown and orange, I wear garments of burgundy and gold.

I've always admired the Browns and their history as well as Cleveland's devotion to their Browns. This is my favorite football team of the American Football Conference. Though I'll always be a Redskins fan, I do secretly hope the Browns find a way to get the "W."

I hope to talk some good football and have a bit of fun around here.

Here's hoping for better days for both of our teams in the future. Who knows, maybe someday we'll have a Browns-Redskins Super Bowl? Hey, a guy can dream, right? :D

same thing happens with me and some of my tight knit friends, Browns are #1 for me, skins are #2, both are my respective 'conference' teams. and i hope to god someday its a skins/browns superbowl, that would be the most fun! Im actually from baltimore and wish the ravens to be a cellar-dwelling team for a decade and see how many bandwagoners hop off.

Thanks for the responses, you guys.

Yes, having Shanahan here is amazing. Jim Zorn is a good enough QB Coach, but he was in way over his head. We're all hoping that Dan Snydner has figured out how to run a ball club.

The only good thing about the Redskins recent fortunes is that we know who's on board and who's not. I was born just nine months after Super Bowl XXVI, so all I really know is failure. I know it has been awhile since you guys have see the mountain top (I promise not to say the "Elway" word around here), but the NFL is ever changing.

Thanks for the responses, you guys.

Yes, having Shanahan here is amazing. Jim Zorn is a good enough QB Coach, but he was in way over his head. We're all hoping that Dan Snydner has figured out how to run a ball club.

The only good thing about the Redskins recent fortunes is that we know who's on board and who's not. I was born just nine months after Super Bowl XXVI, so all I really know is failure. I know it has been awhile since you guys have see the mountain top (I promise not to say the "Elway" word around here), but the NFL is ever changing.

See the link I just posted? You managed to beat us in 2008 with your old HC and a horrible QB. We suck lol.

Hehe, yeah, I remember that game. I know, things are rough right now for the Browns. You guys are long removed from the Kardiac Kids, Bernie Kosar, and Otto Graham, and Jim Brown; but the best days maybe a head.

Oh, and the Steelers suck. :D

It must be a huge difference to go from Zorn to Shanahan.

I am glad to the skins playing decent ball again its amazing what a good coach can do!

To bad we didnt go for shanahan, now thats a guy that has a proven track record as an offensive head coach...

Some are natural head coaches and leaders of men..

Some are not head coaching material but incredible coordinators...

And others are just natural born ball boys and gofers and nothings...

I promise I come in peace, though instead of brown and orange, I wear garments of burgundy and gold.

I've always admired the Browns and their history as well as Cleveland's devotion to their Browns. This is my favorite football team of the American Football Conference. Though I'll always be a Redskins fan, I do secretly hope the Browns find a way to get the "W."

Here's hoping for better days for both of our teams in the future. Who knows, maybe someday we'll have a Browns-Redskins Super Bowl? Hey, a guy can dream, right? :D

Hey welcome. A lot of history from both franchises. I'm not much into the Redskins, but quite frankly since they got McNabb, I would like to see them do well considering the treatment he received in Philly. I mean, WTF is it just a Pennsytucky thing??? All the guy did was bring excitement, lead them to the playoffs several times, and to a Super Bowl, and their fans still bitch!

Hey welcome. A lot of history from both franchises. I'm not much into the Redskins, but quite frankly since they got McNabb, I would like to see them do well considering the treatment he received in Philly. I mean, WTF is it just a Pennsytucky thing??? All the guy did was bring excitement, lead them to the playoffs several times, and to a Super Bowl, and their fans still bitch!

He is inconsistent. That was the Eagles (fan's) biggest complaint; but he did make that team a winner, so we're hoping he brings a little of that to Washington.

The Browns have a great history and have had some great players and coaches, including your namesake. I mean, how great a coach do you have to be to have a team named after you?

Paul Brown great.

He is inconsistent. That was the Eagles (fan's) biggest complaint; but he did make that team a winner, so we're hoping he brings a little of that to Washington.

The Browns have a great history and have had some great players and coaches, including your namesake. I mean, how great a coach do you have to be to have a team named after you?

Paul Brown great.

Tell that to the Steelers fans, and most recently the Saints fans coming on here who feel that when the Browns dominated it was in an inferior league. Nevermind a lot of what you see in today's offenses was pioneered by Paul Brown. I wish our current Browns would take a few plays out of his old playbook.

I like the Skins.

They have old time fans like the Browns, Packers, Bears, Giants ... etc.

Notice this guy didn't come in here running his mouth like the disrespectful Falcons and Saints fans.

Actually, I knew Falcon fans were punks, but I thought Saints fans were cool. Maybe the SB went to their heads. Or maybe, we just got one or two of the bad exceptions here.

Zombo

I was stationed at the Arlington Annex of the Pentagon 1992-1994 and lived in Alexandria, then Manassas. Had Government training in DC in 2007-2008. Skins fans are fanatics for sure. Don't care for the area though. Horrible traffic and very high cost of living.

Archived