THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Yamon Figurs and Paul McQuistan

maddogg7888

Per Adam Schefter Twitter:

"Browns placed OL Tony Pashoes (ankle) and DL Robaire Smith (back) on injured reserve and signed WR Yamon Figurs and OL Paul McQuistan."

Yamon Figurs player profile: http://www.nfl.com/players/yamonfigurs/profile?id=FIG715551

Paul McQuistan player profile: http://www.nfl.com/players/paulmcquistan/p...le?id=MCQ701075

Per Twitter:

"Browns placed OL Tony Pashoes (ankle) and DL Robaire Smith (back) on injured reserve and signed WR Yamon Figurs and OL Paul McQuistan.

Yamon Figurs player profile: http://www.nfl.com/players/yamonfigurs/profile?id=FIG715551

Paul McQuistan player profile: http://www.nfl.com/players/paulmcquistan/p...le?id=MCQ701075

Damn! This season cannot end quick enough!!! Year after year it's the same shit! If it's not a QB controversy, then it's injuries! Holmgren has got to be banging his head against the wall and asking himself "WTF did I get myself into?" :blink:

Nice. But there is a reason there is no NFL highlights of him

No doubt, but when the picking as slim, you look for upside and anything that stands out.....and speed always stands out.

As for the lineman....he has some starting experience and has good size...the starting experience was probably the draw in this case.

It appears we have another receiver who can't get open, but when he does catch it, he gets good yardage.

2007 - 14 games - 1 catch for 36 yards

2008 - 12 games - 1 catch for 43 yards

2009 - 6 games - 1 catch for 7 yards

2010 - 2 games - 2 catches for 17 yards

Nice. But there is a reason there is no NFL highlights of him

Figurs played for the pre Flacco ravens, the pre Stafford lions, and the raiders. There are no worse 3 teams to play for if ur a WR trying to make it in the NFL. For all we kno he could be the next desean jackson, who knows? the answer is NOBODY. Its called optimism, which is needed if u want to be a browns fan lol

How many people does that make now on the IR?

62 Titus Adams DE/NT (IR)

88 Greg Estandia TE (IR)

52 D'Qwell Jackson ILB (IR)

86 Johnathan Haggerty WR (IR)

31 Montario Hardesty RB (IR)

56 Kaluka Maiava ILB (IR)

79 Tony Pashos OT (IR)

98 Robaire Smith DE (IR)

15 Dave Zastudil P (IR)

No doubt, but when the picking as slim, you look for upside and anything that stands out.....and speed always stands out.

As for the lineman....he has some starting experience and has good size...the starting experience was probably the draw in this case.

If there's one thing we seem to lack at WR it's definitely speed.

Guess they are figuring Cribbs to be out for awhile.

So who starts at WR? Stuckey and Robiskie? Two possession receivers ... who is goin gto provide the downfield speed if Momass is out too? Maybe we will have to get Skippy's boy Mitchell involved.

Zombo

Per Adam Schefter Twitter:

"Browns placed OL Tony Pashoes (ankle) and DL Robaire Smith (back) on injured reserve and signed WR Yamon Figurs and OL Paul McQuistan."

Great Info my friend thank you a Bunch

So who starts at WR? Stuckey and Robiskie? Two possession receivers ... who is goin gto provide the downfield speed if Momass is out too? Maybe we will have to get Skippy's boy Mitchell involved.

Zombo[/b][/color]

i wonder if Bobby Engram is on the radar screen. He's another possession guy, but he knows how to run routes- and we need that right now.

i wonder if Bobby Engram is on the radar screen. He's another possession guy, but he knows how to run routes- and we need that right now.

I'm surprised they haven't brought Ingram back too. I think they are going to get their money's worth out of Robiskie before they give up on him.

Maybe the light will come on.

Zombo

I'm surprised they haven't brought Ingram back too. I think they are going to get their money's worth out of Robiskie before they give up on him.

Maybe the light will come on.

Zombo

The light is on as bright as it is going to get.

The guy lacks top end speed to break away from guys and he lacks quickness to open up some separation.

A receiver can get by lacking one of those qualities, but not both. You might as well stick me out at receiver.

Figurs played for the pre Flacco ravens, the pre Stafford lions, and the raiders. There are no worse 3 teams to play for if ur a WR trying to make it in the NFL. For all we kno he could be the next desean jackson, who knows? the answer is NOBODY. Its called optimism, which is needed if u want to be a browns fan lol

He was only used for punt and kick off returns in Baltimore.

The light is on as bright as it is going to get.

The guy lacks top end speed to break away from guys and he lacks quickness to open up some separation.

A receiver can get by lacking one of those qualities, but not both. You might as well stick me out at receiver.

I don't understand. He was a top notch guy in college and its not like he played in a weak conference. He should be able to at least translate something to the pros. Whatever happened to his "impressive training camp"?

I don't understand. He was a top notch guy in college and its not like he played in a weak conference. He should be able to at least translate something to the pros. Whatever happened to his "impressive training camp"?

I agree....that's why I don't really blame the team for selecting the guy. All you can do is look at the film and numbers. Does he do this? Check. Does he do that?? Check.

You start adding up the checks and he looks to be a guy who will be able to play. In this case???? Shrug!!???

I agree....that's why I don't really blame the team for selecting the guy. All you can do is look at the film and numbers. Does he do this? Check. Does he do that?? Check.

You start adding up the checks and he looks to be a guy who will be able to play. In this case???? Shrug!!???

I also think you need a QB to throw to him and he got more targets with McCoy last week so you may see a new Robiske when McCoy is in.

I don't think anyone expected Robo to be a speed burner guy, but with his college performance and his father being an NFL coach we expected him to have the smarts to be a good possession receiver...perhaps a Joe Jurevicius kind of guy. But he has never shown the ability to do that. One day maybe. Perhaps we should stick it out for another year or two. I mean, we would NOT get anything for him in a trade, obviously. Perhaps he and McCoy can develop some chemistry. Who knows.

I am sure that personnel departments haven't given up on this guy for no reason but it sure would be nice to at least take him for a test drive....put him in the game run him deep and see how he affects the defense. He'll probably demand single coverage until he can demonstrate that he can get open and catch. We have nothing to lose. He has an ability that we lack. Anything he provides in a 3 or 4 wide set is gravy.

As far as Robo goes, anybody with that kind of lineage (athletically and parentally) who can't be a legit #2 has "doesn't want to" written all over him. I can't prove that obviously but it just seems that he passes many eyeball tests but never makes the grade. I wonder how much is from the neck up.

Archived