THE BROWNS BOARD

18-Game Season: Too Much of a Good Thing?

ArmchairReport

Guys,

I was not sure where to post this. I was looking for a general NFL section. If you have another spot for that let me know.

Respectfully Armchair

My thoughts were on the topic of an 18 game season. I was wondering what anyone thought? I do have some thoughts in a longer rant at: http://www.armchairreport.com/">Armchair Report</a>

Other than that, I personally believe that the the players are the most important part of the game. Without them we don't have an NFL. I wonder if stretching the season out will hurt more players. It is a problem now.

Guys,

I was not sure where to post this. I was looking for a general NFL section. If you have another spot for that let me know.

Respectfully Armchair

My thoughts were on the topic of an 18 game season. I was wondering what anyone thought? I do have some thoughts in a longer rant at: http://www.armchairreport.com/">Armchair Report</a>

Other than that, I personally believe that the the players are the most important part of the game. Without them we don't have an NFL. I wonder if stretching the season out will hurt more players. It is a problem now.

The game doesn't hurt players, roided up junkies who make illegal hits is what hurts players. Besides, if these guys dont want to play im sure there will alway's be someone else willing to take they're place.

Eighteen games with only 2 exhibition games is better than 16 and 4, but it would be better if they could do 16 and 2 and still set rosters. Preseason games are a waste. But, of course, the fact is the NFL owners don't want to give up revenue by merely dropping 2 preseason games. To the owners bean counters they just want 20 games. They could care less if the season was only 10 games long with 10 exhibition games. When the season was only 14 games they actually played 6 preseason games.

I'm very, very much against the 18 game regular season. We see too many pro football players end up as borderline vegetables as it is.

Let's face it, players now are faster, bigger, and strong now than they were when the NFL switched to a 16 game season in the '70s. If you add this to the 1-4 post-season games some teams play, well...it's just too much, in my opinion.

I'm very, very much against the 18 game regular season. We see too many pro football players end up as borderline vegetables as it is.

Let's face it, players now are faster, bigger, and strong now than they were when the NFL switched to a 16 game season in the '70s. If you add this to the 1-4 post-season games some teams play, well...it's just too much, in my opinion.

I'm in agreement here. Unlike the exhibition season when starters play on a very limited basis, you're talking 18 games playing "full throttle" against the best the other teams have to offer. IMHO, it's just too much pounding.

Mike

Archived