THE BROWNS BOARD

Invitation

Dragon

Hello I'm a Saints fan, but the Browns have been one of my favorite AFC teams for a few years. Guess I like the underdogs :blush:

I'm not here to talk smack, but to invite you to come and join the discussion on our board. This is the largest Saints board around and a family friendly board. We like good football discussions and are always open to visitors from opposing teams as long as they follow the TOS.

Right now we have several threads running which may have interest. Feel free to join the discussions. It is always nice to hear the other side of the ball

Ok Week 7, Who's going to cover TE Ben Watson?

Football Gameplan's Week 7 Video Preview Saints vs Browns

By the way - I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott Fujita get a standing ovation when he enters the Superdome. He is still very popular in NOLA. I was sad to see him go, but you got a really good player and an even better person there.

Hello I'm a Saints fan, but the Browns have been one of my favorite AFC teams for a few years. Guess I like the underdogs :blush:

I'm not here to talk smack, but to invite you to come and join the discussion on our board. This is the largest Saints board around and a family friendly board. We like good football discussions and are always open to visitors from opposing teams as long as they follow the TOS.

Right now we have several threads running which may have interest. Feel free to join the discussions. It is always nice to hear the other side of the ball

Ok Week 7, Who's going to cover TE Ben Watson?

Football Gameplan's Week 7 Video Preview Saints vs Browns

By the way - I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott Fujita get a standing ovation when he enters the Superdome. He is still very popular in NOLA. I was sad to see him go, but you got a really good player and an even better person there.

Welcome, and I hope this thread doesn't get ugly like a couple of other threads with exchanges between Saints and Browns fans. As I have said, the Saints finally getting there last season gives us (at least me) inspiration in Cleveland that the Browns can soon end their championship drought. Unless the Browns by some miracle get there this year (HAHAHA) more than likely I'll be pulling for you to win it again.

When I even think of the Saints, I think of Archie Manning laboring all those years with those teams. I put him in a league with Barry Sanders as great players remaining loyal to poor teams. How can you NOT respect guys like that?

Mike

Them boys take us pretty lightly over there!

But ya cant really blame em, after all we are one of if not the leagues worst managed team, and with serious injuries already mounting up on some our best mediocre players on both sides of the ball, and with no creative offensive thinking capability and a rookie QB starting we are still the same cleveland clowns everyone has loved to laugh at and take lightly for years...

But even though we have an invisible owner along with equally invisible upper management and generally poor coaching and lackluster talent about every 3 games or so we somehow manage to despite all odds up and beat a big name team... who knows it could be the Aints this time around!

And the only thing worse than being the cleveland browns is getting beat by em! Muhahahahaha..

Your worried about Ben Watson? Have you not seen our duel threat at WR? Your gonna need a monster game plan to slow down Robiskie and Stuckey. If bye some miracle you can limit their catches, its probably only because Hillis is running all over you. :rolleyes:

Your worried about Ben Watson? Have you not seen our duel threat at WR? Your gonna need a monster game plan to slow down Robiskie and Stuckey. If bye some miracle you can limit their catches, its probably only because Hillis is running all over you. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately TE's seems to be our nemesis. Dallas Clarke was running all over us during the first half of the SB

Shianco had 76 yards and a TD in week one (leading receiver)

Vernon Davis had 78 yards (leading receiver) in week 2

Tony Gonzalez 110 yards and a TD in week 3 (leading receiver)

It has gotten a little better during the last 3 games, but still the opponent TE still makes some very big 3rd down conversions.

With regards to the passing game we, like you guys, are fighting injuries. Our best CB Jabari Greer is on the injury list and doubtful. Tracy Porter is still out with knee trouble. Malcolm Jenkins - a 2nd year player who played cb last year, are playing FS instead of Darren Sharper (who has just come off PUP but may be back for this game). MJ has done a good job, but he is still no Sharper. We just lost another CB (Randal Gay) to IR this week due to concussions.

On a positive note - first round rookie cb Pat Robinson is doing better than expected, but like all rookies will get burned at times.

Them boys take us pretty lightly over there!

But ya cant really blame em, after all we are one of if not the leagues worst managed team, and with serious injuries already mounting up on some our best mediocre players on both sides of the ball, and with no creative offensive thinking capability and a rookie QB starting we are still the same cleveland clowns everyone has loved to laugh at and take lightly for years...

But even though we have an invisible owner along with equally invisible upper management and generally poor coaching and lackluster talent about every 3 games or so we somehow manage to despite all odds up and beat a big name team... who knows it could be the Aints this time around!

And the only thing worse than being the cleveland browns is getting beat by em! Muhahahahaha..

Any given Sunday I give you that - and the Saints have often struggled more against so called easy opponents.

By the way - I like your signature. I've been a Saints fan since 1982 and if you substitute Saints for Browns in that poem, it fits the Saints to a T, before the current leadership Loomis, Payton and Brees took over in 2006.

Dragon,

as cheif hater of Steeler vermin and Raven sputum, I am flattered by your gracious offer. I have always liked the Saints fans and organization. I am jealous that you got your SB before we did, but you guys are ones who understand loyalty. As far as I am concerned, you can even come here and talk smack and you get my respect.

It takes real fans to stick with a team through the miserable years. IN Pittsburgh fanship has always been fiar weathered. Did you know that in a home game, against the Bengals, back in the 80s, when the Steelers STILl has playoff hopes, although slim, the home attendance in Three Sewars was LESS THAN 28,000?

It's true. Plus, during the heyday of the Bradshaw era Steelers homegames only averages an attendance of 47,000 throughout the entire period. This is why Three Sewars was built to be one of the smallest stadiums ever. This is also why Hienze dump is the SMALLEST OF ALL HOK Stadiums (Stadia is a homo word)

Sorry to go off on the Steelrs but you gave me the lead in. You are probably wondering how you did that? SImply by posting. I can turn a visit from the Pope into Steelr hate.

BY they way, did I mention to you that the Steelers blow?

Their team has a policy of Don't Ask - Don't Kordell.

I think even the Pope hates the Steelers! LOL!

Dragon,

as cheif hater of Steeler vermin and Raven sputum, I am flattered by your gracious offer. I have always liked the Saints fans and organization. I am jealous that you got your SB before we did, but you guys are ones who understand loyalty. As far as I am concerned, you can even come here and talk smack and you get my respect.

It takes real fans to stick with a team through the miserable years. IN Pittsburgh fanship has always been fiar weathered. Did you know that in a home game, against the Bengals, back in the 80s, when the Steelers STILl has playoff hopes, although slim, the home attendance in Three Sewars was LESS THAN 28,000?

It's true. Plus, during the heyday of the Bradshaw era Steelers homegames only averages an attendance of 47,000 throughout the entire period. This is why Three Sewars was built to be one of the smallest stadiums ever. This is also why Hienze dump is the SMALLEST OF ALL HOK Stadiums (Stadia is a homo word)

Sorry to go off on the Steelrs but you gave me the lead in. You are probably wondering how you did that? SImply by posting. I can turn a visit from the Pope into Steelr hate.

BY they way, did I mention to you that the Steelers blow?

Their team has a policy of Don't Ask - Don't Kordell.

A fun but true story....

After the Colts lost the Superbowl 10 fans welcomed them home at the airport

After Saints lost the NFCCG in 2006 5000 fans showed up to show their support at the airport at 1 am in freezing weather.....

A fun but true story....

After Saints lost the NFCCG in 2006 5000 fans showed up to show their support at the airport at 1 am in freezing weather.....

Whats your idea of "freezing" weather? 60s?

I think Cleveland fans and New Orleans fans have much different meanings of "Freezing"

A fun but true story....

Yeah, I didn't understand the Colts fans. Only 10 of them? My God, if the Browns ever made it to the Super Bowl, and lost there would still be a parade here. Hell, I remember after one of the playoff losses to Denver (The Fumble) there were a ton of fans who went to the airport to show support for the Browns, and congratulate them on a good season. I would imagine Saints fans would have done the same, had you lost.

Yeah, I didn't understand the Colts fans. Only 10 of them? My God, if the Browns ever made it to the Super Bowl, and lost there would still be a parade here. Hell, I remember after one of the playoff losses to Denver (The Fumble) there were a ton of fans who went to the airport to show support for the Browns, and congratulate them on a good season. I would imagine Saints fans would have done the same, had you lost.

Thats how it is in NOLA as well. The parade that followed on Tuesday after the SB win were actually in planning long before. Everyone started planning that one the moment Hartleys kick went through the uprights in the NFCCG. There was going to be a parade - win or lose.

Thats how it is in NOLA as well. The parade that followed on Tuesday after the SB win were actually in planning long before. Everyone started planning that one the moment Hartleys kick went through the uprights in the NFCCG. There was going to be a parade - win or lose.

And having Bourbon Street is even more of an incentive to party, LOL! :lol:

Archived