THE BROWNS BOARD

Secretariat One More Time

Let it play here for a week or so before you move and combine it with the current barbarshop talk topic. I found the movie compelling.....especially for women. And especially for those who appreciate ONE GREAT Athlete and those who like horse racing. The movie is a must for all except wife beating lame males. The GREATEST ATHLETE OF THE LAST CENTURY Secretariat and a story told well......and accurate

Let it play here for a week or so before you move and combine it with the current barbarshop talk topic. I found the movie compelling.....especially for women. And especially for those who appreciate ONE GREAT Athlete and those who like horse racing. The movie is a must for all except wife beating lame males. The GREATEST ATHLETE OF THE LAST CENTURY Secretariat and a story told well......and accurate

I remember the year of Secretariat quite clearly. I was 13 playing summer league baseball in Chagrin Falls. Seemed like everyone was into it at the time. Of course we had no ESPN, internet etc. It was big news. We all gathered round the TV to watch the Belmont. Still gives me shivers to think about it. One the most exciting Non-Cleveland sports moments of my life. My wife and I are going to see it Friday night.

From the previews it appears that they try to make Diane Lane look old and she still is smokin hot!!

• 4 months later...

I just saw this and I thought it was borderline terrible honestly.

Seabiscuit is probably one of my top 3 movies of all time so I was excited to see this movie.

One of the main problems I had was the main conflict in the story was about a Multimillionaire in Jeopardy of losing a small percentage of her families money while her horse is becoming the most expensive horse in America.

The side plots meant to reference the time period were terrible and added nothing to the story.

The Preakness race, run at Pimlico (one of the finest and most prestigious tracks in the country), was filmed on a small, poor looking track, and at one point you could see school buses in the background. All of the races were poorly done.

The cast looked promising but its hard to judge their performances because some of their lines were just badly written. The supporting cast around Lane and Malkovich were very bad.

The movie had many lines and parts that a six year old would call "cheasy". All of which were unnecessary.

Secretariat the horse was known for being showy, charismatic, and at the very least energetic in front of a crowd before and after races. Other than the fact that they found a big, red horse, it wasn't lively at all and acted nothing like Secretariat.

I really think they tried way too hard to try to make Secretariat seem like the underdog when they should have told it like it was. Secretariat was probably the best, most dominant horse that ever lived. He was the opposite of an underdog. He was the New York Yankees but everyone rooted for him.

Great Story. Terrible job by Disney of telling it.

Very disappointing...

Archived