THE BROWNS BOARD

Jon Gruden???

GoBrowns

I love Gruden's commentary on MNF but why is everyone so in love with him as a coach?

He inherited Dungy's team, won the Superbowl, then the Bucs went downhill from there.

Why do you think he's going to suddenly come here and turn us around when he couldn't stop the Bucs from dropping back into mediocrity?

It sounds like Gruden likes Mccoy

Check out the video: Visit My Website

Gruden likes everybody, really, he really likes everybody. Until there on his team.

I've never heard one player say one good thing about Gruden, but I've heard alot of players say alot of negative things about him. He doesn't impress me at all, I'd rather have Mangini, unless Paul Browns coming back there's nobody I'd rather have.

Check it out

I know it's just a rumor, but I want to hear opinions on changing head coach...again. Personally I think that we will never have a good team if we keep changing the system every few years...getting Jon Gruden is pretty tempting though.

I don't see it. And it wouldn't make me happy. I used to be a Raider fan during his tenure and I never thought that much of him. Was surprised to see the trade to TB and of course that came back to bite them.

Rex Ryan is the fat arrogant slob in N.Y.. Rob Ryan should stay as Defensive Coordinator..

Rex Ryan is a dang good coach. I can't understand keeping Mangini. The guy allows to many stupid costly plays to happen. I hate coaches that have moments of brilliance followed w/ a bonehead decision.

As for the twin Rob Ryan, I say promote him to HC. The Ryan's know the game and understand the players. Ryan is the best bet to win, and change the losing spirit. Lets face it the Browns need motivation big time!!!

As for Gruden I'd put cash money on him being in Dallas next year. I think its the only Coaching Job the guy will leave his TV contract for. Gruden likes attention, and Dallas would give him just that. Not to mention Gruden's Freudian slip about Dallas on live TV. Where he said something about the changes that he will be making in Dallas.

First off I dont think any of us as fans like the coaching carousel, my thoughts on this issue are pretty straight forward and i could spend literally hours documenting the negatives and why mangini is a bad coach as opposed to the few upsides his less than creative thinking and idiotic and less than idealistic system offer, but im not going to get into it again, i dont like much about the gini even though i try to, a little research on gini goes a long way in understanding why i dislike the coach, enuff said..

Ultimately its on heckert and holmgren's heads what they choose to do from here on in and it will possibily impact the club for better or worse for many years to come...

I am glad lerner wont be making the choices though and i think heckert is an awesome GM thats observed things for a while now and has come to some determinations about where we are and where we want to go and he is just about ready to roll up his sleeves and get busy...

As far as gruden goes he has a lot more upside than mangini but then again a homeless guy from the skids could do a better job of working with the talent we have than mangini does, We need an offensive minded coach first and foremost or at minimal a qualified OC without mangini dictating to him who plays based on his erroneous practice system, the gini is not an offensive guru and needs to accept that and let the OC do his job, brian schottenheimer has plenty to say on that subject, and in reality his groping and strangling of the offense is what likely cost him his job with the jets and under an offensive minded holmgren and heckert likely will cost him his job in cleveland as well...

However if we are going to change coaching staffs again, i would want holmgren to chose the right guy for the longhaul someone creative and smart that knows how to win with less than premium talent, makes good decisions and has some balls while building for tomorrow..

In holmgren we trust because we must!

Do we have a choice?

I like Mangini and hope he stays. Then again, I thought Belichick was a good coach when he was with the Browns and look what happened to him. Go figure.

I don't like always changing coaches but the problem is Mangini is a bad coach sub .500 in his career. He should have been dump last year. He did finish strong but he hasn't built on that finish and were those other teams coasting a bit ( end of the year against a 1-11 team). I love Holmgren but I think he missed the opportunity to change coaches without having an adverse affect on progress.

Gruden is a good coach, he did what "take a dive" Dungey couldn't do with the Bucs. Don't forget what he did for the Raiders before leaving for Tampa.

I doubt he would want to coach in Cleveland though.

NO NO NOOOOOO!!!!! Let the current regime get their guys in and work it out. We're improving, we've been in every game except the Steelers game. We weren't in that one because they have so many better players than us and they also have a consistent coaching staff.

Maybe dump Daboll, but he has been improving too (as much as it pains me to say). We need to let Mangini and the office get their guys and keep improving. We're on the cusp of winning these close games. If we had some play makers we could easily be a .500 team. I believe that next year we can achieve that.

Plus Gruden SUCKS! I like him as a person and announcer, but not as a head coach.

I think they should just keep Mangini. Him and Holmgren said don't count too much this season for the team. That they will be competitive in every game. So far they are correct. It's not like we are getting blown out every game. With the talent we don't have , just think what the team would look like with talent. They have a good foundation with McCoy, Mack, Thomas, Steinbach, Vickers, Hillis, Rubin, Fujita, Haden, and Ward. They just need to find more key players in the draft. Lauvo the guard might be good, and hardesty might be good too.

Archived