THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Ryan staying here?

PlayoffsIN09

Sunday night I watched All Bets Are Off and Bruce Drennen talked about other teams stealing Rob Ryan from us. Likely promoting him to HC. I believe he is in the final year of his contract. A scenario like this happening would be just Cleveland luck. What do the Browns need to do to prevent this? We need this guy HERE!

I get the feeling that Rob wants a head coaching job sooner than later. I think Rex getting one and being successful has enticed him even more.

Rex had an amazing defense in Baltimore for years, and I would hope Rob wants to do the same in C-town before he leaves.

Lock him into a contract. Thats the only thing we can do. Offer him more money but u know thats not gonna happen. Bruce Drennan is wrong alot tho so consider the source.

Locking him into a contract would not be sufficient. The fact is, if a guy has the opportunity to obtain a promotion....and a HC job is a promotion over a DC job, that person would be released from whatever contract he may have. That is just the way it is.

Here is the question that should be asked:

Which Current NFL coaches are on the Hot Seat? And who would be their possible replacements?

Let's start with Wade Phillips. His seat has to be the hottest.

Lovie Smith could be on the chopping block.

As could Brad Childress if he doesn't get things turned around in Minn.

John Fox maybe in Carolina?

Maybe Marvin Lewis if the Bengals continue to Bungle?

Jack Del Rio if the Jags collapse?

After yesterday how can Josh McDaniels not be sweating it?

Norv Turner? (to me, his team's have always underachieved)

And who would be replacement candidates? You have the "Usual Suspects": Cowher, Gruden

Also Atlanta OC Mike Mullarkey, Jim Harbaugh of Stanford, Russ Grimm DC Arizona, Leslie Frazier DC Minnesota, Ron Rivera

Locking him into a contract would not be sufficient. The fact is, if a guy has the opportunity to obtain a promotion....and a HC job is a promotion over a DC job, that person would be released from whatever contract he may have. That is just the way it is.

Which Current NFL coaches are on the Hot Seat? And who would be their possible replacements?

And who would be replacement candidates? You have the "Usual Suspects": Cowher, Gruden

Also Atlanta OC Mike Mullarkey, Jim Harbaugh of Stanford, Russ Grimm DC Arizona, Leslie Frazier DC Minnesota, Ron Rivera

How could you forget Mike Singletary? His job is practically guaranteed gone.

I predict he is gone after the season is over and Gruden will replace him. Gruden could live with Jerry Jones keeping a lot of the control. Many other coaches couldn't.

I think he will get more time to succeed.

Favre will be his scapegoat. Childress will survive.

I think he will be safe.

Depends on how many more games they win, but I am inclined to think he is safe.

Del Rio is gone; they already collapsed. I could see Russ Grimm getting an offer.

He may be a goner if they lose a couple more games they are supposed to win. Harbaugh or Rivera would be decent replacements.

With his lack of success he must have photos of someone important with a donkey or something. He may pull out the photos again and keep his job ffor another year. :lol:

I also agree Singletary is gone, probably sooner than later. Rivera would be a good choice to replace him, or maybe Harbaugh.

Rob will most likely be a head coach next year rather thats here or elsewhere remains to be seen, i lovee the guy he is so old skool cleveland blue collar mentality! hehehehe

I think something may be brewing in berea, based solely off of watching the way mangini was reacting during the game and especially just after the game yesterday, that was no way for an HC to be acting/rambling after an impressive and creative victory..

Rob will most likely be a head coach next year rather thats here or elsewhere remains to be seen...

I think something may be brewing in berea, based solely off of watching the way mangini was reacting during the game and especially just after the game yesterday, that was no way for an HC to be acting/rambling after an impressive and creative victory..

Maybe you are just reading too much into nothing, or you wish you were seeing something that wasn't there.

Rob will most likely be a head coach next year rather thats here or elsewhere remains to be seen...

wow, you've got to be one of the most negative fans( i use the term loosely) on this board. mangini is safe here and should be for awhile. hopefully like another poster on this thread had mentioned that he'd want to stay and finish what this group has started. i know if i was looking for a new HC though i would definitely be calling ryan. i think the coaching thing runs in the ryan brothers' veins. their pops was a mean SOB.

Sunday night I watched All Bets Are Off and Bruce Drennen talked about other teams stealing Rob Ryan from us. Likely promoting him to HC. I believe he is in the final year of his contract. A scenario like this happening would be just Cleveland luck. What do the Browns need to do to prevent this? We need this guy HERE!

Our D hasn't stopped anyone this year. We gave up 400 yards last week and now he's a genius? We can do better.

He is entertaining, if not a good coach.

I hope Ryan stays, the players seem to have bought into his enthusiasm & system.

As far as the Hot Seat....Childress is done after this year. The Favre thing has had to divide that locker room this season. He sends 3 players down from training camp to get a 41 year old QB with a sore arm, while Tavaris Jackson had support from many on that team. Childress gambled that old #4 still had a good year in him, and he lost.

McDaniels is in trouble for sure, I can't imagine Mr. Fuzzy Coat Pat Bolen hanging onto him.

Norv Turner has proven he's no Marty Schottenheimer...San Diego screwed that up a few years ago

It would be totally unfair to expect Rob (or ANY assistant coach) from pursuing their dream of being a Head Coach, regardless WHERE it is. I simply wish him well, whether he remains in Cleveland or gets a golden opportunity elsewhere. His hard work & aggressive nature is certainly deserving of enhanced opportunity.

Would I miss him were he to leave? Of course, but IMHO it's far better to lose Coaches who are good than to continually fire bad ones. After all, the Browns would continue to benefit from his teaching & schemes even after he leaves.

Mike

Lock him into a contract. Thats the only thing we can do. Offer him more money but u know thats not gonna happen. Bruce Drennan is wrong alot tho so consider the source.

No contract he were to sign would prevent him from taking a promotion.

We could sign him to a contract that called him asst head coach, which would eliminate any team from getting him in a move like that, but if a team wants to make him head coach, he will go to be their head coach.

• 2 months later...

Archived