THE BROWNS BOARD

hats off to mangenious

WRREBEL

I will say that I was impressed with mangini. As critical as I have been of him he showed some real promise. It is only one game. Even if we would have lost I would have been impressed.

I have a real feeling that holgrem has effected him and is actually making him better..

I still love gruden

I will say that I was impressed with mangini. As critical as I have been of him he showed some real promise. It is only one game. Even if we would have lost I would have been impressed.

I have a real feeling that holgrem has effected him and is actually making him better..

I still love gruden

I love a poster who can admit when the contrary view has merit.

Here's what Clark Judge had to say today:

1. Few coaches do more with less than Cleveland's Eric Mangini. Last year he won five games with his quarterbacks completing a combined 33 passes -- including two in one game. Now he beats the defending Super Bowl champion -- in its stadium, no less -- without his first two quarterbacks, without one of his top wide receivers and with his most effective weapon, Josh Cribbs, coming off a concussion and a rookie in charge of the huddle. Are you kidding me? That he has two victories with the material that passes for an offense isn't an upset; it's a minor miracle.

2. Cleveland is 6-5 over its last 11 games; Denver is 2-9, including a disgraceful 59-14 loss to Oakland at home. Eric Mangini or Josh McDaniels? You tell me who was the better hire.

Its nice to see that some folks are starting to get their heads out of their butts and realize what many of us, including Holmgren knew by the end of last year. Mangini is the guy for the job here. He instills a good work ethic, brings in intelligent players who fit what he wants to do. He is a leader. Just wait until he actually gets some more talent on this team.

People forget that he would have been in the playoffs the year he got fired if it wasnt for the favre and his injury costing them many games at the end of the season.

I still love gruden

I agree its time to put it to rest and look forward to our future, i really like holmgren and especially heckert both are proven football men and will guide this team back to prominence, and if mangini is the guy they choose then i have no reason to doubt it and i like the long term plan of what mangini has in mind and its obvious heckert can deliver what the gini needs over the longhaul...

As for daboll at times he is starting to show flashes of brilliance especially the way he planned around and catered to colt the past couple of weeks and ryan im afraid wont be around long unless we "pay the man" and maybe not even then, he is a natural coach selection who will likely be in high demand this coming offseason, but anyhow its time to just kick back and quit over analyzing and scrutinizing everything, we are in good hands with holmgren and heckert!

I think many fans of many teams love chucky as a personality but ultimately the regime chooses who is coach and if holmgren takes mangini over gruden you can bet your ass he has reasons some obvious and some not...;)

Congrats to Mangini? Really? Your offense sucked it up, it's your defense that won you the game. I'd say you are winning in spite of Mangini. Really, Rob Ryan is the true genius on your team, his defenses are awesome. Without Ryan on your team, there's no way you Brownies would've won that game. The Jets are in better hands with Rex Ryan as opposed to Mangini as well.

I want to see Mangini work out just because the odds are against him, and he is the underdog so to speak. He has done a lot with the little that he has had to work with. Furthermore, it will be nice to see all of the haters eat crow, when this team becomes a contender! Yeah it looks like he miffed on his first draft, but last year was such a cluster f*** anyway with the whole Kokinus thing! With the direction of Holmgren and Heckert this will help Mangini and allow him to focus on coaching. Mangini and the Browns kind of represent what this city is about right now.... blue collar, and the ultimate underdog. We may keep getting kicked in the nuts, but we still continue to fight!

Congrats to Mangini? Really? Your offense sucked it up, it's your defense that won you the game. I'd say you are winning in spite of Mangini. Really, Rob Ryan is the true genius on your team, his defenses are awesome. Without Ryan on your team, there's no way you Brownies would've won that game. The Jets are in better hands with Rex Ryan as opposed to Mangini as well.

Real Bright one here..If you don't think Mangini is waist deep involved in this defense you are a truly limited individuel. He is the HEAD COACH and a guy with 3 super bowl rings working under Belichick on the defensive side of the ball..One word for you...MUTE

Peterbell Wrote:

He is the HEAD COACH and a guy with 3 super bowl rings working under Belichick on the defensive side of the ball...

He worked under Romeo Crennel, and well we all know how that worked out for you. You have a defensive mastermind in Rob Ryan on your team right now, are you seriously gonna tell me you have more faith in Mangini than in Ryan? Really, you should learn more about football before throwing out your insults, you'll be the ones crying if you let Ryan escape your team this off-season.

Peterbell Wrote:

He worked under Romeo Crennel, and well we all know how that worked out for you. You have a defensive mastermind in Rob Ryan on your team right now, are you seriously gonna tell me you have more faith in Mangini than in Ryan? Really, you should learn more about football before throwing out your insults, you'll be the ones crying if you let Ryan escape your team this off-season.

Okay..So Mangini was known as a control freak and now he doesn't do anything with the defense..G0 Away

Peterbell Wrote:

I can promise you that Sunday's schemes looked a lot like 2007-2008 NY Jets and not Oakland Raiders. Not to take anything away from Rob Ryan who called a great game but the schemes have Mangini's fingerprints all over them. Rob Ryan was the same guy that was calling "Ryan Family All Out Blitzes" until this past weekend or have we forgotten that?

I still love gruden

Well, someone, whether Mangini or Holmgren, is not afraid to be decisive. When DA and BQ were each given a shot and neither one stepped up to take control they got three new QBs to try. Note that neither DA or BQ has held a job elsewhere since, showing that the assessment was correct. CMcC racked up 280 yards in a very tough situation for any QB, let alone a rookie, showing the kind of cohones that BQ and DA did not. The next week when the offense did not really show up at NO, the team found a way to win anyway. Successful teams find a way to do that, losing teams never do. If they keep addressing the deficiencies in a methodical way, they could be a decent team soon.

I do think that if Mangini goes 7-9 he is coach of the year. I don't think he will but the improvement in the team is unmistakeable, regardless of the record.

Archived