THE BROWNS BOARD

TJ Ward

ClevelandRocks

He plays like Ed Reed.

He is the next Ed Reed.

In some ways possibly. In one way not. Ed Reed has terrific ball skills. TJ is going to have a lot of sure picks drop to the ground.

In some ways possibly. In one way not. Ed Reed has terrific ball skills. TJ is going to have a lot of sure picks drop to the ground.

I wouldnt be so sure of that peen, there is still plenty of time for TJ to gain better ball skills, the kid is still learning how to work and react in a pro system...

He plays like Ed Reed.

He is the next Ed Reed.

Temper that enthusiasm skippy. Were you dancing around when you typed that out? He's a rookie and has a LONG way to go before being labeled the next Ed Reed. He's certainly solid but the next Ed Reed?

I wouldnt be so sure of that peen, there is still plenty of time for TJ to gain better ball skills, the kid is still learning how to work and react in a pro system...

Maybe so, but most people learn to catch when they are 8 years old.

One of the knocks on him was he had poor hands.

That said, as long as he keeps knocking passes down, I am good enough with that. All I am saying is Reed returned kicks and punts in college and if I remember correctly for the Ravens as well. He is a very good runner with the ball in his hands.

I doubt we see Ward returning any kicks and punts, and that has nothing to do with Cribbs being on the team.

TJ was a player most browns fans were mad about drafting. This proves you cant judge a player until you see him on the field Sunday. Its nice to hit on some high draft picks that are not o-lineman.

I was mad because I wanted Clausen. Shows what I know (!).

I actually liked Ward a lot, living here in Pac country. But when he was dinged up senior year, I figured he'd go in late 3 or something. Early 2 seemed absurd... but I also know Heckert's not an idiot. He obviously loved the kid and that's a pretty good endorsement.

Don't get me started on Haden at #7. A corner picked that high has to be not only starter-ready... but the next Revis.

Don't get me started on Haden at #7. A corner picked that high has to be not only starter-ready... but the next Revis.

Yea and a QB picked that high has to be the next Peyton Manning. Who knows maybe he is the next Revis.....maybe he's better, maybe we should wait a couple years to find out?

Sam Bradford went #1, he was out of the equation. After that there was Tebow, Clausen, McCoy, I think we got the right one of the three.

Yea, Yea, Yea we should've taken Dez right??? Somehow the Cowboys managed to get worse with him. Although he does look good, it goes to show what team chemistry does to teams. Drafting athletes that made plays in college with just talent gets you the Cowboys and Raiders. It takes more than athleticism to win in the NFL.

Not carrying pads in training camp......not a big deal??? maybe not, but when you have one of the most talented teams in football and your losing, whats the problem??? Could it be the lack of team chemistry that was evident in training camp?

Don't get me started on Haden at #7. A corner picked that high has to be not only starter-ready... but the next Revis. Shep

Shep, imho, Haden has played some really great play. He's a rookie. but he is a super character for cb on this team,

and he looks to me like he and Ward could both be All-Pro in the future. I'll take that. Btw, if Wright or Brown were to get hurt...

and the Browns didn't have Haden, think how much trouble they'd be in.

He plays like Ed Reed.

He is the next Ed Reed.

lol, he's closer to Roy Williams than Ed Reed. Their playing style for sure.

But Ed Reed was/is a ballhawk who can get the home run play. And the elephant in the room: Ward is nowhere near as athletic to pull off some of he things Ed Reed does.

Ward is a good safety though. Possibly even a pro bowler. Not sure if he'll ever be an elite one. We'll see.

Beast. All day, Every Game.

Our Defensive Rooks are panning out into big contributors.

T. J Ward, You can't get away from him. Hunting you down is all he wants to do. When you see a player in on EVERY tackle, and the manner he gets it done in (being that His style is lacking a lot in "failure"). Finally having some kind of presence in the Secondary, fans should be happy.

Joe Haden, even though he has not had multiple, consecutive reps this season. His performance, (and the browns defensive performance) have been getting it done when his packages make their appearance. Joe's coverage is great, and hes way more physical then Eric Wright. He will knock you at the 5 yrd and force you into a route.

Haden's sometimes good, sometimes not as good. He gets beat, which is expected of a rookie... but not at #7. I just think if you take a corner that high, it's because he's a Once a Decade guy, a Revis. And instant starter and star.

In a perfect world, we trade down and pick Dez AND a corner. But it's irrelevant now.

Archived