THE BROWNS BOARD

Kyle Wilson Losing Reps

harvey1!

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/holmes...g-vs-green-bay/

On the other side of the coin, rookie corner Kyle Wilson will see his role “shrink” this weekend.

Wilson’s technique has been poor in the early part of this season. He’s had trouble fronting bigger receivers, been beat for a couple touchdowns, and flagged multiple times for unnecessary pass interference penalties.

“We’re in the win business,” Ryan told the New York Daily News. “I love all these guys but we’re going to play the ones that give us the best opportunity.”

In New York’s case, that’s been Drew Coleman. He took over Wilson’s job as the team’s nickel corner in Week 4 at Buffalo, as the team’s 26th overall pick this year has been largely resigned to the bench.

“I’ve gotta take it in stride,” Wilson said. “All I can do is try to get better.”

Ryan says Wilson has plenty of opportunity to win his spot back, but needs to show some improvement before that happens.

There’s only one way (to get back) and that’s to earn it,” Ryan said.

I remember during training camp and early season, there were a lot of people talking about how Wilson was the better CB and we should have passed on Haden for him. I think most of that came from the hype Rex Ryan was trying to create for his team. So far it looks like we made the right decision. Haden looks like he's going to be a great one. Wilson was thrown into the starting lineup early and is losing reps now while Haden's play is what's getting him on the field more and more

Read more: http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/holmes.../#ixzz13tlOBux0

The demise of Wright hasn't hurt Haden's chance to get reps either.... But Haden has shown great instincts and is making plays on his own.

...What did Happen to Wright though? Is it physical? Mental? He was never much of a tackler, but he used to be a very effective cover corner. This year he doesn't even appear to be trying. He was lucky to have another TD that he was responsible for called back last week

I think honestly eric wright was over rated. He was a stand out last year cause he got a couple of ints. He also got beat a lot, we just didn't pay that much attention cause the games weren't that close. Think about it brandon mcdonald started for us and was cut by the cardinals.

Haden is a beast, the kid flat out hustles on special teams. He is an athlete, smart and dedicated. He will be mentioned in the next three years as an elite corner.

Here he comes to save the day!

Eric wright played himself out of a contract. When he gets beat, he really gets beat. Its almost like wtf was he thinking

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/holmes...g-vs-green-bay/

On the other side of the coin, rookie corner Kyle Wilson will see his role “shrink” this weekend.

Wilson’s technique has been poor in the early part of this season. He’s had trouble fronting bigger receivers, been beat for a couple touchdowns, and flagged multiple times for unnecessary pass interference penalties.

“We’re in the win business,” Ryan told the New York Daily News. “I love all these guys but we’re going to play the ones that give us the best opportunity.”

In New York’s case, that’s been Drew Coleman. He took over Wilson’s job as the team’s nickel corner in Week 4 at Buffalo, as the team’s 26th overall pick this year has been largely resigned to the bench.

“I’ve gotta take it in stride,” Wilson said. “All I can do is try to get better.”

Ryan says Wilson has plenty of opportunity to win his spot back, but needs to show some improvement before that happens.

There’s only one way (to get back) and that’s to earn it,” Ryan said.

I remember during training camp and early season, there were a lot of people talking about how Wilson was the better CB and we should have passed on Haden for him. I think most of that came from the hype Rex Ryan was trying to create for his team. So far it looks like we made the right decision. Haden looks like he's going to be a great one. Wilson was thrown into the starting lineup early and is losing reps now while Haden's play is what's getting him on the field more and more

Read more: http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/holmes.../#ixzz13tlOBux0

Yet you fail to realize Revis is healthy and Cromartie is also on that roster. Haden wouldn't crack the starting lineup on the Jets but because he's on the Browns it's a different story. I personally would rather have Wilson. He has great size, great speed and solid hands. Everyone knew his role was going to be cut way down once Revis put the hamstring issue behind him. It's only logical all things considered. Both are rookies but in Wilson's case he's being pushed aside by the best CB in the game and a physical phenom in Cromartie. End of story.

EDIT: And that's not a simple defense. Why do you think most of the Steeler rookies don't hit the field year one? It's a lot to learn.

The demise of Wright hasn't hurt Haden's chance to get reps either.... But Haden has shown great instincts and is making plays on his own.

...What did Happen to Wright though? Is it physical? Mental? He was never much of a tackler, but he used to be a very effective cover corner. This year he doesn't even appear to be trying. He was lucky to have another TD that he was responsible for called back last week

Teams pick on the weak corner. it's been that way for decades.

When we had players like Hank Potete, teams picked on him.

Now Wright is the new Potete, be it a better version. He is the guy teams look to burn.

Teams pick on the weak corner. it's been that way for decades.

When we had players like Hank Potete, teams picked on him.

Now Wright is the new Potete, be it a better version. He is the guy teams look to burn.

Touché peen, wright is the guy teams look to confuse and burn, brown also has a tendency to get burned when we least need it to happen, but teams seem rather reluctant to go after haden because even if he is playing off he can close fast......

Yet you fail to realize Revis is healthy and Cromartie is also on that roster. Haden wouldn't crack the starting lineup on the Jets but because he's on the Browns it's a different story. I personally would rather have Wilson. He has great size, great speed and solid hands. Everyone knew his role was going to be cut way down once Revis put the hamstring issue behind him. It's only logical all things considered. Both are rookies but in Wilson's case he's being pushed aside by the best CB in the game and a physical phenom in Cromartie. End of story.

EDIT: And that's not a simple defense. Why do you think most of the Steeler rookies don't hit the field year one? It's a lot to learn.

I think Haden would be pushing Cromartie for time. Cromartie is a ball hawk but gets burnt a lot and is absolutely terrible in run support. If nothing else he would be their Nickel. The Browns absolutely made the right choice on Haden. You trying to poo poo on the choice doesn't put you in a good light as far as being unbiased.

Change of position, this year he's been covering the slot receiver, he dont have the sidelines to help him anymore. And he has to rely on the safety's and LB's to do there job or he's a sitting duck, which believe it or not has happened a few times this year.

Archived