THE BROWNS BOARD

BAHAHA Derek Anderception does it again....

BigBrownsFan

I thought he might succeed in Arizona- they have a boatload of talent on offense.

He takes too many chances, & never learned from his mistakes here. He may still be a playoff QB, as the Cards can win that weak division.

Well, he was put in after the Cards spotted TB a 14 point lead. Bad pass on his part, but got 'em within striking distance.

Probably shouldn't make too much fun of him 'til the Browns win 42 percent of their games... like DA did last year in his starts for the team.

I will never understand all the DA bashing, ESPECIALLY now that hes not even on the team. DA took us 10-5 (that first loss was all charlie fryes fault) which correct me if I'm wrong but that was easily the most exciting and best record season since Browns came back to the NFL. I just think its absurd to obsess over bashing a guy who gave us his all and had the most successful season out of any of our last 10 or so QB's.

I will never understand all the DA bashing, ESPECIALLY now that hes not even on the team. DA took us 10-5 (that first loss was all charlie fryes fault) which correct me if I'm wrong but that was easily the most exciting and best record season since Browns came back to the NFL. I just think its absurd to obsess over bashing a guy who gave us his all and had the most successful season out of any of our last 10 or so QB's.

I have to differ....Literally EVERYTHING else worked around DA in 2007...he took us NOWHERE! He was the RECIPIENT of fantastic line, receiver, & running back play, coupled with a great job by the offensive coordinator. He DID however, take us OUT of the playoffs with his great talent for turning the ball over. Arizona is welcome to keep him in my view, although I feel he may well be out of the NFL in 2-3 years.

DA never had it & never will. A strong arm is simply NOT all you need in the NFL.

Mike

I'll never understand how DA Bigfoot stupidly threw away the Browns playoff chances with picks.

He "played" so poorly, that was the last straw - when I saw him laughing on the sidelines.

good riddance.

So DA blew our chance at playoffs by winning 10 games, something that hadn't been done since 1994 when Cleveland actually went 11-5. And before that season the last time we won 10 was in 88. I'm failing to see the logic as to how DA "blew" our playoff chances. The best we've done since he has left is a 5 win season. Obviously its not all him on those 10 wins, you don't have to tell me of his amazing supporting cast that year, I watched every damn second of that season. I just think its pathetic how you guys go on bashing him and wishing him bad luck when he isn't even in the same conference anymore. Its actually almost as pathetic as the steeler trolls we have around here, almost

I'm not going bash the guy, and can't understand other peoples urge to do so. Say what you will, at least he still plays (though not so well). What happened to BQ? Just sayin.......... Now I think we should just forget about both of them and concentrate on the Browns.

Aww come on really...? Two things I noticed yesterday about Anderson. First off I didn't see him smiling at all after the two picks, was surprised about that as maybe that means hes taking that more seriously now? I mean how embarrassing can that be that the best WR in the game wants to be traded because he knows that the QB talent on the team is GARBAGE. And second I turned to my roommate as the last drive began and he was like..."uh oh he has a chance to win it"...I said "Just wait, it IS DA after all, he'll throw the pick"...So say what you will about how AWESOME he was during that 10 win season, he is still nothing more than a career back-up. NO WAY do you try and force it into triple coverage especially when you typically throw behind your receivers. Did anyone else notice he had #80 WIDE OPEN right underneath Fitzgerald? I laughed my ass off too when he proved me right...

I have to differ....Literally EVERYTHING else worked around DA in 2007...he took us NOWHERE! He was the RECIPIENT of fantastic line, receiver, & running back play, coupled with a great job by the offensive coordinator. He DID however, take us OUT of the playoffs with his great talent for turning the ball over. Arizona is welcome to keep him in my view, although I feel he may well be out of the NFL in 2-3 years.

DA never had it & never will. A strong arm is simply NOT all you need in the NFL.

Mike

Still DA bashing? If this were all true then why did basically the same team go 4-12 the following year when the coaching staff bowed to the BQ fans and start the musical QBs? If DA is out of the league in 2-3 years then that means he made it 7-8 years in the league. He doubled the average. So what if he is a career back-up just like Seneca Wallace.

Really, he's not a Brown anymore so whats the point of this thread?

Oh yah, only Browns fans can hate someone who won 10 games for the team. More than any other Browns QB in the last decade.

Still DA bashing? If this were all true then why did basically the same team go 4-12 the following year when the coaching staff bowed to the BQ fans and start the musical QBs? If DA is out of the league in 2-3 years then that means he made it 7-8 years in the league. He doubled the average. So what if he is a career back-up just like Seneca Wallace.

Oh yah, only Browns fans can hate someone who won 10 games for the team. More than any other Browns QB in the last decade.

Oh, just following up, since some guys here are still in love with his one-hit wonder season- sort of like Scott Mitchell parlaying one great game into a career. Incidentally Mitchell's career stats are better than Anderson's- which happen to be abysmal for a starting NFL quarterback, in fact they SCREAM career backup. Seneca Wallace is in the Joe Montana class by comparison.

& Please- that 10 win season was a mirage- Anderson was great in about the first six games of it- then teams figured him out, and he's proven he can't adapt. Remember his four interceptions against the Bengals that effectively cost the Browns a playoff spot? I do- I was at the game.

DA career- completion % 52- sucks. TD\INT 50-52 sucks. Rate 68.9- sucks

2010 season Rate- 62.8 blows dead worms

Holmgren knew what he was doing when he let DA walk. I have no ill-will towards the guy and wish him the best but there's no doubt whatsoever anymore- even with arguably the best receiver in football DA's starting gig is pretty much over.

He did go 16-18 as a starter for us. I guess we should be worshipping the ground he walks on.

Forget Tim "Football Jesus" Tebow, Anderson is the true QB messiah.

We should just find a way to breed Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson, that will make everyone happy.

Bradek Anderquinn in the 2011 draft. Our problems are solved.

He did go 16-18 as a starter for us. I guess we should be worshipping the ground he walks on.

Heck, his 3 and 4 record last year is the 4th best of any Browns Qb in 15 years. The Browns have more problems than QB. Lots of wasted energy complaining about DA, ought to focus on current events.

BITTER Reigns Supreme.

Archived