THE BROWNS BOARD

Is It Bruce Time Yet ?

BrownIndian

Somehow Im not that confident with Ken Dorsey ..... Maybe we shud try out Gradkowski to see what he brings to the team ... maybe evaluate his skills ... Since DA is gonners and K.Dorsey is too old and a has been why not try out the new guy to see if he is steel that needs shining or just aluminium foil ?

You say you want Bruce Ariens back ??? ; ~ )

Please tell me that was a joke. Your offense is ranked 24th in the NFL - behind the 49ers and the Bills - who are both using their backup qb's.

I'll take your defensive coordinator though. :rolleyes:

and simply because we think so, there's no way at all rac lets the guy on the field.

Agreed. Romeo probably wants to avoid any "controversy" in the clubhouse. As a player's coach, he will give Dorsey every chance to succeed, no matter what his performance suggests.

You know, I can respect doing what you think is best for the team.

Problem is, when a season is a wash you HAVE to see what you've got come game time from ALL of your guys to see who is worth keeping and who isn't and to see if the rookies have developed enough to start making a contribution.

Sticking with a Vet that can't get the job done and treating every rookie you get like he has leprosy is NOT going to cut it in the leage any more, especially with the salary cap in place and being a coach on a redeveloping roster.

We need to use a zone blocking scheme for the ofensive line, bring in Wells or someone else ready to instantly contribute, find a way to get a receiver that can make an instant contribution and take some heat off of Edwards, and bring in an offensive tackle. I think those goals for the offensive side are reasonable.

Face it Tucker and JJ, as much as we'd like to put our hopes in them, aren't going to be able to come back full time if at all and be the major contributors we need on the O side. Lewis, while he had a GOOD season last year, just isn't hitting the holes fast enough anymore. There's a reason Baltimore let him come to us and took the walking knee surgery instead. Lewis is phenomenal with conditioning, anyone that has carried a load like him and can still walk is amazing. I say put the entire team on his offseason strength and conditioning regiment.

Defensive side we need 1 dlenman, a safety and 2 linebackers if we stay in the 3-4.

Davis and Willie just aren't cutting the mustard. Willie has the smarts, I'd have said make him a lb coach and just get him off my damn field but how many years has he had to work with Kam and the ONLY thing he still knows is duck'n'rush? Davis makes tackles, a slightly more athletic Wally Rainer, that's it. I think Kam and Jackson will be ok if you replace Davis and Willie with some competent guys like 'lil Clay on the outside and an enforcer type in the middle. Can Bell be that guy? Who knows and with Romeo we'll never know. Can Hall be an olb? Beats me, though Os will audible run at his ass in a heartbeat and guys just run OVER him where with Willie it's just past him.

Well Ken Dorsey didn't feel like playing anymore so Bruce got his shot, and didn't fair any better. Threw a pick on his first drive.

I think we should just forfeit next weeks game. I don't even want to watch it.

Said the same thing to my wife. Who by the way is a bengal fan.

Archived