THE BROWNS BOARD

Daboll's OK in my book

Soju

Can anyone tell me why they dont like this guy? Except for that 3rd and 2 fade route with Senaca Wallace to end the game (i forgot who we were playing) He has been calling stellar games. Whats everyone's gripe with this guy?

I have been bashing Daboll bigtime. The lack of creative playcalling. The previous years' run run pass punt syndrome.

Never calling a screen. Never taking a chance. Never keeping a defense guessing. I hated him for that.

Now, I think he's a genius, and none of the above are a problem anymore.

So... what happened?

Did he simply run a doofus predictable offense, because he saw that certain players didn't have a clue to execute the plays he could have called?

Today, he showed actual emotion and fire on the sidelines. I'm not bashing him anymore.

For whatever reasons, he's really running the playcalling brilliantly.

I think he finally sat down with Bernie Kosar a bit earlier this year, and asked Bernie to give him a Vulcan mind meld... @@

That trick play where Stuckey scored was amazing. I have never seen anything like that before. Can someone with a little knowledge explain why that was a legal play? I thought O-linemen had to be set in their stances before the ball is hiked. Here is the link to the play so everyone can enjoy it again.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...-out-of-WildDawg

That trick play where Stuckey scored was amazing. I have never seen anything like that before. Can someone with a little knowledge explain why that was a legal play? I thought O-linemen had to be set in their stances before the ball is hiked. Here is the link to the play so everyone can enjoy it again.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...out-of-WildDawg

They were set in their stances. Their stances just happened to be upright.

They were set in their stances. Their stances just happened to be upright.

I hear that, but lineman can't even flinch or it is a false start. I am pretty sure there had to have been a little movement with everyone just standing around pretending not to know what was going on.

I hear that, but lineman can't even flinch or it is a false start. I am pretty sure there had to have been a little movement with everyone just standing around pretending not to know what was going on.

Linemen can't "flinch"... but they can motion with their arms, as long as they're not engaged in motion that simulates the start of the play.

Holmgren is a great president and will make everyone in the organization better for it. Fair, honest(for a czar) and patient but most importantly he is a walking football encyclopedia for our young coaches to learn and grow with and if necessary he is a firm kick in the ass to jumpstart things in the right direction...

I dont know exactly what the hell is going on in berea but i am loving it and in 3 weeks dabs in my book has went from incapable and disliked to potentially very capable and liked...

Holmgren knows what he is doing its only a matter of time!

I've been a Daboll hater, but the last few games with Colt and Hillis seems to make it easier for his play calling to make sense. When you got a beast in the backfield who can know people on there asses or leap over them wonderful things happen making the coach look like a genius.

I haven't been a Ryan supporter much either because they were so predictable and gave up long 3rd down plays. That seems to have changed also. I hope they both continue to out coach teams like they have over the last couple of games.

I have not been a Dabol fan, but as the team has shown more, it seems the reigns on the play calling have loosened. I actually have to give him credit for innovative & aggressive play calling. I hope the staff stays intact.

Mike

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...out-of-WildDawg

Here ya go.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/positionofplayers

I have been bashing Daboll bigtime. The lack of creative playcalling. The previous years' run run pass punt syndrome.

Never calling a screen. Never taking a chance. Never keeping a defense guessing. I hated him for that.

Now, I think he's a genius, and none of the above are a problem anymore.

So... what happened?

Did he simply run a doofus predictable offense, because he saw that certain players didn't have a clue to execute the plays he could have called?

Today, he showed actual emotion and fire on the sidelines. I'm not bashing him anymore.

For whatever reasons, he's really running the playcalling brilliantly.

I think he finally sat down with Bernie Kosar a bit earlier this year, and asked Bernie to give him a Vulcan mind meld... @@

just look at the bums we used to have at quarterback.

Quinn is 3rd/4th string with denver.

Anderson is playing musical chairs with an undrafted rookie.

Delhomme is clearly old and washed up and wallace is a very solid nfl backup/spot starter (and there is nothing wrong with that)

It's all about the quarterback, and i guess having a mothaxxxxa at RB doesn't hurt either

Holmgren is a great president and will make everyone in the organization better for it. Fair, honest(for a czar) and patient but most importantly he is a walking football encyclopedia for our young coaches to learn and grow with and if necessary he is a firm kick in the ass to jumpstart things in the right direction...

I dont know exactly what the hell is going on in berea but i am loving it and in 3 weeks dabs in my book has went from incapable and disliked to potentially very capable and liked...

Holmgren knows what he is doing its only a matter of time!

I like Holmgren too but your post makes it sound like he is the only reason that Mangini and Daboll are doing well. I would look at the knowledge that Mangini brings. He has a great football mind and he is good in his own right.

Never been the biggest fan of gadget plays. But I have to say his timing and use of them has turned me around.

A year ago these gadget plays never see the field

A) Last years personnel (QB) kept the play calling extremely basic

B)Last year coaches coached not to lose games...this year they're coaching to win

Archived