THE BROWNS BOARD

So if you are Mangini do you announce Colt is the starter for the rest of the year?

longhorn

Given Colt's performance in 3 games do you think it is time for Mangini to really get behind him and name him the starter for the rest of the year or should he keep saying he has to see how the other two QB's are healing from their injuries?

Previously, I was one who took a "wait & see" outlook as far as when to name him the starter. I have believed since they drafted him that he is the FUTURE...I think now that Colt deserves to be the starter from this point forward.

My reasons?...

-accuracy

-mobility

-coolness under pressure

-tends not to repeat mistakes

Most of all...

_The level of play of the players around him is SIGNIFICANTLY better when Colt is out there. He is a confident, capable leader & it is obvious that his teammates fully endorse him as their leader. His teammates play has improved each game he has started.

Colt McCoy has all the "right stuff". It is his TIME.

Mike

I say play him rest of the year. I see him as a accurate passer, decent arm. Too me its like watching Sipe. Not a strong arm like some guys who can throw it 50+, but heck montana and sipe never could throw that far either and they were decent.

Colt didn't just manage the game today, he played very well. I don't think you can say that Seneca gives the team a better chance to win than Colt does. So I think you leave colt in right now and then make another decision when Delhomme comes back. I'll be interested in bernie's comments

IMO colt has earned the right to start, the players obviously believe in him and dabolls playcalling works well with him and the fans love him, he manages games extraordinarily well for a rookie and today proved he can not only manage but play as well...

If it looks like a starter, plays like a starter, leads like a starter and is loved like a starter then McCoy should be the starter!

Archived