THE BROWNS BOARD

Report from someone(s) who was at the stadium today

longhorn

When time allows, I would love to hear from folks who actually saw the game live at the stadium. I was able to stream the first half but the connection was cut for the second half. I have to tell you, I am pretty excited about today and the team's chances for the rest of the season.

Just how pumped were the fans at the stadium after the game?

When time allows, I would love to hear from folks who actually saw the game live at the stadium. I was able to stream the first half but the connection was cut for the second half. I have to tell you, I am pretty excited about today and the team's chances for the rest of the season.

Just how pumped were the fans at the stadium after the game?

They were really pumped. 'd say that 80% of the fans stayed until almost all the Browns had returned to the tunnel after the game. Hillis leaped into the stands and slapped hands with fans all the way into the tunnel. Fans were really appreciative of the play and you could feel a sense of relief that the Browns have finally returned.

Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

Super Bowl in year #3

I think it is finally 'the beginning'. I don't know what you call the past ten years, but with a tough run game, an emerging defense, quality young QB and front office, we finally have a foundation to build upon.

Super Bowl in year #3

I wasn't on this board in 2007 but I imagine the reaction was the same?

Down in the Dawg Pound we could NOT get enough high fives hugs and just plain jumping up and down. Everyone had a smile plastered on their face and like I mentioned in another thread I have never seen the stadium so freaking pumped up and excited as we were when Colt ran the ball in. It was an amazingly great time out there today, we were all having ALOT of fun! Well not all of us, the Patriots fans in the Dawg Pound all looked like they were completely lost, just staring into space emotionless or staring at their cell phones trying to pretend they were somewhere else. HAVE A NICE DRIVE HOME TO JERSEY ALL YOU GUYS THAT WERE SITTING NEAR US LOLOLOLOL

Super Bowl in year #3

I have little doubt Atenears that we are on our way!

Our front office is now truly top notch and our coaching may be as well under this regime!

Its not a matter of if but when!

Not at all. The board was split 50-50 on the DA BQ debates which in turn meant that if DA returned in 08' half the board thought we would flop while the other half was thinking playoffs.

Yes this is the turning point. You can just feel it.

Good question. Maybe todays success mostly falls on Hillis shoulder, but the combination of Vickers steam rolling ahead of Hillis is a bit more of a sure thing than DA zipping it and and aging Joe J, the gimpy Winslow, and the dumbass Braylon hauling it in.

Did they show the players doing skits on the sideline like the Cavs of 2009? They look well bonded and playing as a team.

This team is getting better each week. The precision in which they not only execute the gimick plays but also call them at the most optune time is well prepared and orchestrated. Each phase of the game seems to have a new wrinkle for the oppoent to figure out each week and that is a big hats off to Mangini.

Stay tuned ... we'll see

I'm not being pessimistic but lets not drink the Kool Aid just yet.

We are playing remarkably better. It's fun to watch us play again. But we could have a shit week next week and then what? Are we going to be back to square one? Are the Mangini haters going to come out of the woodwork again?

Let's take this week by week.

With that said....damn did we look great today.

We are playing remarkably better. It's fun to watch us play again. But we could have a shit week next week and then what? Are we going to be back to square one? Are the Mangini haters going to come out of the woodwork again?

So what are you trying to say , we go back to our supposed starting QB Delhomme if he is fit, or even Wallace. I am sorry but there is no way the fans of Cleveland will support anything other than McCoy being given the reigns to see what he can do the rest of the way in from now on, good or bad at least it will properly give the management the idea of whether or not he is worth going with a WR rather than a QB with first pick in next years draft

So what are you trying to say , we go back to our supposed starting QB Delhomme if he is fit, or even Wallace. I am sorry but there is no way the fans of Cleveland will support anything other than McCoy being given the reigns to see what he can do the rest of the way in from now on, good or bad at least it will properly give the management the idea of whether or not he is worth going with a WR rather than a QB with first pick in next years draft

I didn't say that at all. I'm not even sure how you got that from my post.

All I said is let's take this week to week before we get ahead of ourselves. People are saying our team is finally on the rise, and I agree. But I don't want to see everyone get their hopes so high after this victory and then we come out and have a crap game against the Jets.

Remember, next week is a trap game for us, for once.

I didn't say that at all. I'm not even sure how you got that from my post.

All I said is let's take this week to week before we get ahead of ourselves. People are saying our team is finally on the rise, and I agree. But I don't want to see everyone get their hopes so high after this victory and then we come out and have a crap game against the Jets.

Remember, next week is a trap game for us, for once.

Fair enough, but week to week from here on in means McCoy being the staring QB no matter what happens, unless he has two disastrous game in a row there is no way he should be removed from the line up as is at moment, as it will cause the momentum we have to subside too much, which we cannot afford to happen.

I really didn't have a great feeling that whole season. It was fun, but you always knew they weren't honestly contenders and didn't have a great path toward the future. THAT"S the biggest difference that I see.

The fans are getting a better feeling with where this team is headed than the 2007 team. Plus, you had so many individuals on that team that were all about themselves.

This team has NONE of them. It's a true TEAM.

Fair enough, but week to week from here on in means McCoy being the staring QB no matter what happens, unless he has two disastrous game in a row there is no way he should be removed from the line up as is at moment, as it will cause the momentum we have to subside too much, which we cannot afford to happen.

There's no way I want anybody other than Colt to start. I think I've been saying that since his first regular season game.

In the words of Marty... "we'll do it our way... one play at a time."

Do you really think that this is the moment where the old Browns meets the new Browns? just wondering.

Hopefully. This teams seem to play like a true Cleveland Browns team should play like. Some say it is "Steeler style" football: smashmouth run game and good defense......except of course that the Browns were playing that style of football decades before the Steelers figured it out. Dare I say it: Payton Hillis has a little Marion Motley and Jim Brown in him. Colt McCoy seems to have a little Otto Graham in him. Some of the Browns LBs have a little Jim Houston and Vince Costello in them. Our O-line seems to have a little Gene Hickerson/Dick Shafrath/John Wooten/ Lou Groza/Mke McCormick/Frank Gatski in them. etc. etc. Why not?

Who exactly are the "Great" teams your talking about Stone?

The Vikings, Chargers and Cowboys?

Oh yeah, because the media defined "great" teams are always the ones who win the Super Bowl ;)

The Great Teams? Yea, really. Preseason predictions for the Cowboys and Vikings were like 13-3. Or, is that the "historically great" teams? That would be then say, The Packers, Bears, Browns, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, and Patriots. The Patriots are the current reigning "Great team/dynasty" are they not. They didn't look so great yesterday.

The crowd was loud.

The crowd stayed, and the crowd was appreciative.

The bark was back in CBS....expect it to go up just a notch.

I just wish people understood that when we have the ball, don't cheer after we break the huddle. I want to be able to hear a pin drop while our QB and line are barking out adjustments.

People, once we get to the line on O....STFU....give our guys a clear advantage.

On D....another thing.

I buy a Diet Coke upon entering the stadium....take a few swigs while going to my seat, then pour it out in the restroom for my pre-halftime evacuation.

Then take my keys to punch out the bottom, then have my megaphone for the remainder of the game.

Every fan should do this.

Sound from our mouth disperses a great deal a few inches from the mouth. Keep it directed for 6 -8 inches, it doesn't disperse all that much.

Start using cups and start teaching people around you to use cups........WHEN ON D!!!!

I just wish people understood that when we have the ball, don't cheer after we break the huddle.

I really wish everyone would realize this. McCoy or Hillis or someone needs to make a PSA to personally request every fan not make a peep when we're lining up. In reality though, most of us are too drunk to care and/or realize :lol:

I buy a Diet Coke upon entering the stadium....take a few swigs while going to my seat, then pour it out in the restroom for my pre-halftime evacuation.

Then take my keys to punch out the bottom, then have my megaphone for the remainder of the game.

i hope you wash the cup out before you make the megaphone. it'd suck getting piss all over your face. (although when i was stationed in germany, there were some frauleins that didn't mind a little golden shower now and then) ;)

Slow down there young fella.

Your front office, while vastly improved, is still completely unproven.

Even the great teams are not assured of future Super Bowl appearances.

The Front office has to get an A+ for the first year though. The draft looks solid- if not for Suh in Detroit, TJ Ward would get serious consideration for Defensive Rookie of the Year. Hayden looks solid, and before he got hurt Lavauo look OK at guard. I'm not about to coronate McCoy just yet, but he sure looks better than the departed Anderception and Quinn- which has been pointed out elsewhere we robbed the Broncos to get Hillis. So a few more years of that sort of progress, and yeah- the promised land of the Super Bowl may well be within reach.

And you're right- sometimes you need more than a great team to win (or get to) the Super Bowl. Just ask the Colts- or those very good Kosar teams of the 80's.

Archived