THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Notes vs. New England

TheClevelandSound

I am going to be that guy. If we beat the Jets next week, and thats a big IF, but if we do, we could start having a wildcard conversation, pending that our division falters. We have an easy 2nd half and the way this team is playing, who knows what will happen. You can rip on me all u want for this statement but I am standing by it.

Now on to my usual game notes....

POSITIVES:

-Colt McCoy is our future QB. No ifs, ands or buts. Mike Holmgren wont have it any other way. This kid is a STUD. 99% of his passes were right on the money and his awareness in the pocket is Manning-like. And that scramble...are you kidding me?! CRAZY mobile. I can't wait to see more.

-Peyton Hillis WILL be in the probowl this year, no doubt. This dude is amazing. MVP! We need to sign him to a contract extension right away. Period. All those Patriot fans on here that were talking about how they were gonna shut him down...184 yards rushing...yeah...

-Receivers had a good game. MoMass has great hands. I dont care how bad of a route runner he may be, his hands are like glue. Robiskie even had a good 20 yard reception on that McCoy scramble. Stucky sold that fake like Phil sold his house. It took me awhile to figure out what happened on that play.

-TE's Ben Watson and Evan Moore still great as usual. Even when the ball was poorly thrown, they came up with it.

-O-lines best game of the year by far. Domination in the trenches!

- Much better secondary play. Mike Adams was all over the place. Eric Wright with that pick at the end was a smart play. TJ Ward was all over the place as usual. Even Mr. Elam stripped a fumble and recovered it, which ended up being a game changer. Props to all of them.

-Run D was amazing. Woodhead gave us some problems but we mostly contained him and the "law film".

NEGATIVES:

-Why was Ray Ventrone playing at safety? Of course he is going to get a pass interference call in the endzone.

-No pass rush. Rubin had a sweet sack but besides that, Brady had all the time in the world.

-Mike Bell sucks. Period.

-Mangini should stop chewing. Its gross.

-Post game handshake wasnt as dramatic as I thought it would be. Oh well.

Add anything I may have missed.

I am going to be that guy. If we beat the Jets next week, and thats a big IF, but if we do, we could start having a wildcard conversation, pending that our division falters. We have an easy 2nd half and the way this team is playing, who knows what will happen. You can rip on me all u want for this statement but I am standing by it.

POSITIVES:

-Colt McCoy is our future QB. No ifs, ands or buts. Mike Holmgren wont have it any other way. This kid is a STUD. 99% of his passes were right on the money and his awareness in the pocket is Manning-like. And that scramble...are you kidding me?! CRAZY mobile. I can't wait to see more.

-Peyton Hillis WILL be in the probowl this year, no doubt. This dude is amazing. MVP! We need to sign him to a contract extension right away. Period. All those Patriot fans on here that were talking about how they were gonna shut him down...184 yards rushing...yeah...

-Receivers had a good game. MoMass has great hands. I dont care how bad of a route runner he may be, his hands are like glue. Robiskie even had a good 20 yard reception on that McCoy scramble. Stucky sold that fake like Phil sold his house. It took me awhile to figure out what happened on that play.

-TE's Ben Watson and Evan Moore still great as usual. Even when the ball was poorly thrown, they came up with it.

- Much better secondary play. Mike Adams was all over the place. Eric Wright with that pick at the end was a smart play. TJ Ward was all over the place as usual. Even Mr. Elam stripped a fumble and recovered it, which ended up being a game changer. Props to all of them.

-Run D was amazing. Woodhead gave us some problems but we mostly contained him and the "law film".

NEGATIVES:

-Why was Ray Ventrone playing at safety? Of course he is going to get a pass interference call in the endzone.

-No pass rush. Rubin had a sweet sack but besides that, Brady had all the time in the world.

Ventrone has been playing a lot on the goal line. I can't argue that it wasn't a bad play on his part but it's not as if it was his first time out there. He's one tough SOB.

Love the optimism, but there is no such thing as an "easy" schedule in the NFL, especially this season.

I'm happy as hell we beat Belichick, and now we get to take on the ESPN annointed ones, the NY Jets. The Jets pullled out a comeback today, I say they're vulnerable.

We somehow beat the Jets, & get to 4-5, things could get interesting for sure. Can't wait!!!!

* Colt McCoy's TD run was the longest TD run by a Cleveland Browns Quarterback since 1974.

It was a impressive run no doubt. I have to say the play that impressed me even more was on 3rd down where he was flushed out of the pocket. DE had his jersey, was able to wiggle free and throw a strike to Cribbs for a first down, that and the 4th and 1 play where he read the D and switched it to a empty backfield and picked up the first - and for the throws he DIDNT make.

POSITIVES:

NEGATIVES:

I think that Cribbs played an excellent game as well: 1) Descent Returns from the back field, 2) Great Blocking to give Colt the TD and 3) Great reception from Colt on the Run.

Great win and great performances by our defense, Hillis and McCoy.

Sad thing here is that I'm watching NFL Gameday Highlights and they gave Cleveland credit but it was more about "what's wrong with the Pats?".

Either way, people are now starting to see that this Browns team is not the same old Browns they are used to!

Great win and great performances by our defense, Hillis and McCoy.

Sad thing here is that I'm watching NFL Gameday Highlights and they gave Cleveland credit but it was more about "what's wrong with the Pats?".

Either way, people are now starting to see that this Browns team is not the same old Browns they are used to!

Plus, none of their standout performances were named "Peyton Hillis". The Atlanta Falcons? Really Deion?

Archived