THE BROWNS BOARD

Al Harris to be Cut. Browns?

IschY

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-cut-al-harris/

I usually don't like to jump on the oh goodness this guy is cut we need to pick him up bandwagon. But assuming he is injury free (he had to pass a test to get off the PUP list) he would definitely help out our depth at DB. He also fits in perfect with our physical defense. There is always a reason why a team cuts a player but I am sure he can still be pretty good guarding the 3rd or 4th WRs in this league.

Would you pick him up?

Idk man, I think he is 35 or 36.

Although, Al Harris with a walker is probably better than Eric Wright right now. I was at the game yesterday and I couldn't help but watch him on almost every play and he just looks lost out there. That 4th and 2 play that they almost scored on, he went into motion with the reciever and half way down stopped and pointed at him, then looked around and noticed everytbody else telling him "THAT'S YOUR MAN!" and by the time he realized it the guy was getting tackled on the 2 yard line.

Are we the oldest team in the NFL on D? With Barton, Bowens, Smith, Scott F, etc...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...-cut-al-harris/

I usually don't like to jump on the oh goodness this guy is cut we need to pick him up bandwagon. But assuming he is injury free (he had to pass a test to get off the PUP list) he would definitely help out our depth at DB. He also fits in perfect with our physical defense. There is always a reason why a team cuts a player but I am sure he can still be pretty good guarding the 3rd or 4th WRs in this league.

Would you pick him up?

Al Harris has been a great corner but the assumption that he is injury free is a big one. He had a major knee injury.

“It is a very rare injury,” said Joe Caroccio, who began work with Harris at the Atlantic Rehab Center in Florida in January. “He had a torn anterior cruciate ligament, torn lateral collateral ligament, torn iliotibial band, fibular collateral ligament and torn lateral hamstring.”

For those keeping score at home, he tore two out of the four ligaments in the knee plus the ligament to his fibula (back bone of the lower leg), the band from his hip to his tibia (wraps around the front) AND his lateral hamstring muscle.

Archived