THE BROWNS BOARD

Comments on MNF

miktoxic

couple of things i just wanted to comment on:

1) is carson palmer the most over-rated qb ever?

and

2) god i hate this broadcasting crew. gruden, jaws and tirico......most annoying douchebags ever.

I don't know about Palmer. I think that he's really taken a nose dive after one or two good seasons. His elbow is not right. He's playing like DA.

I don't prefer Tirico to other play-by-play guys. I don't mind Jaws either. I think that Gruden keeps harping on Gresham and Shipley needing to "win matchups"....Hey Jon...news flash....Shipley had no chance on a ball thrown 3 or 4 yards out of bounds! Stop perseverating!

No outrage over the two blantant helmet-to-helmet hits on Wallace?

did anybody see them? i didn't hear the crew mention anything about them.

i will say that troy's hair looks spectacular tonight though.

(sorry, was saving that for the 1st steeler fan to come on here)

i know the MNF commentators blow hard, but how bad is Rich Gannon? And why in the world does he always end up doing our games (seriously, can someone answer this? are they on rotations every year where one commentator does a certain team then switches to another team next year? curious about that.) They couldn't find another enthusiastic commentator if they tried.

I wish Gus Johnson did all of our games, he's best in the league in my opinion!

Would you get over this shit? You seem to be the only one around here still hung up on this helmet bullshit.

I am just concerned about player safety. Most of you guys were (acted like you were) a few weeks a go when Harrison lit your team up. I was just wondering if you guys honestly cared about the issue or if some of you guys just wanted another excuse to whine about the Steelers. I got my answer so now I will be on my way.

I am just concerned about player safety. Most of you guys were (acted like you were) a few weeks a go when Harrison lit your team up. I was just wondering if you guys honestly cared about the issue or if some of you guys just wanted another excuse to whine about the Steelers. I got my answer so now I will be on my way.

And while you are on your way, how about either A - stepping out in front of a moving bus, or B - take a jump off the Fort Pitt bridge with concrete blocks tied to your ankle.

Because nobody will give a shit if you are no more.

I don't know about Palmer. I think that he's really taken a nose dive after one or two good seasons. His elbow is not right. He's playing like DA.

I don't prefer Tirico to other play-by-play guys. I don't mind Jaws either. I think that Gruden keeps harping on Gresham and Shipley needing to "win matchups"....Hey Jon...news flash....Shipley had no chance on a ball thrown 3 or 4 yards out of bounds! Stop perseverating!

I like Jaws when he's breaking down the x's and o's. Tirico is okay. I turned off the sound because of Gruden.

For as much access that any of these guys have to the teams playing each week, you would think that they would have more tidbits that the common fan would enjoy hearing about. Instead they seem to trumpet the same boring shit most already know.

Could you imagine all the things that would really surprise you in following a teams practice plan in preparation for the game. Being able to interview players, and visiting the teams facilities? This booth needs a common fan point of view, not these token experts who keep preaching the ESPN highlight reel. That is what made Howard Cossel, he wasn't an ex football player or athlete, he knew what questions to ask and what to dwell on.

So tired of all the stroking going on with the chosen appoint elite of ESPN ... they should be reporting on everything but the main stream guys.

I actually think this is the best Monday night crew to date... I think all 3 mesh very well. Both Jaws and Gruden actually know what they are talking about.. we don't need comedians in the booth for monday night, or any game...

did you watch the browns/ravens last year on MNF and hear gruden going on and on about how great of a QB that quinn is?

The worst was when harrison threw his body at the feet of a player that was already being tackled and was half way to the ground and lauded him for making a "great tackle". Sure he helped make sure the player lost his balance and was brought to the ground but it was about as far away from good form as you can get.

The worst was when harrison threw his body at the feet of a player that was already being tackled and was half way to the ground and lauded him for making a "great tackle". Sure he helped make sure the player lost his balance and was brought to the ground but it was about as far away from good form as you can get.

i saw that play and heard the congrats by jaws and gruden. (tirico couldn't speak........he was too busy lickin gruden's ball). what a crock of shit! if the guy hadn't been hit and going down already harrison would have cranked the guy in his knees. and noone still knows how to form tackle (at least from what i saw last night). they just throw themselves at the guy with the ball w/o wrapping him up. stupid.

Archived