THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillis

firebiker911

While watching the games this season with friends and listening to the announcers, the same desciptions keep coming up when descibing Hillis. "This guys is a Beast!" "He's a Bull", "What a Monster", "What a Bruiser", "This guy is a Tank". It's nice to hear people describe one of our backs this way. Not since Kevin Mack have we had such a bruising Back. I think people are running out of ways to describe him. I don't care how they describe him as long as he keeps knocking people over.

Hillis is a cleveland browns kind of running back and has quickly ascended to one of my favorite players, im dying to get a #40 jersey maybe even a hillis fathead along with a #12 and a #43 also a #23 and even a #55 jersey...i sense my painful self inflicted home browns games and gear ban coming to an end soon!

Durability and long term endurance are the only questions i have about hillis, the guy plays so black and blue hard that it is really hard to image him lasting without an adequate backup...

As a Hog fan, I assure you he has always been described as "A Beast". He only has one speed and that is full out, so, your concurs about durability are valid. He was injured several times while at Arkansas due to fighting for extra yards and/or not wanting to go down. But, he wouldn't be such a beast if he didn't play like that each snap. All you can do is enjoy the show and hope for the best.

Hillis burns the field up when he sweeps to the right, like he did on that 30 yard TD at the end of the game against the Pats. Dont get me wrong, when our O line opens up those A and B gaps he explodes! But its those sweeping runs where he takes off and dares the 2nd level CB's to come tackle him.

Hillis is a cleveland browns kind of running back and has quickly ascended to one of my favorite players, im dying to get a #40 jersey maybe even a hillis fathead along with a #12 and a #43 also a #23 and even a #55 jersey...i sense my painful self inflicted home browns games and gear ban coming to an end soon!

Durability and long term endurance are the only questions i have about hillis, the guy plays so black and blue hard that it is really hard to image him lasting without an adequate backup...

I knew you'd come around Gips . Welcome :lol:

Hillis burns the field up when he sweeps to the right, like he did on that 30 yard TD at the end of the game against the Pats. Dont get me wrong, when our O line opens up those A and B gaps he explodes! But its those sweeping runs where he takes off and dares the 2nd level CB's to come tackle him.

Sure he is powerful and punishing and all but his speed seems to be overlooked or never mentioned.

it's also how we nailed down the win against cincinnati. love hillis.

As a Hog fan, I assure you he has always been described as "A Beast". He only has one speed and that is full out, so, your concerns about durability are valid. He was injured several times while at Arkansas due to fighting for extra yards and/or not wanting to go down. But, he wouldn't be such a beast if he didn't play like that each snap. All you can do is enjoy the show and hope for the best.

Yes, he does need someone to spell him- but He's the most punishing runner the Browns have had in a LONG time. He's more athletic than Kevin Mack, and stronger than Mike Pruitt.

I've been watching the NFL for ages, and the backs I think you can compare him to are John Riggins and Larry Czonka.

As Peter King pointed out in the SI article, getting Hillis & draft picks from Denver for Brady Quinn was the highway robbery of the off season.

Yes, he does need someone to spell him- but He's the most punishing runner the Browns have had in a LONG time. He's more athletic than Kevin Mack, and stronger than Mike Pruitt.

I've been watching the NFL for ages, and the backs I think you can compare him to are John Riggins and Larry Czonka.

As Peter King pointed out in the SI article, getting Hillis & draft picks from Denver for Brady Quinn was the highway robbery of the off season.

I agree. Riggins is a perfect comparison.

A unimpressive guy to look at, who put up fairly unimpressive numbers until the end of the game where he totaled 130 yards gained, 2 TD's, with 4-5 receptions for another 30 yards.

No 70 yard gains.....just 3-4-5 yarders with maybe a late 40 yarder as players got shy of him hitting them.

I think Hillis is a better receiver than either Riggins or Csonka. The thing that only time will tell is his durability.

Mike

Archived