THE BROWNS BOARD

My Monday Night Football

Guest c-dawg

OK, to start, I'm very fortunate. And not because I live in eastern Pa, that has been the problem, no Browns games.

It's because, after not having the $ for extras (cable, Internet, etc.) for about 5 years, I finally got myself into position to get DirectTV with the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Totally worth the $! Awesome viewing experience on Sundays: got a huge game mix with 8 games at once, a red zone channel that, well, shows whoever has penetrated the red zone in whatever game at that particular point, and for all you fantasy freaks there is a player tracker to see how they did. And, of course, ALL the NFL games in HD. Not to mention you can pause and rewind live TV.

For the first few weeks after we lost, I was so disgusted I couldn't even enjoy the rest of the league. Seriously, shelling out serious $ here and not even watching. I did however, record all the Browns games on DVR.

When we lost the first few weeks I still didn't even care about Monday Night Football and started rewatching the Browns games on Monday instead. Again, awesome experience. My wife and I, a lifelong Browns fan herself who swears like a sailor (seriously, she is perfect), just love to make Monday night our personal Browns replay.

Having seen every game at least twice now, I LOVE the way we are coming together and taking down the big names. we really are fairly deep with talent. Not blind you with brilliance talent, but our coaches can definitely make a guy better now, that hasn't always been the case in the last decade.

Now that we have found our winning ways again I am able to enjoy the rest of the league on Sundays. It is truly awesome. I highly recommend it for displaced Browns fans around the country, and all you Texas fans who will jumping on the bandwagon.

OK, to start, I'm very fortunate. And not because I live in eastern Pa, that has been the problem, no Browns games.

It's because, after not having the $ for extras (cable, Internet, etc.) for about 5 years, I finally got myself into position to get DirectTV with the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Totally worth the $! Awesome viewing experience on Sundays: got a huge game mix with 8 games at once, a red zone channel that, well, shows whoever has penetrated the red zone in whatever game at that particular point, and for all you fantasy freaks there is a player tracker to see how they did. And, of course, ALL the NFL games in HD. Not to mention you can pause and rewind live TV.

For the first few weeks after we lost, I was so disgusted I couldn't even enjoy the rest of the league. Seriously, shelling out serious $ here and not even watching. I did however, record all the Browns games on DVR.

When we lost the first few weeks I still didn't even care about Monday Night Football and started rewatching the Browns games on Monday instead. Again, awesome experience. My wife and I, a lifelong Browns fan herself who swears like a sailor (seriously, she is perfect), just love to make Monday night our personal Browns replay.

Having seen every game at least twice now, I LOVE the way we are coming together and taking down the big names. we really are fairly deep with talent. Not blind you with brilliance talent, but our coaches can definitely make a guy better now, that hasn't always been the case in the last decade.

Now that we have found our winning ways again I am able to enjoy the rest of the league on Sundays. It is truly awesome. I highly recommend it for displaced Browns fans around the country, and all you Texas fans who will jumping on the bandwagon.

I like how you and the misus re-watch the games on Monday night. Thats good bonding right there. But I re-watched the game myself and was happy i did. One thing i NEVER do when watching the game live is watch the offensive line. During my second viewing I watched the O line push their D line back---you see the "little" things that contribute to the win. And I also saw how valuable Vickers really is. Peyton really needs to take him out for a few expensive dinners for the blocks he's made for him.

My dad brought me up to watch the linemen. He always said you could tell the success or failure of a play just by watching the trenches. It's pretty accurate.

Now I rewatch the game to catch up on what the skill players do!

My favorite line in "Good Will Hunting" is the bar scene, where he tells the smarmy graduate student: "But you forgot about Vickers!"

My wife and I mimic that line every game in our terrible Boston accents!

Go Browns!

Archived