THE BROWNS BOARD

Rex Ryan Cracks Fat Jokes

TheClevelandSound

See towards bottom:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...erback_c_4.html

CLEVELAND -- Browns quarterback Colt McCoy will get the bulk of the reps in practice today and will most likely start Sunday vs. the Jets.

Seneca Wallace (ankle) will return to action on a limited basis today and Mangini acknowledged that it's "early on'' on in the process. He said Wallace will get about a quarter of the reps today.

Quarterback Jake Delhomme (ankle) and nosetackle Shaun Rogers (ankle) will sit out today. But Mangini said there's still been no discussion about Delhomme going on injured reserve.

In other Browns news, Mangini said the trades of Braylon Edwards to the Jets and the No. 5 pick that enabled the Jets to draft Mark Sanchez worked out for both teams.

Mangini said he wasn't in a position to draft a quarterback last season and that trading down worked well.

He said the Edwards trade netted Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik, Shawn Lauvao and Larry Asante and that all have contributed.

Jets coach Rex Ryan also joked yesterday that he put a bounty on his brother Rob's head but that he's worried his players will "bounce off his belly.''

He said he would've put it on Mangini, but that he's so small right now, it wouldn't be an easy target. He confirmed that he has pictures of Colt McCoy, Mangini and Rob Ryan in his office and that he's shooting at them with a Nerf gun. "They're all targeted.

judging from the video of the press conference, he was dressed as rob ryan and therefore speaking as rob ryan saying 'he put a bounty on his brother (rex's) head and that they were going to bounce off of him (rex)"

but thats just what i got from watching the video of it all, i could be wrong.

i thought it was pretty funny, he had alot of rob ryans manerisms down pat, moving around the mic alot and stuff... i think its all in good fun seeing as how they are brothers and stuff.

judging from the video of the press conference, he was dressed as rob ryan and therefore speaking as rob ryan saying 'he put a bounty on his brother (rex's) head and that they were going to bounce off of him (rex)"

but thats just what i got from watching the video of it all, i could be wrong.

i thought it was pretty funny, he had alot of rob ryans manerisms down pat, moving around the mic alot and stuff... i think its all in good fun seeing as how they are brothers and stuff.

video? link? all i have is audio.

i'll take a look at it in a minute, watching the mangini press conference and a few other things on the dockett, but i'll get to it.

but i will say, you have to agree he's got rob's mannerisms down pat.

For sure. I never understood, them being twins and all, why Rob isn't as "flamboyant" as Rex is, but I suppose thats a good thing.

that really is just hilarious. When i first just heard of this without watching it I thought i'd get pissed, but he really does have his brother's mannerisms to a science. I hope Rob comes out at some point and gets him back in some funny way, but I doubt it. He'll just get back at him on the football field come sunday.

Archived