THE BROWNS BOARD

New Nickname for HILLIS

Squintz

I saw this in an article and thought it was GREAT!

"Can we all start referring to Peyton Hillis as The Avalanche? He's big, he's white and he rolls over everything."

Add in a little geography and hence forth I shall refer to him as:

THE ARKANSAS AVALANCHE

He's so good he doesn't need a nickname.

At my sports bar we all say it's "first and Hillis", "second and Hillis", etc ... as in "you know he's coming but there's nothing you can do to stop him."

Zombo

Peyton Hillis

I agree. That's his name & we all need to say it with pride. Now, my description of him as a player is always "He's a TANK!" or, "He's a BEAST!", but I agree that a player of his caliber needs no nickname. He IS what he is.

Mike

Bad Ass Mo Fo

I'm with you D Bone. Even though it won't fly in the media you could not be more correct in the name. Notice everytime he gets in the secondary the defense gets that "O-Sh**!! here he comes, and they're wide-eyed like a deer in headlights. They are hoping that they are able to get up after he buries them.

Listening to his interviews he sounds like a religious fellow, so how about "Satan hatin' Peyton" Hillis. just kidding, unless someone likes it. :)

That's true. In every other sentence he said something like "if the Good Lord willing" etc. etc. But it didn't come off preachy, it just off as him being essentially a good ole boy. So, I like your suggestion.

I like "The Hammer"... because it's simple and my son's nickname used to be Jack "Hammer" Shepherd, from his 5th grade coach. Then they hit an age where they don't want adults giving them nicknames. Or opinions of any kind. Or looking at them. Or existing.

"The Hammer" is way too cliche. Maybe "The Anvil".

I posted these nicknames in another thread on this site (my "Peyton Hillis is Da Man!" thread), but since there's now a thread dedicated to nicknames, I thought I'd offer up a few of my own:

Peyton "Place" Hillis

Peyton "Dragster" Hillis

Peyton "Sasquatch" Hillis (then he could have a tag line like "Don't mess with the Sasquatch!")

Peyton "Bruiser" Hillis

Peyton "I'm Fast Enough and Mean Enough, and Dawg' Gonnit: People Like Me!" Hillis

Peyton "Eat This!" Hillis

Peyton "Josh McDaniels is an Idiot!" Hillis

Peyton "North/South" Hillis

Peyton "Hillbilly" Hillis

Peyton "No Nonsense" Hillis

Peyton "Da Rock" Hillis

Peyton "Down" Hillis

The Punisher.

I also loved this quote from NFL.com today in a story about McDaniels. The last sentence is priceless....

Traded Hillis to Cleveland for Brady Quinn, a sixth-round pick in 2011, and a conditional pick in 2012. Need there be any more words to describe this trade, other than that Hillis has more rushing yards this season than the entire Broncos' stable of backs? McDaniels kept using Knowshon Moreno in short-yardage last season in lieu of the bruiser Hillis, with negative results. It smacked a little of "playing my guy" instead of "my predecessor's guy." Now Hillis is running over everyone's guy in Ohio.

Archived