THE BROWNS BOARD

Primetime game count by team

dapz

i actually counted the stats (cause google failed me) of how many primetime games each team has, and man the numbers were pretty staggering, 7 teams were snubbed and they are deemed the bottom-dwellers, yet this year, more than half those teams are playing pretty damn well, while some of the teams with 4-5 primetime games this season are playing like trash.

I really think they need to spread the primetime games out a bit more and not just shove the big market teams down people's throats.

Vikings 4

Saints 4

Cowboys 5

Redskins 3

Ravens 4

Jets 5

Chargers 5

Chiefs 1

Giants 4

Colts 5

49ers 4

Dolphins 3

Packers 4

Bears 4

Patriots 4

Eagles 5

Titans 2

Jaguars 1

Steelers 5

Texans 3

Bengals 3

Falcons 2

Broncos 1

Cardinals 2

Panthers 1

Teams not featured were:

Browns

Bills

Rams

Bucs

Seahawks

Raiders

Lions

Were the numbers if anyone was curious.

First off, the schedule can be changed later in the year (I'm not sure that 1pm games can change though).

Second, with all of the question marks heading into this season, I may have been the only one happy to not see a prime time game on the schedule. Yes, it would be nice from a viewing standpoint but you want this team to develop the same professional routine/approach every week. No short weeks. No variability. The first thing I look at every year is west coast trips. Some years, teams have two or three trips out to the west coast which sucks. God forbid they should be sent to London!

Kick ass every week at 1pm EST and you'll eventually get your due.

I'm sick of watching the NFC East teams, period. Every season we get these 4 rammed down our TVs, at 1, 4 & primetime. I know those are some of the largest TV markets in the nation, but I think those teams are on network TV in Cleveland more than even Pitt & Cincy.

I used to get the DirecTV Sunday ticket, until the price got ridiculous, it was a way to avoid those games for me.

if the browns continue to play well, the week 17 game might be bumped into primetime

Yes, it is my understanding that the deal with NBC Sports allows a flex scheduling of the Sunday games that are to be shown in primetime in the latter part of the season. I am not sure when that starts or what all the rules of that are, but I know that a game can be moved from say the 1:00 p.m. slot to the primetime slot. At this point the only Browns game likely to be moved would be either one of their last 2 vs. the Ravens or Steelers. Both home games. I would almost wager that one of those will get moved.

Here are the flex scheduling rules per NFL.com:

Flexible Scheduling

Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006, the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17.

Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gives surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.

The 2010 NFL schedule will again utilize flexible scheduling in Weeks 11-17. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks will list the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL will have the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior.

The NFL has commonly moved games between 1:00 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET on Sunday afternoons, and the NFL now employs flexible scheduling to include one of its primetime packages of games -- on Sunday evenings.

Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

Begins Sunday of Week 11

In effect during Weeks 11-17

Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.

The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.

The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.

The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.

Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.

The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.

NFL schedules all games.

Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Other LinksNFL Tickets Directory NFL Ticket Exchange Watch Online on NFL.com (U.S. Domestic) Watch Online on NFL.com (International) Listen Live on NFL.com

Archived