THE BROWNS BOARD

Things I want to hear Mike Holgren say.

firebiker911

"Colt McCoy has proven he can lead this team and barring a catasrophe, he will be the starting QB for the the Browns"

"Eric Mangini can coach, with him in his role as Coach and myself in the role as team President, will we take this team to where we want to be, this year and beyond."

Let me correct that,"After speaking with Mangini, We've decided that Colt McCoy has proven he can lead this team and barring a catasrophe, he will be the starting QB for the the Browns"

I would like to see holmgren in the owners box on sundays chugging brandy and slamming the table! hehehehe

As far as the czar guaranteeing mangini that his job is safe beyond this year, i dont see that happening until a month after the season and some serious evaluation...

I think holmgren keeps mangini in the end as he is taking us in the right direction but anything can happen, the stakes are high in the FO..

Things are definitely moving in the right direction, but Holmgren has said a lot of things lately about not agreeing with the way Daboll runs the offense. I'm sure they both like Hillis and I'm sure both are happy with McCoy, but that's not really the point. Holmgren has said (in about five different ways) that he thinks our WRs are not as bad as they're being made to look because we simply aren't finding ways to get them the ball more frequently.

Hit or miss, you have to show a willingness to go at least intermediate and give your WR a shot at making a catch, especially one on one. You can't wait for a wide open WR because that's a blue-moon event in the NFL. It's a matter of will, really... and a willingness to throw a pick here and there while also sending a message.

Don't get me wrong: I think we're weak as hell at WR. Massoquoi and Stuckey would make my team next year, with Cribbs continuing as a sometimes guy (sometimes WR, sometimes WildDawg) and Evan Moore hopefully spending more time on the field.

But we have to get a #1 WR who affects coverage, rotates a safety over. And we have to be willing to throw to him.

"I just signed Lawrence Vickers, Matt Roth, and Phil Dawson to new contracts. "

I couldn't agree more. These are 3 outstanding players who are as TEAM oriented as they come.

Mike

Archived