THE BROWNS BOARD

Cotchery's Crotch

1 more season

Agreed, Wright should be ashamed of himself after his game performance, but not neccessarily for this play. Crotchery made an insane catch. Tell me if I am wrong, but wasn't it this play that crotchery

hurt himself?

He hurt himself prior to the insane catch, but during the same play.

Turns out Jerricho's injury was real. MRI shows a partially torn groin. All the more reason E.Wright should be ashamed of himself. Beat by a one legged man. I would rather see Clifton start this week, can't be any worse.

That was just a great play Cotchery period but if that "stud" Roth makes the sack we aren't talking about this play.

That was just a great play Cotchery period but if that "stud" Roth makes the sack we aren't talking about this play.

If you saw the Jet's comments, they noticed Wright was shading guys to the outside excessively (actually makes sense, you want to keep the clock moving) and the Jets too advantage of it. Don't totally blame Wright, I'd have to look at the tape, but IIRC Ward whiffed on tackling him too.

If you saw the Jet's comments, they noticed Wright was shading guys to the outside excessively (actually makes sense, you want to keep the clock moving) and the Jets too advantage of it. Don't totally blame Wright, I'd have to look at the tape, but IIRC Ward whiffed on tackling him too.

We aren't talking about the losing play where Holmes scores, but rather the play where Cotchery tore his groin and limped around during the play and then dove to the right after Wright gave up and caught the ball for a first down.

Also Ward should have had the tackle, but Wright should have had it first, and Barton should have had it 2nd and if you look at the film, Ward goes in on the play like those two were going to be at least able to hold him up instead of letting him through un touched. If someone would have been able to put just one hand on him, he would have taken a Ward special right in the chest.

We aren't talking about the losing play where Holmes scores, but rather the play where Cotchery tore his groin and limped around during the play and then dove to the right after Wright gave up and caught the ball for a first down.

Also Ward should have had the tackle, but Wright should have had it first, and Barton should have had it 2nd and if you look at the film, Ward goes in on the play like those two were going to be at least able to hold him up instead of letting him through un touched. If someone would have been able to put just one hand on him, he would have taken a Ward special right in the chest.

The poor tackling by DB's is a league wide. I would'nt blame Ward as much as Wright but neither one of them was ready to make a tackle they were just going to run into him. Low man wins, thats mini mite stuff.

Generally speaking i would rather see clifton start if he is even remotely ready...however even adams who isnt as talented as wright but plays with more heart would be the better choice at starter than eric wrong...

Eric wright is braylon edwards on the other side of the ball, you can never count on him to stop a clutch play..

We need guys that can press hard and not squeal like a little girl about being all alone when they suck so bad they get beat 10 yards off the WR..

Wright doesnt fit and needs to be traded to a team that mostly uses an over the top and zone defense, man coverage is not his strength it is his glaring weakness in a defense that often requires hard tight pressing...

I hear ya, but you know what that play reminded me of. That Giants catch on the helmet during the superbowl (I think). Manning avoids the sack, throw a crazy pass, and the reciever makes a crazy catch. I knew then that the Browns were not going to win or tie the game. I'm surprised it wasn't batted down or intercepted. Yes, a lot skill but also a lot of good fortune.

I hear ya, but you know what that play reminded me of. That Giants catch on the helmet during the superbowl (I think). Manning avoids the sack, throw a crazy pass, and the reciever makes a crazy catch. I knew then that the Browns were not going to win or tie the game. I'm surprised it wasn't batted down or intercepted. Yes, a lot skill but also a lot of good fortune.

You make your own fortune. It wasn't good fortune, good luck, good karma, or anything like that. It was not ever giving up for one second.

That's something Mangini's been trying to instill in our players, and so far he's been pretty successful. Hopefully, they are playing film of that catch on loop all week long in Berea. That's true inspiration right there, and I applaud the hell out of J. Cotch and the rest of the Jets for it.

Archived