THE BROWNS BOARD

Veikune finds new home

Squintz

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=s...aspx?id=4356741

Broncos waive former first-round pick Moss

Englewood, CO (Sports Network) - The Denver Broncos waived linebacker Jarvis Moss on Wednesday and filled the open roster spot with free-agent linebacker David Veikune.

Moss was Denver's first-round pick in 2007 and appeared in 34 games -- just one start -- in his four years with the Broncos, finishing with 42 tackles, 3 1/2 sacks and one forced fumble.

Veikune played in 10 games for the Browns last season after being taken in the second round of the 2009 draft.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=s...aspx?id=4356741

Broncos waive former first-round pick Moss

Englewood, CO (Sports Network) - The Denver Broncos waived linebacker Jarvis Moss on Wednesday and filled the open roster spot with free-agent linebacker David Veikune.

Moss was Denver's first-round pick in 2007 and appeared in 34 games -- just one start -- in his four years with the Broncos, finishing with 42 tackles, 3 1/2 sacks and one forced fumble.

Veikune played in 10 games for the Browns last season after being taken in the second round of the 2009 draft.

Good for him. I doubt he'll do any better in their 3-4 than he did in ours.

C'mon guys....I sorta feel bad for Denver & think we should look at this as the Browns sweetening the Hillis-Quinn deal for Denver. This might just save ol' Joshy boy's job! LOL

Mike

C'mon guys....I sorta feel bad for Denver & think we should look at this as the Browns sweetening the Hillis-Quinn deal for Denver. This might just save ol' Joshy boy's job! LOL

Mike

For all the crap our coach has taken simply because he is Eric Mangini, is anyone else amazed that there isn't more ridicule heaped on Josh McDaniels? Here is a man who is so stubborn that he's blown up the talented side of the roster because he can't mend any fences. At least Mangini made nice with Rogers after that whole "he ignored me" incident. McDaniels doesn't seem to have a real plan or if he does it seems like he's exceptionally destructive trying to make it happen. Here's a guy who thought Brady Quinn was worth Hillis and two draft picks. Even if you thought the kid was good, Randy Moss didn't go for three bodies. He follows that up however with trading up into the 26th overall pick to select Tebow who cannot realistically put up first round numbers now.

It just seems to me that this guy drips of hubris and gets off scott free....

I still think veikune has the potential to be a great player, he is a slow project at best and mangini ran out of both time and roster slots, they supposedly even considered waiving mccoy, if they dont fit why waste the the coaches or the players time trying to put a square in a circle, its an excellent policy and it also offers no fits an opportunity to go somewhere they may fit in instead of rotting on the practice squad, i wish david the best of luck!

I still think veikune has the potential to be a great player, he is a slow project at best and mangini ran out of both time and roster slots, they supposedly even considered waiving mccoy, if they dont fit why waste the the coaches or the players time trying to put a square in a circle, its an excellent policy and it also offers no fits an opportunity to go somewhere they may fit in instead of rotting on the practice squad, i wish david the best of luck!

While I agree that Veikune has potential, I'm sad to say he may be a "tweener" who never quite fits. I wish him the best.

As far as considering waiving McCoy, I honestly believe that was typical media created CRAP! The Brown's hierarchy is just too knowledgeable to judge a potential starter off his play with 3rd & 4th stringers. All through pre season I wanted to see the kid play with the FIRST team...When he did, he lit it up.

Mike

While I agree that Veikune has potential, I'm sad to say he may be a "tweener" who never quite fits. I wish him the best.

As far as considering waiving McCoy, I honestly believe that was typical media created CRAP! The Brown's hierarchy is just too knowledgeable to judge a potential starter off his play with 3rd & 4th stringers. All through pre season I wanted to see the kid play with the FIRST team...When he did, he lit it up.

Mike

Mary Kay created that story in her ass further proving that she is perhaps the most full of **** sports writer in America.

Mike

Denver has turned out to be a fine dumping ground for the Browns garbage, starting with Courtney Brown. I believe Fatso Warren followed him there, as well as several others, the latest being the "Not so Mighty" Quinn.

I have to believe Mangini knew what he was doing when he dumped Veikune- a linebacker depleted roster, and the guy couldn't even find a spot on special teams.

Now if you have a mind to take a brief perusal of fan responses at the Denver Post. You'll find Bronco fans want Assclown McDaniels fired- yesterday. Picking up Veikune just gives them more ammunition, IMHO. Traded away Cutler and Marshall (and got little in return from the bonus draft picks), traded up to take Tebow at least a round before he should have been taken, and if that wasn't bad enough- thought giving up draft picks and a 1,000 yard rusher (supposedly because he didn't fit his system) for a third string quarterback was a good idea.

Yeah- McCoy cut in training camp? Nice pot-stirring Mary Kay. The last third rounder that I recall being cut in training camp was another Bronco Big Mistake- Maurice Clarett. Who I've heard now that he's out of jail is playing Arena Ball in Omaha.

Archived