THE BROWNS BOARD

Early thoughts on offensive rookie of the year?

longhorn

I just browsed thru nfl.com and saw that Tim Teebow is one of the nominees for rookie of the week for this past week. Rather than spew off about how this makes me want to puke, I decided I would ask you guys who you think the front runners are for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. Sam Bradford, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams, Colt McCoy, Tim Teebow, Jahvid Best, or someone else.....? What are your thoughts? Right now I am leaning toward Dez Bryant if he continues to play like he has been. For several weeks he was the only bright spot in a dismal Cowboys season. Bradford will obviously get plenty of attention too. Mike Williams is doing very good. McCoy's stock will continue to grow as well if he keeps playing well.

To be honest, I've been so taken with OUR rookies that I haven't bothered to keep up with what others are doing. Maybe I shouldn't admit that, but it's the truth.

Mike

Sam Bradford is on pace for 22 TDs and he should pass Peyton Manning's rookie marks for attempts and completions. It's going to be hard to vote against him if the Rams do well. I am glad for him. The other guy that's impressed me is Mike Williams in Tampa. The guy has been incredible but it's going to be tough to beat out a QB.

Stafford will win, ROY...Here is a good ? I know everybody is in love with Mccoy, and we should be. He has been great, I for one was not sold on him witth him be under size, not a great arm. He has proven me wrong over and over, but is this the guy that you can see taking us to a Super Bowl???? I just dont know yet

I just browsed thru nfl.com .....

A browse on ESPN brings up a 1-to-10 ranking by Matt Williamson of Scouts, Inc., for Nov. 17.

Previously Not Ranked (NR) is McCoy at No. 5, with the headline featuring him.

Rookie Watch: Colt McCoy keeping up (ESPN)

For this week, from 1 to 5 (showing draft pick)

Bradford (1)

Bryant (24)

Williams (101)

Suh (2)

McCoy (85)

Far as I know, Colt's had the least playing time, and, of course, wasn't even expected to play at all.

Additionally, Bradford's Rams have not won a road game. Needing to win on the road is mentioned in that piece.

The remaining games for St. Louis have 4 of the 7 on the road.

If Colt stays at the helm the rest of the way and Browns win the majority of those, including tough road games, it will begin to show something special.

Colt started on the road. Won on the road (Saints).

At the time of the games, each opponent had 6 wins.

Colt may have played against the combined best record of any 4 opponents anyone has played in a 4-game stretch.

All those opponents rank in the top 10 defenses (I haven't the data in front of me, so think that is correct).

I think among the opposing starting QBs, there were 6 Super Bowl rings.

For one month of play -- four games -- McCoy has done well as a rookie. Guess that's rather obvious.

I'm ready for Sunday.

Oh, saw this... in a power ranking (ESPN page), Browns at 22. The note beside said (to this effect) the team no contender wants to play the rest of the season.

suh is probably having the best year out of all the rookies

i cant say that i would put jahvid best or any rookie running back in the rookie of the year discussion because the saints UDFA running back Chris ivory leads all rookies in rushing and thats not saying a lot

bradford, suh, dez bryant, and mike williams all deserve consideration and id be more than content to see suh win it seeing as how he has helped turn around one of the worst defensive lines in the entire NFL

Archived