THE BROWNS BOARD

Should be a Good Game

Jag4life00

Hey Browns Fans,

Looking foward to the game on Sunday should be a really good game. Hillis has been lights out so far and I don't expect that to change on sunday, of course my hope is that we can contain him. On any other Sunday I'm pulling for you guys, one of my best friends is a die-hard Browns fan so I'm partial to you guys. Also I hate the Steelers so the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Heres how I look at this Sunday's game, From the Jags point of view. If we can hold Hillis to under 100 yards its up to Colt to beat us with his arm. I'm not saying Colt can't beat us with his arm, our secondary is pretty bad, but If I where game planning for the Browns I would focus on Stopping the ground game. If McCoy lights us up so be it, not much we can do about that. Not to sure about your defense, I don't put to much stock into "rankings" but I'm expecting a pretty good game from Maurice Jones-Drew.

Either way heres to a good game, with no injuries and plenty of fine worthy hits.

Also just looking to talk some football with you guys, whats your thoughts on the Browns offseason? You think the Browns feel like McCoy is the long term awnser or will they be looking at other QB's in next years draft?

IF they were smart they wouldnt make the same mistake the jags made and at least take a qb sometime in next years draft. The last thing yall wanna do is put all your eggs in the colt basket and find out to late hes not the answer. Looking forward to the game Sunday its gonna be good.

Even if colt is named the starter and plays immaculate football for the rest of the season, with mike holmgren around the chances are still far better than good that we will snag another mid roundish QB if someone that looks promising is there.

My own hopes would be that if colt holds up we get another position filled nxt year and pass on a QB unless locker drops into the 3rd round! hehehehehe

Also just looking to talk some football with you guys, whats your thoughts on the Browns offseason? You think the Browns feel like McCoy is the long term awnser or will they be looking at other QB's in next years draft?

Welcome to the board. It's good to see a fan of another team just wanting to talk about the game and not all the smack and BS. McCoy is green and only played 4 games. The jury is still out on what he can do in the long run. What we have seen and enjoyed so far is his cool under fire and what he could do with some more weapons than we have now. We are already way ahead of our QB mess from last year. I would hope drafting another QB would be the last position for us to look at.

I certainly think Colt is our QB for the next several years, but who knows; QBs can get hurt & jump teams when free agents, etc. Holmgren's "MO" is to draft QBs in the mid to late rounds even with no immediate need, which is not a bad idea.

The Browns need a STUD pass rusher on the DL & a #1 WR, plus beefing up the secondary & getting some more young LBs. We still need a lot of pieces, but the Coaching staff sure has the players we now have playing well.

Looking forward to a good game Sunday.

Mike

To answer your question I think if colt continues to play how he is playing we won't draft a qb. The last 7 games will be critcal, so far he hasn't had that game which makes you question him

The real question is will the jags draft a qb and do you like jack del rio?

Honestly when you guys drafted McCoy I kinda questioned the move, I knew you needed a QB but wasn't sure if he could play at this level. So far he has REALLY supprised me and I'm looking foward to seeing him play a full game this sunday. Obviously I'm hoping he dosne't have his best game against my Jags but it will be interesting to see the rookie play.

As far as the Jags next we have a new GM his name is Gene Smith and I've really bought into his way of building a team. Its all about BAP (best available player) drafting, If a Quarterback is the highest rated guy on your board draft him, if not so be it take the highest guy on your board.

Personally I like Greg Jones ILB from Mich in the first round but I don't make the calls.

I thin Jack Del Rio is a good coach, not a HOF guy but hes good enough, coaching is not the problem with the Jaguars its a lack of talent right now.

Welcome to the board. It's good to see a fan of another team just wanting to talk about the game and not all the smack and BS. McCoy is green and only played 4 games. The jury is still out on what he can do in the long run. What we have seen and enjoyed so far is his cool under fire and what he could do with some more weapons than we have now. We are already way ahead of our QB mess from last year. I would hope drafting another QB would be the last position for us to look at.

It would be interesting to see McCoy matched up with AJ Green coming out of Georgia IMO, I usally don't like taking WR in the first round ( thanks Matt Jones and Reggie Williams <_< ) but AJ Green looks like the real deal to me.

Question to the Jags Fan:

What according to you are the weak spots in the Jags team that you want fixed ?

The Secondary as a complete unit outside of Derek Cox (2nd year player) needs to be replaced. Rashean Mathis has been overrated for about 3 years now, honestly if you want a big play go to his side. Our safeties are just guys back there that are young with the hope that one of them will step up. Don Carey was picked up when you guys waived him due to an injury and he has played ok but nothing perminent by any means. Courtney Green is just another guy, its been a revolving door constantly.

Second I would have to say our Linebackers need to add some depth, behind the starters theres alot left to be desired, and we still need more bodies on the defensive line.

As far as offense the most popular choice you would hear from Jag fans is QB, but thats not our biggest need, we need a Left Guard and Center above all else.

I feel that our strengths are at the Skill Positions which is odd because most of our skilled position players are 3rd round or later picks.

I like the BAP strategy but Tyson Alaulu (sp?) I don't believe was a BAP pick. How is he working out for you guys, in comparison to Joe Haden for us? Haden has gotten some action due to injuries and secondary struggles, he's playing pretty solid for a rook.

Tyson Alualu has been a big point of discussion in Jacksonville, I personally believe that he was the next highest rated player on Gene Smiths board. It's thought that the guys the Jaguars had targeted in the top 10 where Joe Haden, CJ Spiller, and Tyson Alualu.

It was reported that Miami wanted Tyson Alualu (no proof just rumors) so if thats true they couldn't really trade back with out risking Miami taking Alualu.

As for his play its been pretty good, I believe he has 3 or 4 sacks but whats most Impressive is his ablility to get in the backfield, he might not always get the Sack but he has been pretty good about disrupting the play, hes a true 3 point Defensive Tackle. Now he still needs work when it comes to the Run game but thats just IMO, He tends to Over persue and sometimes gets caught out of position.

I like the BAP strategy but Tyson Alaulu (sp?) I don't believe was a BAP pick. How is he working out for you guys, in comparison to Joe Haden for us? Haden has gotten some action due to injuries and secondary struggles, he's playing pretty solid for a rook.

Actually he was a bap pick. He was Gene's guy. As far as performance I don't have comprable evidence, but he's been a solid starter every game with some sacks. Aaron Kampman made him better, but AK74 made everyone on defense better. He's not Suh, but I feel he's lived up to his draft number so far.

I'll keep my eye out for Hayden Sunday. Oh and good news for the rook McCoy. Kampman is done for the season. The Jaguars QB pressure this past Sunday was non existent. The last thing a rookie needs is pressure.

Archived